Saturday, June 22, 2013

Review: Tarte Cheek Stain in Flush

My very first cheek stain was the Stila convertible lip and cheek cream that I purchased from Sephora many years ago. I had a less than mediocre experience with it and haven't bought any cream blush products since, but stains are kind of fun alternative for long lasting and natural looking formulas.

....and I am a convert! I am in love with Tarte's cheek stains! Technically, I've only tried one shade but it's really about how great the formula is. It's exceptional. Everything from the packaging to the texture is perfect.


This cheek stain is in the shade FLUSH - a gorgeous sheer berry color. 


The winning formula is the water-based gel texture, which is I think is equally hydrating as it is long lasting. I absolutely love the hydra feeling you get from the stain. It's very smooth and has a very cool feeling to it. 


The glue stick type packaging is charming, but I'm not sure how the full size one is. I bought this one as part of a value set from Sephora. I love when Sephora has sets like these because you can try so many blushes for a great price. I wouldn't have otherwise bought this if it weren't for that set ;)



Isn't this color so beautiful? 




these are older photos but i used tarte's cheek stain underneath. 

The gel formula is incredible and works very easily to blend. I had no issues with streaking.

This is a cheek stain that I would recommend to anyone. I absolutely will repurchase! I love the fun, playful packaging and the seriously pretty color housed inside. It also has a very distinct tart berry scent, which is great. It's not a synthetic smell - very subtle. Very nice. 

 I love their Amazonian Clay blushes and these cheek stains! They are such winners in the blush department, I can't even emphasize! I would love to expand my collection. I always buy Tarte's holiday sets... they always come out around the time when Sephora has their F&F sale. Their sets are my weakness -_-

What do you think of Tarte's cheek products or the brand in general? :) Would love to know your thoughts!

See you in the comments!


















13 comments:

trishie said...

Looks so pretty on you! I've never tried cheek stain before, have always used the powder blushes.

PS: It's giveaway time on my blog! Hope you join: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/06/angelorian-tradition-giveaway.html

Eugenia said...

Very pretty!! I need to try this!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Thanks Trishie! :) I will check it out!!

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

Oh i love my R&R ones too! haha :)

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

aw thanks! ^_^

Mishi said...

Tarte and Benefit makes such awesome tints and stains! I really like the finish on this because its so natural and the staying power is pretty amazing compared to powdered blushes! U looks o pretty as usual =)

Jenni @ lifeandlensofbeauty said...

I have had tarte cheek stain before but i can't recall liking it :P maybe the odd sheen that it left on my skin? I had better luck with powder blushes. This cheek stain makes you look healthily flushed!

Heather Nixon said...

Looks really pretty! I can't get this brand in England, hopefully it will be available in the UK online at some point :)

www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

Wanischa said...

I have never heard of this before but then again we don't get Tarte products over here. It looks so pretty though. I really want to try it.

Kah-Feh Yen

Pang said...

I love how it looks on you! So natural. The full size is too big for me but I like the little mini one like this. I want it!

Anna said...

I love Tarte's blushes! Their Amazonian Clay blushes are fantastic, but I have yet to try their stains! Great review! Will definitely want to pick up Flush soon just because it looked so great on you!

Linh from blushology.net said...

Wow. It looks so great on you! I seriously want to stop by Sephora just to try this out!


I own most of the Tarte Amazonian Clay blushes and love them to death! I'm not a fan of their eyeshadow palettes, but their blushes are to die for.

Isabelle said...

Oh this one looks very pretty! I should see whether I can find one of these in London or in Sephora when I visit France. I'm a bit afraid of stains since I find that I have to be fast as lightning when using Benefit's tints, but this one looks to be way easier to work with since it's a stick. And I do love cream blushes.. So this seems like the perfect in-between I have to try out!