Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Review: Benefit's They're Real! Mascara


I've been using Benefit's They're Real mascara for a few weeks now and I have to say it's complete LOVE!!!! I never thought I'd say that about any mascara that cost more than drugstore ones but I'm kind of shocked but in a good way! 




The bristles on this mascara is short and flexible. The tip on the top is the most unique I've seen because it's a bit rounded and can get every hidden lash. 



For this look, I used my very basic (and daily) eye makeup routine so you can see the difference it makes with mascara. 



The items used are Loreal's Sultry Seductress quad, Skinfood Salmon Concealer, Shu eyelash curler and mascara. 

With Skinfood Salmon Concealer




I really like the Loreal quad a lot. The purple shade is so romantic and pretty and looks so polished. I normally use a lot of earthy browns and taupes but I find that purples can be just as work-friendly as long as it's not too bright. I also used a bit of the darkest color on the eyelash line to deepen the look.





I used two coats of mascara on the right eye. 



Both




Before

After

Doesn't it make such a big difference?!

This mascara holds a curl incredibly well! It also feels really flexible after it dries so I haven't had any experience with flaking. I was able to use many coats without it clumping up and looking bad. The brush is truly the winner here. It lifts and separates the lashes without compromise and I haven't had a mascara that could do that yet. Loreal's Telescopic mascara comes very close but the Benefit one is amazing!






I absolutely love this look for work! I think the purple eyeshadow compliments my really dark brown eyes and the mascara makes my eyes pop with clarity, and wakefulness. It lifts the lashes so much that mascara by itself makes a difference already!


Have you tried Benefit's They're Real Mascara? Do you like it!? :)


23 comments:

lyn said...

Wow, this mascara looks really good on you and there is definitely a difference! Is it easy to remove? I have a mini Bad Gal one and found it to be so-so.

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Gorgeous! The mascara is great on you as is the purple eyeshadows! Just lovely!

Larie said...

It's gorgeous on you! This one didn't do anything for me and it was impossible to remove, lol!

Cassandrapamela said...

benefit they're real is my HG mascara. I have gone through countless tubes of they're real! haha too bad it's not cheap but it's def worth it!! love your EOTD here :-D

Wanischa said...

I have a love and hate relationship with this mascara. I do love it most of the time though because I love how black it is.

Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick Giveaway

Vintage said...

I love the look & this mascara looks amazing on your lashes!

Buggiebean said...

I love how this mascara really opens up your eyes! I haven't had the same luck with it when it comes to the curl hold, but I still enjoy it because of all the other factors you listed. Great eye look too! =)

Sharlynn said...

Oh wow!! It really looks good and sounds great! I'm so surprised by the color of that palette! I haven't bought eyeshadows from l'oreal for a long time but that plum shade is sooo pretty on you! The mascara pushes up the volume and makes your lashes so fluttery! I've had that mascara on my to buy list for a year now, this year will be the year I dip into my high end make up list!

TulipLove said...

Ooh, your lashes look longer and lusher here! I have They're Real, however it makes my curl droop, so I need to use it over a waterproofing mascara base.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks :) I think a waterproof base would make such a huge difference right?

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Sharlynn! You are so sweet =) I hope you're able to get the mascara to try!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks so much!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

This morning as I was applying it, I pricked myself with the wand in my eyeball! =p Not a good feeling!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

That's awesome! It's getting close to being my HG!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Larie! So funny that it was impossible to remove ;P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Tracy!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

It's really easy to remove. I prefer washable mascaras like this so I don't have to think too much about removing it!

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

hmm you seem to get a much better effect than i do with this, which is great. for me, my lashes turn out really natural no matter how much i slather on and the curl doesn't last the day.

Michelle T said...

I've heard so many good things about this mascara I am curious to try it out, but since I'm happy with my current one this one will have to wait! x

laura said...

This is such a great look, Jen! That quad really IS something! And your lashes look really long!

Memoiselle said...

Hi Jen,
I have this mascara too and I think it works wonderfully! It lengthen my lashes and it doesn't clump my lashes, I like this product a lot <3

Rae said...

It looks so good on you. I want to try this, but whenever I do the math, I just can't imagine having to want something so bad, and have to buy it every 3 months. Why does it have to be expensive :(