Friday, January 25, 2013

Mad Hippie Skincare

TGIF! ^______________^ 

I cannot wait to spend my weekend relaxing with a latte or five! 

I've been doing much research about skincare and different products to use and I came across a brand called Mad Hippie. It's so quirky that I had to look at their range of products and what the ingredients consisted of. 

Their company was founded in Maine, and recently expanded to Austin, TX. Their main goal in making skincare products is to use all naturally derived ingredients combined with science to strengthen their potency in serums and creams. Their skincare really stood out because all the ingredients are highlighted, explained and not discreetly hidden like some companies.

My main interest is the Vitamin C serum. I have some pigmentation on my cheeks due to age and sun exposure and probably genetics. It's something I am always working on improving on my skin, especially its texture. I know we've all seen many brands and labels with that specifically but I like that Mad Hippie has a really high concentration of Vitamin C as its 2nd ingredient. After that ingredient, there is hyauraulic acid, which is the binding ingredient that keeps our skin moist and supple. After that, we see other fruit enzymes like grapefruit, cherry and plant extracts like chamomile and sage. 

See here: Vitamin C Serum

I really feel like these indie companies really focus on purer ingredients for consumers, and they don't take account in having to charge us for marketing and different campaigns but never having to compromise on studies and facts. 

What do you guys think? What are your thoughts on indie skincare companies versus big global skincare companies?

You can see more of Mad Hippie here, and some before and after pics here






10 comments:

Sunny @Mostly Sunny said...

TGIF! This Mad Hippie brand sounds so promising! I like the packaging and their philosophy. Would be really happy if they would be available out of North America soon!

lindah said...

I wonder if this is a good product for acne scarring. But Austin is definitely hippie city, tons of quirky shops that fit the scheme of the serum packaging lol

Anna said...

This Mad Hippie line sounds pretty promising!  I have been using a firming serum from a brand called Acure and it is all organic and natural ingredients as well.  I personally like "indie" or organic skin care products as they do not irritate my skin much and they usually feel really nice.  Downside is, some products are twice as expensive as high end or designer skin care products.

Amyboo said...

This product sounds really promising! High Vitamin C is a good thing!
I guess the main problem with indie brands is that there aren't enough reviews on them for me to purchase as a consumer...

memoiselle memoiselle said...

I am always drawn to anything that sounds natural. It's a plus point for me :)

Mindy said...

Sounds pretty cool!! :)

sukipooki said...

This looks great and I'm all for more natural or indie skin care companies. I've been trying to gear my make up and skin care this way for the past few months and it's been hard tearing myself away from certain sections in Sephora but I know it's worth it! I hope this serum works out for you!

Julie Lan said...

interesting, I think it depends on each company? I do like how this serum has hydrolic acid and vitamin c. On the other hand I've been using Shesido's serum and it's working pretty good for me too

Lifeandlensofbeauty said...

the name sounds very funny - Mad Hippie XD! instantly reminds me of Mat Hatter or something. 

My thoughts on indie skincare companies are actually leaning more sceptical, sure there'll be times I dive and try (such as the Kosmea Rose Hip Oil that I blogged about recently), the brand wasn't well known but it had garnered enough attention from tourists and ppl i know! I guess the people factor is a major push and pull for me to try indie skincare brands. 

Rainy Days & Lattes said...

I very much agree w/you too. Big companies can take the criticism if their products don't work b/c they have endless supply of money but smaller companies may be out of business.