Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review: Becca Luminous Skin Foundation



I expect a lot from foundations. It's a given, especially since it's basically our "second" skin. I would like it to be breathable, flattering and looking as natural as can be. In the past, I've had great luck with finding foundations with superb formulas.

I've wanted to try the Becca cosmetics line for so long! After having purchased their shimmering skin perfector, which is heavenly, I opted to get one of their foundations. I feel like it's quite unique from all the foundations I own thus far.



Becca is a brand that hails from Australia. The philosophy of this brand is to create flawless, natural looking skin without a million products. It's for the everyday person. I think they really live up to that goal because so many people love their Shimmering Skin Perfector. It's a holy grail item for so many MUA's.

Packaging wise, the plastic bottle is nice and it works uniformly with the rest of their makeup. The cap can get a bit sticky, like the Nars packaging which I'm not too fond of. I don't like sticky things! LOL
The pump dispenser is normal - nothing out of the ordinary there. Basically, packaging is very plain, subtle.



The formula is what makes this foundation so superior! It's a godsend for people with dry skin. I've noticed that as I've gotten older and working in AC controlled places, my skin has done a complete 180. It's on the drier side so my moisturizers and foundations need to be more hydrating. This foundation is intensely hydrating - it feels more like skincare than makeup. It's very fluid, very lightweight and gives a dewy/satin finish. I dust a bit of Tarte's Amazonian finishing power and the shine evens out. I'd say it makes my skin look supple and healthy and it feels moist to the touch. Some people might not like that feeling but I think it feels very nice. 

Coverage is sheer. As sheer as sheer can be. As in I'd still need to conceal every imperfection. But I am okay with that because it has such a natural tint that I think looks really gorgeous. I'm very used to foundations that are sheer but can build up. However, this Becca one does not build. It stays very sheer since much of the formula is water based. I'd like to think of it as a tinted moisturizer more than a foundation although I see it as sheerer than a TM. It evens out redness, and pores but that's about it.




The shade Cashmere is the most neutral of them all. On Sephora's website, every shade as a description except for Cashmere. It's neither too yellow or pink. It fits nicely for anyone whose around NC20-25. I'd say adjustable because it's such a sheer foundation.



I also love the fact that it's skincare friendly with SPF 25 in it. That's really a happy bonus. I love foundations that have more SPF than 10! hah.


Early in the morning 



The price is around $44 USD. It's the same price you'd pay for a Nars, MUFE, and Bobbi Brown foundations. The price is a bit of an investment but if you're anything like me (foundation junkie), it's fair. 
Even with the light coverage, I still think this foundation is great. I absolutely love the formula and formula always trumps everything. For me, at least.

Later in the afternoon after a bit of powder



I'd recommend this foundation to gals who have dry skin, preferring a tinted moisturizer over foundations, and someone who likes light/sheer coverage. I can't emphasize enough how much I adore it right now!



Do you like BECCA Cosmetics? Have you tried this foundation? :)


Disclaimer: Foundation purchased by yours truly!







30 comments:

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Hey Jen, thanks for the review! I'm a big fan of Becca, but I haven't tried any of their foundations. I don't think this one is for me, since my skin is more normal to oily. I do want to check out their new mattifying primer and foundation though!

Pang said...

You have gorgeous skin. This might not work for me since I have a lot of freckles and scars to cover. I definitely do invest on foundation too.

TracyBeautyReflections said...

It's amazing on you! You look so radiant and glowy and LOVELY. This is something that would work for me as I love sheer foundations.

Scatterbraintures said...

I like it. I don't prefer looking too covered up. I actually like a bit of my blemishes and post-acne hyperpigmentation showing through :P This is a great find.

Huong said...

I've never heard of this brand before. I might have to give this a go :)

http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Soraya Babolhavaeji said...

looks gorgeous on you!
http://raybeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

xxx

Cassandrapamela said...

I also love foundation!! this one looks flawless on you, but you have flawless and clear skin already to begin with :D
I have heard a lot of good things about Becca Cosmetics, but they are not available here in Germany. I have to look up online.

Frances said...

wow the foundation pretty much looks invisible on the back of your hand/your face!!! I've only tried the satin finish foundation very briefly but I did like it! Reminds me of MAC face and body but less dewy and more coverage. I do want to try the shimmering skin perfector at some point :) when my skin is less combination... one day... LOL

Joyceee said...

I'm not sure if we have Becca cosmetics in the US, but I'm liking what I hear and see. I think the foundation looks reallyyy flawless on you! Love that it also reduces redness like you said. keep in touch, awesome blog ^_^

Joyce @ carouselstreet.com

writingwhimsy said...

I think this is too sheer for me, but given how nice your skin already is it really works on you :)


writingwhimsy.com

June L. said...

Wow, this foundation looks great! It looks really nice on you! C:
Junniku.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

This looks amazing on your skin. This would sound great, but sheer formulas are not very forgiving on me. I still have a lot of acne scars that I would have to conceal :/ Maybe when my skin is better this would be a great option!

Girlie Blogger said...

In the summer time, I do prefer tinted moisturizer than foundation. I think the color looked flawless on your skin, and light too, which is what you said anyway. Never heard of the brand before though. Now I'll look out for it.

Kim A. said...

hey jen! excellent review! i've heard of this brand but hadn't seen a review of it. it sounds really good. i have dry skin and think this would really work for me. thanks girl.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Sharlynn said...

Wow, it really evens out your uneven areas, it looks like such a luxury product!

lisa said...

omgosh this foundation looks STUNNING on you! so flawless!! so going to try this.. my foundation is too heavy for me right now since it's summer!! definitely going to look into this becca brand!! you look amazing!!
www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Buggiebean said...

This would be awesome for the winter. I've seen Becca products in Duane Reade, but now they're at Sephora!



Your skin looks amazing in the photos!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you! I recently saw them at Sephora too.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Aw, thanks Lisa! Hope u get to try it!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

It feels very luxe! ^_^

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Kim! I suffer from dry skin it works extremely well!

Stephanie Lin said...

I love how natural this looks on! I totally have to run over to Sephora and test it out.


xx.
www.fashionandtea.com

laura said...

I've never tried BECCA before, but I love how natural it looks on you, Jen! I agree-- foundation is something I'll splurge on because it's what I put directly on my skin!

Memoiselle said...

Whoa looking at the swatch, it seems this foundation will fits in nicely into what I'm looking for in a foundation. It looks sheer yet provide enough coverage for me :D

Karen Chin said...

This looks like a lovely sheer foundation! I normally don't use sheer foundation but instead use a BB cream. I love the natural finish it gives and it's great that it evens redness :)

http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

Wonderlusting said...

Love Becca - this foundation and pressed powder are always with me.

helen at thelovecatsinc said...

your skin looks amazing!

from helen at thelovecatsinc // bloglovin

ps. check out my new giveaway to win a big goodie bag of drugstore favourites! click here.

Kileen said...

oh i've been curious about Becca! thanks for the foundation review.

cute & little

Jenni @ lifeandlensofbeauty said...

what a lovely glow! I heard becca do amazing base products!

ShoppingObsession said...

Love how it looks on you, gives you the beautiful glow. I have oily combination skin and don't think this one is suitable for me. Too bad :(