Thursday, January 23, 2014

Review: Kose Medicated Sekkisei Lotion

I've been using the Kose Medicated Sekkisei Lotion for a few months now and I'm liking it a lot. It's a hydrating lotion in the form of a liquid (toner). 

This lotion has been in the market for almost 30 years - famously well known for its blue bottle, and often doted as miracle water. 

I bought this from Apothica awhile back because of all the reviews I've been reading. I also have some relatives who are in their 60's-70's that have amazing skin and they gave credit to this lotion! Gotta get me some of that, right?! :)




This lotion claims to freshen and brighten your skin with herbal extracts such as Coix Seed Extract, Angelica Extract, Melothria Extract and Licorice Extract. 



I've been using it for a few months now and I've come to like it a lot. The packaging is really standard where you have to pour the contents into your hand or cotton pad. 

The texture is watery, and very clear, almost like water. When I pat it on my face, i can feel a slight tingle from the bit of alcohol that's in it but otherwise it feels like a light lotion. Absorbs instantaneously and leaves my skin feeling on the supple side. After this step, I would suggest wearing something over it because while it's hydrating enough, the alcohol in it dries out your skin. It's a very light layer of moisture that smells and feels clean, and nearly the perfect "prep" for your nightly skincare routine.

Within the few months I've used this (3 months consistently), I noticed my skin is a lot more clear - I haven't had issues with oil, or dryness. I think it's effective in that way where you don't have bad skin days. This has given my skin a more translucent "glow", certainly where it's effectively making my skin tighter and younger looking. Pores are smaller, skin is clearer. 

I can't really anything about its whitening properties. A lot of people claim their skin's brightened a lot since using this lotion but I haven't noticed anything in that aspect. 

I do recommend this lotion if you don't have an aversion to alcohol. I wish it didn't, but I suppose it's what makes all the ingredients work together? O_o 







8 comments:

나니 said...

I need this in my life D:

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Hey Jen, thanks for the review! I really can't believe I've never tried this. Back home it's HUGE and almost everyone has used it! Glad to hear it's working so well for you!

laura said...

I NEEEED this. SEriously. Especially now that I have these awful acne scars that need brightening! And if it's been in the market for 30 years... man!

lisa said...

OHHH!!! omgosh i want this! i've been looking for a new toner/serum/lotion because i tried the sk-ii and everyone told me it was amaze. and honestly i didn't think it was that great. didn't notice anything different with my skin!! i need to try this.. going to look for it online :) thanks for the review hon!!


www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Amyboo said...

This sounds so good already! I haven't seen this brand sold in stores around here...Now I want it!

Amicia Rai said...

This sounds soooo amazing! :O I'm putting it on my shopping list!
Thanks so much for the lovely review! :3

Julie said...

I've always wanted to try Kose products and this sounds really good! :)

Christine said...

Oh wow, it sounds like a very interesting product. It sounds exotic too, It's a very promising product. I'd love to try it, and I badly need it! :)

Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'