Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mini Review on Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss

A few of my blogger friends recently ordered from All Cosmetics Wholesale and purchased a ton of goodies. It's a site catered to discontinued (and heavily heavily discounted) cosmetic products. I made a small order recently and am happy to say that it's legitimate :D I kind of stayed away from it because I thought the prices are too good to be true but it's actually well received and reviewed. YAY for that!

Anyway, a few years ago I used to own a bunch of Korres lip glosses but the one I really liked and used up was a discontinued color but I actually found it on ACW for... $2.99 (here) :)


Korres Cherry Oil Lip Gloss in Plum (27)

This is one of the most gorgeous lip glosses I've ever owned. It's a gorgeous cream texture in a very opaque shade. The current range of the cherry oil lip glosses are still on the market, but with slightly different shades. Plum was replaced by Mauve Plum which is very similar in color but this one is slightly darker and leans toward a red tone.

I love the way this gloss feels. It's a bit more heavier but I suppose cream glosses have that effect. It's also very moisturizing and feels very nourishing on the lips. The cherry oil ingredient that it contains feels extra cushy and luxe. I truly think the oil's component makes a world of a difference in lip products. I also enjoy the slight cherry scent. It's beautiful! Smells amazing. I love when lip glosses smell great :)


You can see the bit of shimmer in it. It's very subtle and has a gorgeous brightening effect. I feel like it makes my smile brighter. 

I am a big lip gloss lover and the Korres range is one of the absolute best that I've tried. Since this color is slightly darker, it fades to a very pretty red stain. Lasting power is quite good because of the staining effect but I'd say it stays glossy for a good 2-3 hours if you don't eat or drink. Very standard for most non-drying lip glosses.


I apologize for the poor picture. It was taken on my phone in less than stellar lighting :P

I'll post more on my ACW haul in another post... =) 
Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far! 








7 comments:

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Yay for finding things you loved and thought were gone! I've ordered from them before. MAC Sweet Sienna Pigment is my absolute FAVE one and they used to sell tiny pots of it! Love this colour on you!

Frances said...

SO PRETTY!!! I love deep berry lips for fall/winter!! :) Korres does make some really good lip products, too bad it's discontinued :(

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Wow why did they discontinue this one? It's such a lovely shade! I need to check that site out now (bad move)!

jenn @Abeautifulzen said...

pretty!! how could they discount this? thanks for the mention of the site. didn't know it existed!

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

$2.99 is such an amazing deal - I've heard tons about ACW, and I guess it must be a pretty legit place to order from :) The shade looks amazing on you :)

Afroditi Kat said...

Beautiful color!!Your blog is lovely!!!! Would you like to follow each other on bloglovin' ? xxx

Gleaming Spire // Bloglovin'

Natalie said...

This gloss looks beautiful!