Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Review: Rainshadow Labs LBBC Organic Smoothie Creme

'ello all!

Sorry about my abrupt hiatus. I am back now and i hope you're all well. I can't believe this year is nearing its end. Where has all the time gone?! The holidays are coming up, which means a lot of socially awkward conversations and small talk and utter uncomfortableness, although, it can be fun after a drink or four. Right? For me, awkwardness is not actually in the workplace but my extended family - relatives and the like. It's always this time of the year when Chinese people get together and feast on anything fatty and the older folk will ask about nosy things like marriage, boyfriends, children, comparing jobs with their children who are the same age as me... GAH. Note to self: get wasted.

Anyway, on a sweeter note, I've been trying out a new hand creme. The lovely people at Rainshadow Labs sent me one of their lotions called the Organic Smoothie Creme to use and so far I am very much loving it! The ingredients are so great - lots of natural oils from fruits and nuts and various kinds of organic herbs.


This 2oz sample packs a lot of nutrients. I'm actually very impressed with the smooth texture and how fast this cream absorbs into the skin. Since I am in the office and always typing or doing something involving my hands, it is really great when a lotion is fast drying and nourishing and actually feels nice without the slick oily substance.


You can sort of see the texture here - it's not thick or heavy in any way. It's very lightly scented and smells really clean. I actually really like the scent - it reminds me of something that H20 would have - just a very clean and minimal scent.


My hands feel really soft and smooth - sort of like when you first wake up in the morning and you're just like a jello all over but your hands are exceptionally soft :) It really mimics all that, and I think it's partially due to the aloe vera.

I really highly recommend this cream if you're in the market for something lightweight and full of good ingredients. I'd highly compare this cream to my H20 seaweed cream, which is my HG hand cream that I cannot live without! 

Ingredients: Organic Herbal Infusion, Organic Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Organic Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower Oil), Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond Oil), Cetearyl Alcohol, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin Seed Oil), Carica Papaya (Papaya Enzyme), Organic Passiflora Incarnata (Passionflower), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat Germ Oil), Persea Gratissima (Avocado Oil), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil (Macadamia Nut Oil), Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower Oil), Aleurites Molaccana Seed (Kukui Nut Oil), Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil), Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, p-Hydroxy Benzoic Acid, Xanthan Gum, Wildcrafted Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea), Citric Acid**updated January 31st, 2012


You can check out the Organic Smoothie Cream here! And the rest of their stock here

I think these make really great gifts for the holidays because the ingredients are high quality, and it's quite inexpensive so you can totally splurge!



Disclaimer: A 2oz sample was sent to me by Rainshadow Labs for consideration.









3 comments:

Cynthia said...

Hey hope you have a wonderful holiday. Family are family and yes speaking of myself I'm not too crazy of family gathering either especially when CNY comes. My hand gets easily chap too during winter and great review btw. =)

Amicia Rai said...

" like when you first wake up in the morning and you're just like a jello all over" - that is the most accurate description of how I feel in the morning! :D

Jacqueline Ma said...

I love lotions and this sounds really nice. I know what you mean, I honestly hate visiting some of my relatives especially this particular aunt who is totally insensitive and nosy at the same time. Sometimes I wish I could say something to shut her up but she is my elder and I have to be respectful.