Monday, October 26, 2015

Weleda Skin Food Creme


Weleda is one of those brands whom I trust with skincare - everything from their lavender hair oil to moisturizers. I've been using them for years and years, and especially love that their range of products that are well-priced and affordable. They have everything from simple lip conditioners to hand creams to cleaners, but my absolute favorite is their intensive treatment line which includes facial oils, body creams, etc.

In this post, I really want to talk about their Skin Food creme which is just a super rich cream that has  unique ingredients to deeply nourish your skin. I purchased this cream because my hands are prone to eczema in the cold, despite seasonal changes. My hands get red itchy spots on them and gets worse with hand washing and dry air. I started using this cream because of the rich oils and fatty acids in it to protect my skin and lock in moisture but also because rosemary is an ingredient that is anti-septic and soothes inflammation.  


The scent of it is citrusy with hints of lavender and rosemary. If you're okay with earthy scents, this one will be a no-brainer. I really prefer these scents to artificial ones so I'm love it. The scent also has a really nice calming effect on my mind so it's very soothing and nice. I am also using a Retin-A on my face and any retinoids are extremely drying on skin so a bit of this on the skin really helps as well. Another thing to note is that one of the key ingredients in here is pansy extract, which is a type of healing flower, and has been used to treat eczema as well as acne. 

I do like this creme a lot, and will repurchase in the future. In short, you only need a little and it goes a long way. I like the fact that it's natural, and has no harsh ingredients. It softens your skin so much, including open cuticles. Looks like it is a multitasking product that works for various skin conditions.

What I don't like about this is the packaging. While it's so cute and dainty, the sides rip open when you're almost done. It could be just me and i'm not squeezing it out properly upon using it but toward the end, i was catching the cream in all sorts of directions, hahaha :p 

Have you tried Weleda products? What is your favorite all natural brand?



No comments: