Sunday, January 5, 2014

New Year! Mini Vacay, and Gifts from Taiwan

Happy New Year!!! I hope you all had a safe and FUN one!
I went to visit my family in LA and had a great time! It was one of the most relaxing vacations I've ever took for the holidays! Why? Because we went all went on a cruise. So for me it was like a vacation within a vacation! LOL. Score!



en route to Mexico!

We were on the Carnival Inspiration Cruise from Long Beach, CA to Ensenada, Mexico.



Me, my mother and brother! We were really tired after checking in but we managed to snap a few photos.


they were hungry seagulls waiting around to take people's food when they're not looking!


The inside. There were 14 floors on the ship! All elevators, of course. It was literally a floating hotel.

Duty-free store on board! I saw many LE palettes from Lancome, Estee Lauder and Clinique.

In Ensenada! This was a public flea market where they sold leather items, sterling silver and random stuff. 

Gorgeous view of the coast. Ensenada is just below San Diego, past Tijuana on the Pacific Coast.


This is La Bufadora - the blowhole geyser that blows air every 1 minute. Really cool and very much a sight to see.



Kayakers!




Delicious ceviche! So fresh :)

My mother and I enjoying a delicious pina colada while browsing the flea market!

View of our ship from downtown Ensenada





Local town

the hardworking people who open shops for tourists


there's a lot of this everywhere when you're not in the touristy areas

homes


touristy part of Ensenada

Saying goodbye to Mexico!

goodbye


"formal" dining on the cruise. It was such a fun experience. Everyone got all dressy but it wasn't enforced or anything so there were people who went casual but for those who wanted to get in on the theme actually wore long dresses and evening wear. It was a sight to see. We were definitely under dressed for sure!




Btw, I did my mom's eye makeup! haha

Beautiful!


They made heart shaped towels for us every night during dinner! They came into our rooms to clean and would leave this behind with chocolates everyday! SO sweet!


I love this photo of my mom! It's so sweet :)

My cute brother! haha

ME! I felt like a little kid here!


Overall, I had an incredible time. My experience on the cruise was amazing! I felt so relaxed and taken care of while there and everyone was so nice and the accommodations were great. The staff went above and BEYOND their call of duty to make sure you're having a nice time. It was such an experience that I would love to go back again and again!!!!



Before i went on vacation, i also got some new bedroom furniture! 


In LA, my family and I went to the Griffith Observatory. Beautiful sights, seriously. The stars were bright, skyline was beautiful. I miss SoCal!

It also happened to be extremely hot!!!!



My simple daily makeup while in sunny SoCal. Anything more would just melt off!

Sorry for the horrible pic. No makeup except for mascara. My mom bought me PJ's! LOL They're kinda old fashion-y, but I love them. They were thick as blankets. Perfect for the weather back in NorCal!

Selfie... o_o


I also got some gifts from Taiwan from my friend. So very spoiled, I tell ya!

Beauty stuff - shampoos, hair treatments, hand creams, skin care, tons of mascara!!!! 
I can't wait to review them ALL for you gals!

Cute socks, iPhone covers, fuzzy pants and a scarf!

Snacks!!!!!


I spent my New Year's Eve at the Basement Tavern/Victorian in Santa Monica. 
We toasted the New Year with champagne, lots of laughs and great music!

That concludes my little holiday adventures. I had an incredible 2013... and I am looking forward to 2014 with so much joy and optimism! 

2013 brought me great challenges, success, and most of all...lot of laughter! Blogging and chatting with you lovely beauty bloggers has given me such a positive influence on life as well as confidence to be who I am.


horseback riding for the first time! eek! loved it.


2013 was the year of full wine glasses and cheerful chatter, dinners with colleagues who became some of my closest friends, healthy loved ones, family gatherings, delicious coffees and lattes.  







Me and Bacon ;)


Goodnight, loves! and HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! 

Talk to you all soon!!!

11 comments:

Sharlynn said...

Looks like you had an awesome holiday~! I really want to have a cruise ship holiday in the next 10 years! I had no idea that there was duty free there on board! I totally will be raiding the make up and skin care section!! That view of the city at night with only the lights on also looks so surreal! Great photos and amazing snacks and haul!

Jacqueline Ma said...

Oh Jen, I'm so happy you and your family had such an awesome time, I love looking at your vacation photos. I want to give Bacon a big hug too, what a cutie!

laura said...

AAA! SO jelly of all your treats! I love it when my parents go to the Philippines because they send me back tons of food and cute stuff! I'm so happy you got to take a break with your fam and go on a cruise! How awesome is that? And sounds like you had a wonderful, relaxing time too! What better way to start the new year?

Wanischa said...

Looks like a great trip. You look gorgeous and all your goodies look amazing! Can't wait for the reviews.

Kah-Feh Yen | YSL Rouge Volupté Lipstick giveaway

Mandy T said...

Happy New year!
looks like you have a great trip. I've never been on a cruise ship before and it looks nice. I will need to try one day.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you, Cynthia! Have fun on your cruise! Happy New Year!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I hope you'll get to go soon! :) Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks, dear! =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You get stuff shipped to you from ALASKA! how cool is that!?! :) Thanks Laura! I hope you are having a fantastic week!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! :) Bacon is so sweet!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Sharlynn! I hope you go on one before that! haha :)