Friday, November 29, 2013

Black Friday Splurge on the Pour La Victoire Jules Satchel

Hi ladies! I hadn't planned to go Black Friday shopping this year because every year when I actually go, I don't really find anything. And what better than to sleep in after a massive feast?! :)
However, late in the evening my mom wanted to go out and walk off our dinner so we stopped by a TJ Maxx in Pasadena and I found a gorgeous bag that I couldn't leave behind!



I have been looking for a rectangle-ish bag for the longest time! This one was neither too small nor too big, and the rich leather is gorgeous.


I love the structured look of this bag. It's really clean, and sophisticated looking. The hardware is distinctly feminine but not overbearingly so. Subtle. 



Both sides of the bag has a magnetic flap that covers the zippers. I thought that bit was too awesome! I love the flap and i love how it conceals the zipper...gives an illusion of added security? ;)


The inside: there is a zipper in the center, a dust bag for the satchel, and an interior zip. Holds a small wallet, phone, keys and other essentials. I never carry too much with me so this holds perfectly as a casual bag for work and play. 


The bag also has metal "legs" that it sits on! So it can sit pretty as well!


The best part? It was only $149.99! With taxes, it came out to $160-ish. It's not too bad considering this bag was a lot more and the structure and leather is so well made. I actually think this bag is so versatile, and with care it will last really long.

What I love most about it is the fact that it looks really casual and undeniably feminine in a well structured and very "user friendly" type of build.


I've never heard of this designer/brand before. Have you?


In another post, I will show you guys the rest of my goodies. I got some other knick-knacks that I haven't photographed yet. I was just totally ecstatic with this bag!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I was stuffed to the brim with turkey, sushi, cake and wine. 


Did YOU score any goodies today?! :)




16 comments:

sleepandwater said...

Looks like you got that bag for a relative bargain considering the normal price! It's very classic and seems really functional as well :) I wish we had Black Friday sales here - shopping heaven! :p

Cassandrapamela said...

beautiful bag, it looks so versatile! and you got it for a deal, more than 50% :-O
ooooh and the food!!

Sharlynn said...

Happy thanksgiving! I had an early thanksgiving dinner with my boyfriends family last sunday and he made the familys turkey recipe with very traditional sides! I LOVE your meal though! I want sushi so badly right now!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Oh Jen, this is such a cute purse! The compartments are really smart and practical! We don't really have that many Black Friday deals to take advantage of here, but I still managed to score a Karen Millen coat (I'd been eyeing that one! Thought I'd have to wait till the big January sale, but since it was 20% off I thought I'd snatch it up already. I have a "popular" size that is always the first to be OOS) and some Omorovicza! Now I'll get to stay warm this winter AND have pretty skin. A girl doesn't ask for more :)

Larie said...

Yummy yummy food! And I love the purse! I like the structure of it, and it seems like it'll be really useful. Such a steal! :D

TracyBeautyReflections said...

What a great deal Jen! Love it! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving with your family! The food looks incredible!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

At first i thought it was pricey but i figured it can be worse ;)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Sunny! Smart would be a better word :D Oh, your coat just sounds LOVELY. So happy you got it! Now you can cross that off your list ;) You got yourself some good genes in your skin so the Omorovicza is just a nice little bonus ;)


Stay warm!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

:) Thanks! It's classic in my eyes. I hope it'll stay that way :p

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks! The food...mst important =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you darling! Sushi is usually unconventional for T-day but it was GOOD!

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

what an awesome bag and a great price!!!!
also
all the food!!! haha sushi at thanksgiving. sounds much like my asian style thanksgiving where we also have chinese takeout lol

Cynthia said...

Lovely purse you got there. I recently got a purse too. I love shopping for a purse as well. Now I need to find a perfect wallet that goes with my new purse. Scrumptious food you have there going on and may you have a wonderful holidays.

Amyboo said...

That bag looks sooo pretty! The discount is definitely really good, but I still wouldn't be able to afford it lol..(>_> student life)


You had sushi at your Thanksgiving????? Aggghhh I wish I was at yours!

Scatterbraintures said...

Love the slim strap. It looks so elegant

Dianna Nguyen said...

This bag is so elegant I love it!!Especially the straps(:
I've been trying to look for a nice bag for a long time but
still no luck): Hopefully I'll find one soon at a good price
as well!!Also, the food looks delicious!!