Tuesday, November 3, 2015

"Be Someone Who Makes Everyone Feel Like a Somebody"


Happy November, peeps! :) Sweater weather is in full swing.

Over the past year, I have been on a journey to positivity. I tend to think the glass is half full in most instances but because i wanted to make a change in my outlook, I decided to make a lifestyle change to be more happy. Which is why I started traveling more, seeing the sights and sounds and engulfing myself in experiences as substance. I think it's definitely made it a much easier journey, and identifiably more enjoyable. My wallet, though, is not the happiest haha But that's to be expected.

Some of the things I've been doing outside of work and blogging is enjoying staycations and visiting family and learning. Learning about anything and everything - from reading books to having conversations over coffee. Being immersed in finding solace and peace through small towns and big cities. There is a piece of the old world sense in every place I've visited and i find it excruciatingly charming and something I want to hold onto dearly. 


Source - Pinterest

We journey through life in a series of ups and downs, goals and projects. Do we ever really just sit for a moment and observe ourselves? We probably don't. More often than not, I don't. Once I fall victim to failure, I become disappointed in myself, not because I failed but because I have so many excuses to blame regret. And throughout my journey, i've learned that regrets are bad. Regrets are what makes us question our decisions, hesitate, and not succeed. A culminating negative experience. I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason so regrets or not, things will fall into place by way of attraction (the Law of Attraction). Which is why thinking positive and being accountable has helped in my life. I also think it's with age and experience but mostly it's outlook. 
Life is too short to dwell on small things.

Experiences are fleeting but memories last forever. I've come to abide this self imposed mantra in my life and have been so much happier because of it. It is a continuous journey of self improvement and learning and I am not perfect. I am student of life, gravitating toward meaning that makes me whole and happy. Like experiences, happiness is also fleeting, and it's a continuous endeavor to chase. Because will we ever be truly happy? Is true happiness attainable? Probably not. We experience happiness, fleeting or otherwise, but to go after it is a lifestyle in itself. The best kind.

I hope to transform this blog into a travel blog someday, interlaced with beauty and skincare but with a hearty well-roundedness of world and culture. Of life and experiences and memories.






No comments: