Thursday, November 7, 2013

Review: Missha M Signature Radiance Foundation and Concealer

Happy Thursday, beautes! I hope you're all having a good week so far. Mine has been unseasonably busy, but I think of all the holiday cheer coming our way and I feel like I should be working 100x harder o_o 

I have yet again another foundation review.  This time I'm reviewing a set - foundation and concealer from Missha - a Korean brand very much known for their range of bb creams. 




First of all, I must say that the packaging is absolutely gorgeous! Both the foundation and concealer jar is made of glass so it's quite heavy and carries that bit of luxury you'd expect from high end cosmetics. The signature gold cap is so pretty and it reflects the image of what I really like from a makeup brand - elegance and sophistication. 


Missha Signature Radiance Foundation in Shade #21



The texture of this foundation is very creamy, but on the drier side. It feels thick-ish, compared to sheer foundations so I'd say this one has medium coverage with room for heavy coverage. 
It has a semi-matte finish that dries quickly. You can already see it drying out around the edges where I massaged it in. 

This foundation is also heavily scented. It has a very floral/musky smell that's pleasant but can be overwhelming. Honestly, it doesn't bother me too much but I'd much rather prefer something lighter like Bourjois. 

My experience with the foundation has been good. I think the coverage is suitable for nights out when you want something heavier. Your skin needs to be at its maximum hydration levels otherwise it might appear too dry or powdery or it might accentuate dry patches on your face. I always moisturize with something underneath just in case my skin dries out throughout the day because of office AC. 

It appears very yellow-ish. It's a heavily pigmented foundation so it's definitely much denser even in color. I found it to have a very strong yellow undertone, sometimes too much because my skin tone is neutral-ish. 


I think the coverage appears kinda heavy-ish. When I look at myself in a mirror, I can tell that I'm wearing foundation. It's not something I always go for because sheer foundations are my favorite but this one covers better and gives a really polished look. Probably best for corporate photos or photoshoots in general, hah. 

Lasting power is very long. It's made to withstand the cold and heat! Holds up for hours. 

And now...the concealer!


Like its foundation counterpart, this concealer is also very heavy duty. I actually really like this a lot. It has a very nice neutral base, and the coverage is fantastic. Perks up even the most tired of faces ;)

For example:


My bare face with just a tad of concealer being applied. Right side has concealer on already. The difference it makes is pretty incredible and i love how you only need so little!



Texture is on the dry side but opaqueness is top dollar here. It's very heavy duty! 

There is also a very strong scent (same as the foundation). You really have to pat this concealer on well, otherwise you'll see very uneven blotches. Since it's so opaque, the best is to start off by using as little as possible and building up. With my more water based concealers, I just put on a ton and blend but you have to beware with this one.



Overall, I would recommend this foundation for long nights out. It has incredible lasting power, both the foundation and concealer. This is not something I'd wear on a daily basis but on occasion, it's very nice. The packaging is lovely and the effectiveness of these two products work together seamlessly. 

Here's the rest of the products i used to complete the look :)



My Jill Stuart blush! :) I won this in a giveaway, I think. Gorgeous shades of coral and pink.



One of my FAVORITE lip products - OCC Lip Tars! The one I used is called "Vintage". 



20 comments:

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

Great review Jen - I've been wanting to try the foundation for a while (I'm a big sucker for foundations). The lip shade really complements your skintone ;)

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Wow Jen! That concealer looks awesome! I'm like you-not a fan of full coverage foundations. I like to see my skin thank you! And that BLUSH!!!!!! Need a full review please! It's gorgeous!

MakeupWithTea said...

That foundation looks so flawless on you! i'm not too sure about how I'd feel about the drying parts about the foundation though. But yeah, you look gorgeous! :)

JC said...

So lovely, even without makeup. I like the Missha M packaging, and I'm curious about trying the concealer. Also, Jill Stuart seems very popular in the blogosphere. Maybe I should try it, considering I'm in Japan.

RxBeautyChic said...

I'm a huge fan of their BB cream, but never tried their foundation! I think I'll add this onto my summer to-try list...my skin is definitely not at 100% hydration in the winter times. As for the Jill Stuart blush...I've been lemming for it too! So gorgeous on you!

Anna said...

Oh, very interesting, judging from it's bottle I would have thought it was a sheer foundation. I don't particularly need or like heavier coverage so I would probably skip the foundation, but that concealer, wow! ^__^

sukipooki said...

I know what you mean about how "calm" things feel but we all know this is just the calm before the storm! aka Christmas! I wasn't a huge fan of Missah products but the concealer looks promising! Your Jill Sutart blush is so pretty too~

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I know...Christmas is just amongst us! I can't say no to Jill Stuart! :P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I tend to think Asian foundations are very sheer, especially considering the humidity! I know, I love the concealer!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you so much! :) I hope you get to try their foundation sometime but it doesn't look liek you need it at all, girly!!!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Sharlynn! :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Yeah, I learned of JS from Japanese bloggers ^_^ You're so lucky to be in Japan!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you, gorgeous! :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Tracy! I will have to review this blush. It seems to be very popular! haha

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks, Steph! I am a sucker for foundations too! hehe

Jacqueline Ma said...

That lip tar looks great on you Jen.

Lena L said...

i really don't think you need concealer since you already have beautiful skin, but it does seem to do a good job evening out the tones.
love the look you created. simple and classy!

Buggiebean said...

beautiful look!!! I definitely love the packaging on the jar and bottle, very chic. The concealer definitely piqued my interest!

Mandy T said...

oh this is new haven't heard of this foundation. Not too keen on the heavy scent though.

Cynthia said...

You look fantastically gorgeous my friend. I really like the red lippie you used. I wish I could be more bold in using more bright and bold lippie. I haven't used foundation for ages since I switched to BB cream. I like foundation that is hydrating instead of drying cause it doesn't well with my dry skin.