Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mini Apothica Haul


Hi lovelies! 

Hope your weekend is going well! California is experiencing an excessive heat wave right now. It's insanely hot. I stayed cool by hanging out at the movies, haha o_o 

I recently got some stuff from Apothica. I ordered the Becca Luminous Skin Colour and a leave-in hair creme from Fekkai. Since purchasing the Becca foundation, I've been obsessed with it! It's such a lovely formula, utterly perfect for people with dry skin like myself. 


I ordered it in the shade Cashmere. It seemed like the neutral-er color of all their shades but upon application, it leaned more toward yellow. Still nice and matched my skin well. I may exchange it for a different shade but I think Cashmere is actually quite beautiful. Matches a NC-20 very well.


Better comparison of shade against my hand. It's a tiny bit more yellow if you can see it here. Either way, it's still a match for me :) YAY!

The formula is really the winner here. While there is little coverage, it acts more like a sheer tinted moisturizer than a foundation. But the formulation is mostly water based so it leaves my skin feeling very hydrated and dewy. I seriously love it!!! :)

Full review to come later! 








12 comments:

steph lau said...

the word cashmere on a product just sounds divine... can't wait for the full review!

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Can't wait to hear how the foundation works for you! I haven't tried any Becca foundations yet, but my experience with the brand is very positive in general so I'm actually pretty tempted!

Hollie Damz said...

that looks promising. Been wanting to try the Becca shimmering skin perfector but it's not available locally. I'd have to scout in on online stores.

Elle said...

nicee...that's a very good color match! What's the coverage like? And do you apply with a sponge or your fingers?

...ok ok I'll wait for your review ^^

Cynthia said...

I'm so tempted to try Becca stuff. I notice that this brand is available at Sephora now. Hopefully I'll get to try some of this brand. I've been skipping using foundation awhile ago and currently using my Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer or the BB cream. Have a great summer!

Kim A. said...

i love apothica! they have such a great selection and great sales. you bought some really nice stuff.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Liz said...

I have heard lots of great things about Becca's products but I have not tried anything from them. I look forward to seeing your review.


Liz
www.lizchewy.com

Yoannita L said...

i like "yellow" toned foundation as being asians.. cant wait to see the detailed review. hope you have wonderful summer :)

Jacqueline Ma said...

I have always been very curious about Becca oundations, I just haven't had the chance to try them. Great haul Jen.

Jenni @ lifeandlensofbeauty said...

Oh Becca LSC!! I been wanting to try that but my skin was too bad and LSC coverage is so low that I felt insecure :( but they have a great range of shades to choose from - they're brilliant!!

Stephanie @ Fantasia Beauty said...

I cannot wait to read your review and thoughts about the illuminator :) I've heard so many good things about it, and really wanting one (though I probably shouldn't!) Hope your summer is going fantastic!

Girlie Blogger said...

Seattle is experiencing a heat wave too. The sheer formula really does look nice. Almost flawless.