Monday, November 25, 2013

November Purchases!

Hi guys! Happy Monday! 

Thanksgiving is just right around the corner and despite my urge to shop, shop and SHOP, I actually managed to not buy anything makeup related... except for OCC Lip Tars which, in my opinion, $20.00 for a set of 4 mini's is quite good. Plus, I wanted Black Dahlia for the LONNNNGEST time! But other than that, nothing else glam related ;)

I mostly bought things for my home. My parents are coming up to visit me this week so I figured i'd better have nicer things around. I ended up buying a coffee table, some new satin bedsheets, little storage bins, baskets... things to make my home tidier and neater looking.

I went thrift shopping and got a bunch of makeup/perfume/jewelry trays. They were all around $1.99 each and I got a few. I haven't put them to use yet but I'll try and see what can come around of it. I've seen gorgeous displays of watches, perfumes, jewelry. Trays really add that minimalistic touch!





source: purseforum



Below is the coffee table I purchased at a vintage store. If you follow me on Instagram, I posted some photos from the store. 

I know it's old fashioned looking but I really liked the drawers! It's so cute, and the table is so spacious. I sometimes work from the coffee table so this instantly doubles for multitasking space. 





And the best part? There is ample storage! I think i am most excited about that more than anything else. I'm thinking to store throws and pillows in there. 


My apartment is FAR from done. I'm actually going to go home after work tonight and work on it more. I don't have the best taste in decorating spaces, but I just really want it to look functional. If you have any ideas for how I should place furniture, please let me know! I am open to anything right now!


Here are the little lip tars I bought. It was the $20 set from Sephora. These mini's can probably last a loooong time. I'm really happy with all the colors I got! They're all so beautiful!





16 comments:

Cassandrapamela said...

omg the table is like magic! it is very practical and perfect to save some space..
I've been curious about the OCC Lip tars as they are very famous, too bad they're not available here in Germany and I am concerned on the application as they might be a little messy?

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks! =) I do like the table. And I def need to save as much space as I can. The lip tars are amazing! I was really opposed to it when I first started reading about them but now I feel like im hooked. They are great quality, intense colors...and I love a strong look.

Jacqueline Ma said...

Those OCC Lip tars look really nice, I haven't had the chance to try them though. It must be so satisfying to slowly furnish your apartment with pieces of furniture that you love. The table looks lovely and very functional too.

TracyBeautyReflections said...

That table is so COOL. I could use something like that!
You're gonna have lotsa fun with those lip tars Jen!

Andrea said...

I love the hidden storage! So fun :)

shinyprettythings said...

The table is very nice! Have fun decorating the rest of your place. I think it's fun shopping for home stuff. Check out HomeGoods, lots of good deals for decor XD

Larie said...

That table is cool! I love the extra storage! I feel you on decorating the home...sometimes there just isn't enough SPACE.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I know! Space is always the issue. I've been on so many blogs where they show creative ways to make space but I can't really do heavy construction to build in a indoor storage (as much as I'd love to...) haha :p

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I do! Most of my things are def from Home Goods!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Kat! It was in excellent condition and for a real bargain :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks, Andrea! It's exciting to see it everyday (still) haha :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I imagine I will. Lip tars are my new obsession!!! =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you! =) I am having fun but mostly it's pressure to look decent when my parents come :D

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

what an interesting table! i dont think i've ever seen one that had a sliding top like that and not in that finish either.

i really want to pick up that miniset of liptars but i already have a full size NSFW so i thought i shouldn't.

Jenn
A Beautiful Zen

Amyboo said...

The tray is soo classy! :) There are so many awesome little quirky things in thrift stores. How did you manage bringing the table home?!

Julie said...

That coffee table is to die for! xx


Julie
www.rainingcake.com