Thursday, March 12, 2015

YSL rouge volupte lipstick in Peach Passion

I have long since been a fan of YSL Rouge Volupte lispticks. Something about their creamy colors, light as silk textures and beautiful timeless shades. 

Peach Passion was one of those coveted colors many years ago and I largely suspect it's still a popular item. This is a beautiful shade of coral and pink, packaged in a luxurious tube of girly. It's also the perfect transitional color to spring. It doesn't look nor feel heavy at all, and I imagine the cool peachy color would look great on almost anyone.


                 Source: Pinterest

I definitely dabbled in peachy cream colors when it comes to lipsticks. I'm not particularly fond of all corals because it makes me look too Barbie-ish and unnatural. The YSL one looks particularly nice but it isn't very "natural" looking either. Its a bit bright but not clownish. 



Lasting power isn't so impressive though. It's creamy to the point where it literally glides off after food or water. If you leave it on long enough, it'll stain and that'll last at least 3 hours. One thing I don't like is that since it is overly creamy, it often settles on the lips and emphasizes the dry and cracked parts. 

Overall, a beautiful lipstick. Aside from the packaging, this lipstick is not without its flaws but I could overlook them for now. 

4 comments:

Stephanie | theFantasia.com said...

I love this shade on you :) This colour is sitll on my wishlist - one day for sure!

Stephanie | theFantasia.com

Sharlynn Ng said...

Glad to know you're loving this lipstick! I've got two from the radiant range and one from the shine and I absolutely am in love with their liquid silk formula! I need the moisturizing so badly and I love how fine lines are plumped up! However like you said, they definitely don't last but I can over look that because of how it makes my lips feel!

Oreleona said...

gorgeous color for spring!! i love the peach shade on u!!

Angela said...

Whoa the color looks so different on you versus in the tube. Gotta love YSL lipsticks.

Raincouver Beauty