Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Some Skincare Reviews

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all having a nice mid-week so far. I've been extremely at work catching up since the holidays! o_o Other than that, things have been good on my end.

I decided to write some reviews on two skincare products I've been using that I actually liked. I finished a lot more but they weren't worth writing about so i tossed them out before photographing them.



Alba Botanica Acnedote Toner - This is one of the best toners I have ever used and I've used a LOT of toners. Last summer my skin was really inflamed and broke out a lot. I knew that I needed an ingredient that would help calm my skin down. And what treated that would come down to the basic of basics. I didn't want to spend a lot of money on fancy products that may or may not work so I decided this was worth trying. And I am glad I did!

This is a very practical product - it has  2% Salicylic Acid to help keep skin clear. Aside from that active ingredient, there's also nourishing ingredients like aloe and various floral extracts. I use cotton squares to pat my face with this toner. Every time I use it, my skin feels super refreshed. It calms my skin down and keeps it healthy. I absolutely love this! And repurchased 3 more bottles :) Actually, the entire line of Alba toners are great. My other favorite is the Alba Bontanica Hibiscus Toner. I'm currently using that right now. 

Here are the ingredients (via Amazon):

Aqua (Water), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (1) , SD Alcohol 40-B, Glycerin, Sorbitol, Sodium PCA, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Lens Esculenta (Lentil) Fruit Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract (1), Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract (1), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (1), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract (1), Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Extract (1), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Rhizome/Root, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil 

Korres Quercetin & Oak Antiwrinkle & Firming Face Serum - I used this serum really religiously for a few months, but only at night to make it last longer. This serum claims to use really concentrated oak tree extracts to help firm skin up and improve your skin's elasticity. I'm not sure if it helped in those areas for me but I loved this serum because it was moisturizing and my skin looked really great in the mornings. Four times out of the week week I'd only wear this serum alone because it felt nice by itself :) I would love to try other products from Korres and the only thing keeping me from repurchasing this at the moment is the high price tag! 

Ingredients (via Sephora): 

Aqua/Water/Eau, Glycerin, Distarch Phosphate, Sucrose, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Pulp Extract, Alanine, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Arginine, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Tetraisopalmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Caprylyl Glycol, Carbomer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Glyceryl Acrylate/AcrylicAcid Copolymer, Glyceryl Oleate, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexapeptide-11, Hydrolyzed Myrtus Communis Leaf Extract, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Lactobacillus/Arundinaria Gigantea Leaf Ferment Filtrate, Lecithin, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Mourera Fluviatilis Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium PCA, Phenoxyethanol, Quercetin Caprylate, Quercus Robur Bark Extract, Serine, Sodium Benzoate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Sodium Dihydrogen Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate, Threonine, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Xanthan Gum.

With this much ingredients, the serum must be good. 

I'll have more little reviews in the near future. What is your favorite toner? Have you tried anything by Korres?





Disclaimer: All products mentioned were purchased by yours truly! 







9 comments:

Unknown said...

My toner has ran out a while ago and I haven't repurchased one since.

Thanks for this review :)

ice pandora said...

Sounds like a wonderful product c:
I see Korres everywhere, at Youtube
and blogs! Seems like a promising
product!

xx
http://icepandora.blogspot.com

EmyAugustus said...

Thanks for the toner recommendation!  I've been underwhelmed with the two toners I have tried (Neutrogena, Earth Science) in that it doesn't really feel like they do anything.  I will keep an eye out for the Alba the next time I visit Whole Foods.  

Glad it's inexpensive because I tend to be very hesitant to buy expensive skincare products.  :D 

Amyboo said...

These two products sound amazing! I adore how amazing serums can make your skin feel. I need to buy a new one myself. :) 
Thanks for sharing!

littlemissandrea said...

I love Korres products. So glad the serum worked for you - I might have to pick it up for my mom!

Unknown said...

.

Silly Lilacs said...

Oh this sounds nice! I might try this after my toner runs out...I'm so bad with them. I never end up using them on a regular basis!

Hollie said...

awesome review! Definitely checking the alba acne dote toner now! my skin recently went berserk, probably just because of my pregnancy hormones, but I have to do something about my bumps. thanks for sharing ^_^

Jenni said...

the toner sounds amazing!!! I wonder where I can get it :) my face broke out pretty badly for almost a year and nothing really had helped to clear it up COMPLETELY. sigh, always on the hunt for better things.