Sunday, September 29, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Plums of the Moment

The summer heat is winding down, the sun's setting earlier... the transition of temperature is in full effect!

Aaaaand plums. My favorite fall color. The deep, gorgeous burgundies, oxblood reds, saturated film-noir shades - all reminiscent of autumn at its best. 

And the absolute best thing about it is that they're available everywhere. You can pick up all kinds of textures and finishes, mattes, and creams alike, anywhere. 

Here are my picks:


Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop, Revlon Gloss in Bordeaux, Loreal Caresse in Endless Red, NYX Lip Creme in Addis Ababa




The Revlon lip butters are a revolution in lipstick/lip balm hybrids. I know a lot of people have a love or hate relationship with these and I feel the same way about the range but I give them serious kudos for the darker colors. The lighter/sheer colors are a bit too sparkly but the pigmented ones such as this great.

Lollipop is a bright blue-based pink fuchsia  lipstick with flecks of purple shimmer. I feel it's the perfect medium tone shade for girls who look great in cooler colors. It's absolutely gorgeous!




Bordeaux is one of my favorite dark red lipsticks. Not only is it a pretty shade that's equally as bold as it is wearable, this gloss is actually really great. The gloss is very creamy and the finish is perfection. I love the texture and feel of it on my lips. Long lasting as well because it stains beautifully.




I have the entire collection of the matte lip creams. LOL It's a little insane but I don't feel bad at all. I actually use the lip creams daily! This one in particular is seasonal and flattering. There is a bit of purple in it... I'd say it's bright but with a blue undertone. Really wearable and pretty.



This range from Loreal is amazing. I honestly, HONESTLY, just love them. The red is not too bright. It's more of a cherry than a plum but I find it darker than a lot of what I have in my collection. The formula is extremely long lasting once it stains and is incredibly gorgeous anytime of the day. I find it particularly more interesting with a pink lipstick underneath and this on top, or vice versa as some gals do it that way :)

Oh, I especially love the applicator. It's really nice and precise. The sponge part is wide and it really fills in the lips well. The packaging is really pretty. I love how luxe it looks :)







My custom made sterling silver bangle my mom gave me. It's adjustable and reminds me of what babies wear LOL












14 comments:

Liz said...

Pretty selection!! Bordeaux & Endless Red look so nice. I think I need to have some NYX soft matte lip creams in my life.


Liz
www.lizchewy.com

Cassandrapamela said...

plum is my fave fall color! my current fave is a lip butter from astor, a local drugstore brand here in germany.. :-D
Revlon Bordeaux looks right up my alley :-) and the bracelet is beautiful <3

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Great picks, Jen! I usually shy away from plums because I feel that they could be too cool for my skin tone, but they do look great on you! The bangle is adorable!

Sharlynn said...

I love Bordeaux and Endless red! I really love the pinkier ones too but I'm afraid they wouldn't work for me but I'm sure they look great on you!

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Love them all! I still need to try one of those L'Oreal Stains. I just haven't gotten around to it haha! Love the bangle! I love silver!

Amyboo said...

Bordeaux looks absolutely goorgeous in color.
I STILL haven't tried any of the NYX lip creams! I remember seeing it on blogs everywhere before. I gotta get my hands on it...

Sandy Chau said...

oh i love these pinks, they look gorgeous. I've been trying to do that korean ombre lip look, but still haven't mastered it yet :(

mizzsandychau.blogspot.com

Vanity is an Addiction said...

The colors are amazing..I love Lollipop and Bordeaux, am itching to add both into my collection!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Aww thanks, but I think photos are more forgiving!

Scatterbraintures said...

Addis Ababa <3 I always forget to grab that one.

Yoannita L said...

im loving all these plums! especially the lollipop from Revlon!

lisa said...

OHHH I need LOLLIPOP and ADDIS ABBAB omgosh i LIVE for blue based lip colors!!


www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

i love the nyx matte lip creams! they are /so/ amazing.

Lam Lam said...

i have been looking for Fall Plums that are wearable :D

sweetbubbliciouslove.blogspot.com/