Saturday, July 20, 2013

Reviews On Various Skincare Products I've Used

Over the past few months, I've used many products. I don't really have a "set" routine where I use a skincare line from one brand. I tend to try various things all at the same time. I don't know, in my mind. I just feel it reaps in different benefits, haha. I have others that are nearing toward its end but not quite so I'm just going to post about these 5 that I've recently finished using.

Korres Quercetin & Oak Moisturizer, Shiseido Bio Performance (sample), Biore UV Sunscreen, Own Firming Silk Concentrate Serum, Own Renewing Night Cream



Korres Quercetin & Oak Moisturizer, $48.00 (here)
I really like this moisturizer! Like many Korres products, I've always found this brand to be reliable in skincare and makeup. This day cream slowly rejuvenates my tired face in the morning. After cleansing, I use two pumps of this all over my face and neck and I can feel the fatigue fade (if I can say that, hah). It's a very nice day cream and very non greasy. It absorbs very well and I put sunscreen right on top with no problems. I highly recommend! 

Shiseido Bio Performance Corrective Serum, $80.00 (here)
I have a few sample bottles of this and I've been using it every other day or so. I can't really imagine spending that much money on a serum but I guess it's Shiseido afterall! o_o
I like this serum but I don't love it. It's really nice but it feels a bit too dimethicone-y. It's too smooth and sits on top of my skin. The smell is also a little strong for my taste but the smell is very signature to the brand. 


Biore UV SPF 50+ Sunscreen, $10-12 (here)
This is hands down one of the BEST sunscreens I have ever used in my life! I don't say this lightly as I've tried SO many brands from drugstore to high end. This basic drugstore brand from Japan is incredible. It is a milky liquid that applies matte when put on skin. It's a great texture and an even greater formula. It's super light and just SO good overall. I have tried this one and the one in the blue package (for body), and they are both incredible. Both identical to me. The blue one has a bit more product so I recommend that one. I will definitely repurchase this one over and over again. I used to love the Neutrogena liquid sunscreen but ever since I tried this, this has been my staple every single day. And it's great that the price is super affordable!

Own Firming Silk Concentrate, $24.99 (here)
Own Renewing Night Cream, 24.99 (here)

Own is a San Francisco based skincare company that focuses on holistic approaches to skincare. They use ingredients that are proven to work on skin and completely leave out unnecessary chemicals. I received this to test and I was quite excited to see the glass bottle on the serum and the clean look. 

The serum is wonderful. I love the glass dropper bottle. The serum itself is light and the main ingredient is Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, which is a form of fatty oils in coconuts. It really has that "silky" feeling that almost feels cone-y but there is a bit of oily residue that sits on top of the skin before absorption. There's only 4 ingredients in this bottle: 

Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride - form of coconut oil (fats)
Coco-Caprylate - emulsifier, from the fatty oils of coconuts
Conjugated Linoleic Acid - plant based antioxidants from fatty acid
 Tocopherol - Vitamin E

The night cream is nice but i cannot stand the smell! It's just horrible. It has a very bitter smell and it lingers terribly. I couldn't see any benefits using this cream and i was more concerned about the bad smell than anything else. Overall, while this brand is innovative, I think I'll pass on this. 


I have tons more products to share, all in due time ^_^

What skincare have you been finishing up lately? :)
















11 comments:

PositivelyNice said...

The Biore sunscreen breaks me out. I find it too oily as I always develop oil bumps all over my face every time after using, despite me using makeup remover and double cleansing. I couldn't finish it. I even tried two bottles, the blue and the pink.

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I'm so sorry to hear that =( I hope u find something else that works better!

Janet said...

oooh, I am a certified skincare junkie so whenever I saw people blog about new skincare product I am just so eager to try it out too~ I haven't tried anything from korres yet but I think I'll try their moisturizer plus of course the ever famous lip butter ^_~

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

That Korres lotion looks nice! I've been finishing up mostly sample packets/jars recently. Didn't want to travel with too many full-size products!

Kumiko Mae said...

I haven't tried most of the brands you mentioned, but I at least can also speak for shiseido! I love their skincare and would recommend for you the White Lucent range! It is their brightening range and it has the best serum ever :) www.lovingsunshine.com

Miss Makeup Magpie said...

Oh wow the Biore sunscreen sounds amazing, especially considering how cheap it is! I need some of this in my life xx

Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

Kim A. said...

Great reviews Jen! I'll have to try some of these. I've seen them, but never tried them. I did try a product from Shiseido (cleanser) and didn't care for it at all. So I'm not surprised that you didn't like this.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

TracyBeautyReflections said...

That Biore Sunscreen sounds like something I need in my life!

laura said...

I've been looking for a good sunscreen with a higher SPF (I'm a lazy apply-er) and I think I'm gonna try that Biore one. I wish I lived in CA so I could get more Japanese products quicker!

Raimar ღ Guevara ღ said...

The Biore sunscreen looks like a nice product now Iwan try.
xx


www.sakuranko.com

Amyboo said...

I am currently always repurchasing Neutrogena sunblock, but Biore might be a good alternative...I go through sunblocks so so quickly lol...
Own seems like a really cool brand! I've never heard of it before , but the pricing is a lot more reasonable than Shiseido. :) Must try!!!