Sunday, July 7, 2013

What's In My Makeup Bag!

I travelled home yet again for the long Independence Day weekend! Four days of doing absolutely nothing and everything at the same time. The flight home on Wednesday night was my first breather into normality once again and I maybe had a bit too much pleasure picking and choosing what to pack in my makeup bag ;) After all, when thoughts are deluded to such things, I often question myself wondering when I've come to this, where getting excited to choose my travel necessities of choice makes me giddy with joy.

But then again, I tell myself that there are worse things to like. Like drugs or gambling. Of that sort.


I brought home with me my makeup bag of choice which was something I purchased last year during the Sephora F&F sale. I absolutely love this bag... it's beautiful!

Pretty much everything I brought along with me. The liquids in the middle were stored in a ziplock bag to comply with TSA regulations but everything else was in there. Unfortunately this bag doesn't fit a lot of stuff due to the large mirror in the middle.

Dior blush in Passionfruit and Dior quint in Earth Reflections

Current fave of the moment! Becca Luminous Skin Color and Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector.

Shimmering Skin Perfector on the left, foundation on the right


A gorgeous foundation glow! Absolutely dewy, and healthy looking.

The lip products - the first 3 jars are decanted lipsticks I made using bead jars. 
Revlon's Black Cherry, Love the Red and Fuchsia Fusion
My favorite Burt's Bees pomegranate lip balm and my favorite MLBB shade, Dior lipstick in Ultra Nude.


One of my favorite to-go concealers, Maybelline's Mineral Powder concealer.
Biore UV SPF 50 sunscreen for that crazy SoCal sun!

Clinique spot healing gel for pimples, and Tarte's Lights, Camera Lashes mascara. 

Some of my essential brushes 

Ojon Damage Reverse Hair Serum - LOVE this stuff!

My favorite Coco Chanel perfume!

I also went to Sally's Beauty yesterday and picked up these China Glaze nail colors for an insane price. These were all around $1+ each!!!! I'm tempted to go back and pick up more colors. AHH!


Essie Pink a Boo as my base - I brought this with me from my apartment


Topped off with China Glaze's Tattered and Scattered 

Reminds me of a delicious birthday cake and confetti! hah.



That's pretty much it in my travel bag. I'm flying back tonight to get ready for the work week ahead. It has been a fun Independence Day and I'm joyed that I was able to spend it hanging out with family. It's funny how the older we get, the more we want to spend time with them. I remembered wanting to be as far away as possible for college and rebelling in ways that only teenagers are capable of. But now I sort of appreciate my parents and brother and our relationships have only bonded in the 5 years I've been in the Bay Area. Still close enough to fly home but enough distance to keep my sanity, o_o

Hope you all had a fantastic weekend! 












17 comments:

Replica said...

Great picks, I really liked earth reflection, actually hit pan on most shades :)

TracyBeautyReflections said...

Sounds like you had a great visit! And wow what a deal on the polishes!

Ice Pandora said...

Thanks for showing us your makeup bag c:
It's very interesting! I also love your nailart!
Xx http://icepandora.blogspot.com

steph lau said...

I looove your makeup bag! I'm just wondering how you fit all that stuff in it!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Oh yay, you're a fellow Coco Mademoiselle fan! I've been wearing it very often, though I can't possibly travel with my bottle since it's 200ml/6.7 oz! Can't believe you got those nail polishes for a dollar each, either! What's the one on the far right? Such a pretty shade!

Cassandrapamela said...

you have a very nice make up bag! it is so tidy and you didn't carry too much make up ^^

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

I love reading "what's in my travel makeup bag" posts :) I realize I've never really done one, but I really like how you managed to fit everything into the Tarte bag :)

Wanischa said...

Your makeup bag is so pretty!
Love the look of your dior blusher.

Kah-Feh Yen

I'm currently running a MAC lipsctick giveaway.

Jacqueline Ma said...

What a pretty makeup bag Jen and you have some gems in your bag.

Aya said...

That is one cute makeup bag! And the Maybelline concealer is my go-to concealer as well! I love it :D

Kim A. said...

Hope you had a great trip! Your travel bag holds a lot. It's so pretty too! I love Ojon hair care products. They work really good. Love your new nail polish! It's pretty. Have a great week Jen.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Mandy T said...

love the colour of your makeup bag.

For someone like me who's an actual makeup artist... I don't have a makeup bag. At most I just throw my powder and lipstick into my handbag every morning....

I think I only carry a makeup bag when I go on vacations :)

Temporary:Secretary said...

Oh, look at all those pretty make up! I love Burts bees lip balm too, they're the best! x

Joy said...

Your makeup bag is so pretty! I love that Maybelline Concealer, I can't seem to get it over here anymore as I think they discontinued it. Hope you had a great trip! x

Maggie said...

Tattered and Scattered is so pretty! What a steal too. You have such a good selection of travel makeup! Got everything covered.

Lisa Wong said...

I always enjoy getting a glimpse of what's in other people's makeup bags. Love the China Glaze topcoat!

RxBeautyChic said...

Hehe, I love posts like these! $1 each?! Whaaaarrrt! That's awesome!