Wednesday, July 24, 2013

FOTD: Red Lips with NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Monte Carlo


I shopped my stash today and was delighted to use a daring red lipstick. I chose the NXY lip cream because it is an absolutely gorgeous color but one I wouldn't normally wear during the day but I was so tired this morning and needed something other than coffee as a pick me up. What better than a red lip cream? 

NYX Lip Creme in Monte Carlo
Chanel Contraste Blush in Plum Attraction
Starlooks Brow Compact
Maybelline Eyeliner in Coal Commander (see my review here)
Lancome Hypnose Doll Lashes Mascara (see my review here)
Maybelline Dream Matte Powder in Medium





I adore this color! It's actually not as loud as it looks when first applied. It really tones down significantly once it's "dried". I like that it's a pretty raspberry-ish color that's not super bright but gives enough color to warm the face. Also, I never knew i'd like matte colors so much but I do.
 It's summer here and I can't seem to tan so a lot of lip colors just don't seem right on me. I think incorporating some strong colors work for the office always works.

I really like these lip creams. The only thing I don't like about it is that this color does not last very long. In fact, it slides off. I suppose it's too dimethicone-y because it has the slippery feel but nonetheless, I do like the way it feels and I do love this color. NYX has always been a consistent brand and I own a lot of their products. I particularly like their lip colors, from the round lipsticks to these lip cremes. I just wish it was longer lasting.

What lip colors are you sporting recently? Do you enjoy shopping your stash? :)

















45 comments:

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

Oh. Em. Gee!!! I love this look on you!!! Your eyes look so bright, and the lip color is a BOMB!

MakeupWithTea said...

That color suits you so well! You're so pretty!

Kim A. said...

It gives just the right punch of red. Very pretty color. I'm into orange shades at the moment.

http://www.averysweetblog.com/

Scatterbraintures said...

It brightens up your face. That lip color looks great on you.

TracyBeautyReflections said...

LOVE this look on you!! So pretty!! I've never tried the NYX Lip Cremes-too bad they don't last though. You need to get a lipstick in this colour because WOW!!

Rocaille said...

It looks fabulous on you, I need to dig out some of my brighter shades!

Lindsay said...

You look gorgeous! The raspberry tone really suits you :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks, Lindsay!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

You should! Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Tracy. I def need to find a lipstick color in this shade!

Cassandrapamela said...

what a pretty shade! it compliments your complexion, lovely !

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Kim! I love orange/corally shades too =)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks, you are so sweet!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Sunny!

kiyolamb said...

love the shade!

Rae_R said...

I think this color suits you very well and I also like your eye makeup. ^^

Jennifer Huang said...

i think its an amazing colour, although im not a huge fan of 'loud' colours, you pull it off so well :D

Amyboo said...

This color looks so so fabulous on your light skin tone! I've been meaning to buy some of these NYX lippies, but I've been on a long term makeup ban haha...:'D 6 months and strong!

Eugenia said...

I love this look on you and the lips are gorgeous!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you Eugenia!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Wow, 6 months and strong! Congrats!!! That's a lot of restraint!!!!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Jen! :P

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you, gorgeous!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Cass!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thank you =D

laura said...

Oh Jen, you look gorgeous! But really, when don't you? :) I LOVe these lip creams from NYX . I have a few of them, but not in this color! And I don't know why because it's lovely!

Amy said...

This suits you so much, it looks so nice against your hair colour :)

Amy x
-A Little Boat Sailing-

Pang said...

Love the lip color on you. I still haven't tried those lip cream yet. Your skin looks beautiful! I do need to shop my stash more often.

sleepandwater said...

Beautiful look! The lip colour suits you so well and is complemented so well by that pinky-plum Chanel blush. You've applied the blush to perfection - I am jealous of your skills :p

andy said...

pretty lip color :)

http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

PositivelyNice said...

I love NYX Lip Cream. Too bad, I have only picked up a couple because NYX is not available here, and I mostly get it from private importers.

Huong said...

This suits you a lot! :) Pretty colour.

http://lifelivinginlondon.blogspot.co.uk/

Sharlynn said...

Looking so bright and lovely! I've yet to wear any lip products regularly this summer! If I do wear anything on my lips I'd usually go for a raspberry shade!

Atomicnony said...

it's such a pretty color, but i didn't know these lip cremes slide off your lips, seems a little inconvinient.

Ali Mackin said...

That is a nice color and very on trend. Too bad it does not last longer. Looks awesome on you.

Ali of

www.dressingken.com

Mindy Fann said...

This color suits you perfectly! I am not a huge fan of nyx just bc of the inconsistancy of their products . it sucks that this one doesn't last that long, but I really do love the color!

http://www.mybrokeneggshells.com

Karen Chin said...

I love the shade of this lip cream! I really want to try the NYX lip products but I can't easily get them here in Australia :( What a shame that it glides off easily though!


http://reveriebelle.blogspot.com

lisa said...

omgosh i have that EXACT NYX lipcream and i'm obsessed w/ it!! i love it especially for GNO's hahah it's such a bright and fun color :)! looks pretty on you babe!


www.lisalovescoco.blogspot.com

Preppy Lemonade said...

Hey hey.

First time
visiting your lovely space and I'm already "addicted" girl your
layout is amazing!! Keep going with this amazing job!! :)



With love,
Bárbara

www.preppylemonade.com

Elisa said...

loving this color :D it looks so pretty!!!
http://memorable-days.net

respect_the_shoes said...

Great lip color!

RxBeautyChic said...

Oh that lip cream looks lovely on you!

I've been sporting Revlon Lipbutter in Sorbet and Revlon Superlustrous Fire & Ice! Helllllo summer bright lips! ;)

Andrea said...

This colour is so pretty on you Jen! Love it. I've been really into the brighter shades lately for summer - lots of bright pinks and corals!