Monday, October 14, 2013

Bold

According to the blog, this is my 300th post! Yikes. This blog has gotten so much love from so many people in the past few years and I'm amazed I kept this up for so long!

So, in spirit of my 300th post, it only makes sense to go back to my first and only true love, LIPSTICK. Over the years, I have acquired quite a few (hundred. I'm shameless.) and I love them all. Every hue belongs to its own artistic family and there is nothing better than to play around with creating shades I don't own with the lip colors I have.


I depotted/melted these awhile ago and kept them in little containers. I use a lip brush to apply.
Revlon's Love that Red, and Revlon's Black Cherry


Love that Red is a coral-red and doesn't look particularly flattering on me by itself. Black Cherry is a gorgeous plum that's a bit too dark on me my itself. The combination of them together is a nice balance of both worlds. It's still bright, but with a bit of plum. 




I love the texture of Revlon's Super Lustrous lipsticks. They are moisturizing and highly pigmented. 






I dusted my cheek with Plum Attraction from Chanel. 




That's the completed "bold lippie" look using Revlon's Love That Red and Black Cherry.


What do you gals think? Do you mix lip colors for intensity, for different shades or just for fun?















25 comments:

Jacqueline Ma said...

I used to mix them around for fun but not any more though. No time. Nowadays it is just slap it on and out of the door. I love the colour on your lips. Very nice. Not too red not too plummy.

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

Hey Jen! A big congratulations on the 300th post - it's such a huge milestone :) You look lovely with all these bold lips shades - the red is immensely flattering on you - amazing!

To think that you accumulated hundreds of lipsticks - wow! I wish I could be that dedicated :P

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Really pretty! I love the combo! I do that a lot if something doesn't look right on me. I find I look better in warmer lip colours, so if something is too cool I add something warmer to it.

Sharlynn said...

I definitely think you've done a bold look! I still don't have it in me to put on a bright red or pink even though I very much like those shades! Your lippie just looks great against your flawless complexion my dear! And happy 300th! I missed celebrating my 300th so I'm aiming to celebrate 350!

Cassandrapamela said...

yay congratulations on your 300th post!! ^^
I've never depotted /melted any lip product because I don't really like applying lip product with my fingers, it's like my annoying peeve T.T
the black cherry combination is a great color! it's a statement shade but yet very wearable, perfect for fall :-D

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Congrats on the 300 posts, girl! Many more to come! I LOVE how you mixed these two and the blush you picked. It's SO nice! I never really mix lip colors (because I'm lazy), but I should try! It looks like fun!

Shari said...

You look absolutely gorgeous on this entry, Jen! Congrats on the 300th entry - wow!! Don't ever stop, k? Keep on bloggin' :) I enjoy your entries even if I dont comment often. I have you in my iphone app blog reads :)

Victoria said...

Congratulations on your 300th post! You look great as usual. I have not mixed lipsticks in a long while and I should try it one day. I have been using Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Mauvy Night for years but recently found a dupe in Shiseido which was more moisturising than the Revlon one :-)

laura said...

hurray for making it to 300! :) I LOVE the blush and the lip color is bright, bold, and so perfect! You look awesome!

rose said...

congrats on your 300th post!

those are some lovely fall colors!

nice post :)

xoxo Rose

Bogibo

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Rose!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks Laura! :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Oh that sounds like a lovely lipstick! Thanks Victoria!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Shari :) You are so sweet!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Amy!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Sunny! More to come for sure :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Cassie!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks so much, and congrats to you as well!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Tracy =D I much prefer warm colors over cool ones as well ;)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Steph! It's def a milestone for me because I never keep up anything this long :P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks dear!

Cynthia Loh said...

Congrats Jen on ur 300th!! I love the bold lip color on you! Not sure why, bold lips doesn't suit me much.


www.slowbro-gal.com

Anna said...

Congrats on the 300th post! I quite like the combo of Love that Red and Black Cherry together! It looks really nice on you! ^__^ Love the entire look!

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

i love the idea of mixing lipsticks and having them melted down is a great idea too! congrats on 300 posts!

trishiekoh said...

Looking great Jen! Love that lip colour on you.