Sunday, March 16, 2014

Review: Loreal Voluminous Million Lashes Mascara


Loreal's Million Lashes Mascara is not new in the market. In fact, it's been around for years and this is my 2nd tube of it in the last few years.

Packaging wise, this mascara is striking. From its shiny gloss to its gold tube, you walk into a drug store and you're automatically noticing it! 




A bit bulky in my opinion, but performance is really what counts. So how does it perform?


It delivered in terms of what a mascara should do, such as defining the lashes and giving it some oomph.  The formula is on the drier side but not as dry as the Tarte one. I think it's the ginormous wand - it doesn't seem to suit the formulation of the mascara. My lashes felt a bit clumpy and flakes after a few hours. 

The good thing about the mascara is that it reaches out to every single lash. Personally, I prefer very thin wands to really get the maximized effect on lengthening ;) However, it's still a decent mascara and defines my lashes really well, as non existent as they are! 






What I didn't like about it is the clumping, the flaking and wand. My favorite no-fail mascara is the Loreal Telescopic. More recently, I'm LOVING Japanese mascaras. The only thing is the waterproof formula, but I've been using jojoba oil to remove it and it's really easy and non fussy. I'll have to write a review on them alone ;)

Have you tried this mascara before? Or any other Loreal one you love?

















20 comments:

Shopping Obsession said...

I haven't tried this one yet but have tried the Loreal Butterfly one and even I got the waterproof version, it is still too wet to hold my curls. The wand is interesting though, really helps the outer lashes flare out. Which Japanese mascara you recommend?

Check out my international giveaway

Sharlynn said...

It looks pretty decent to me on you lashes but I can definitely see how it has clumped and it's holding up the best. I do love the bristles on the brush, I'd like to try this but I do agree with you, Japanese mascaras are the best and I've been using them for the last two years straight!

lyn said...

I've used this L'oreal mascara before and did not like it. Can't wait for your review on Japanese mascaras though. I'm rediscovering a couple myself.

Cassandrapamela said...

Oh I don't like clumpy mascara too, it weighs my lashes down.. T.T
I haven't tried any mascara from L'oreal mainly because they are expensive here in Germany at ca. 15€, I'd rather put some € more and buy me a high end mascara..
but I've heard that the telescopic one is very good!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yeah, I would def do the same as you if the cost is high! ;P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

:) thanks Lyn!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

More and more, I'm very into Japanese mascaras, and makeup in general :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I would recommend any Japanese drug store mascaras. They're essentially really good! I've been using a mascara from Kate that you can find in drugstores :)

Amyboo said...

I really haven't tried any L'oreal products before! I've been really into Japanese mascaras too. They seem to work better for my lashes than drugstore ones. Maybe I should check out more of L'oreal though!

Mimi said...

I tried this mascara and really hated it. It clumps and flakes. I like the Maybelline Colossal or the Kiss Me Heroine mascara are good option:)

Jacqueline Ma said...

I'm loving the Make Up For Ever's Smoky Extravagant myself although it is not waterproof either.

laura said...

I haven't tried L'Oreal mascaras before, but I feel they're the best drugstore brand out there. too bad about the clumping! :(

Hollie Damz said...

I haven't tried this yet, how does it compare to Covergirl Lash blast?
Random Beauty by Hollie

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

CG Lash Blast is way better =) More darker, less flakier.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

They are :) i haven't had another drugstore mascara that's topped theirs :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I've been meaning to try the MUFE one!! Thanks for reminding me ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I love the Kiss Me Heroine one too :)

lisa said...

thanks for the review hon!! good to know what to get and more importantly what i shouldn't get!!! yes please do a review on your jojoba oil.. i'm always looking for a eye makeup remover.. waterproof makeup is so hard to get off bleh!!


www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Flo said...

Thanks for the honest review, I like MJ mascara!

Thanks for visiting me!

www.fantailflo.com

Nancy said...

I have never tried this one but I tried the Voluminous Million Excess mascara and I hated it! I would really like to try Japanese mascaras as I hear really good things about them!