Sunday, January 1, 2012

2011 Reflections and Resolutions

Happy New Year's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We have transitioned our way to yet another year.
I was inspired by Tao and Maddy Loves for this reflection idea.
This year in review has been hard for me to sum up. I've done a whole lot yet I feel like there wasn't enough time.

Accomplishments:
1. Eating Better... and I have! I also learned that I enjoy running and yoga a lot!
2. Not making impulse purchases... you won't believe how much money you can save by thinking things through. I used to just buy stuff to fill a void of some sort, but I've become better attuned at controlling my spending habits!
3. Write Write and Write! I've taken much of my free time to fine tune my favorite hobby in the world, which is writing fiction. I've written inconsistently over the years for one reason or another but now I realized how utterly ridiculous it was to even bear the thought of stopping.

Lessons Learned:
1. Varying Friendship... it either gets deeper, stays consistent or disintegrate. I feel like I had a major loss this year and it kills me from time to time, but sometimes there is no good explanation.... It just is.
2. Don't be timid... I have to admit, one of my major flaws is that I try to never let anyone down, and sometimes it bites back hard because people take the gesture as a lack of confidence. They start stepping all over you and pretty soon you're in that zone where you're labelled as such. I have to learn to have a more commanding presence.
3. Don't let criticism bring you down... ever. There are trolls on the internet that write crappy things to people. One of the reasons I didn't continue much on my fiction was because I had several readers who criticized me personally for things I've written and that made me question my authenticity and ability to tell stories. But now I realize I wasted too much time not listening to my own voice. [cue cheesy music here]

Resolutions for 2012
1. Wake up and do yoga in the mornings! I'd say 3x a week or so to start. I'd love to start my days earlier and go to work feeling good.
2. Take more mini vacations... because you never really know things unless you've seen them. I've taken several staycations (local vacations) in 2011 and I always come back feeling motivated and refreshed. My mind balanced.
3. Sign up for a walkathon or marathon... something small, nothing extravagant but hopefully something that can lead up to eventual hardcoreness ;)

I've kept my resolutions simple and realistic this year. I'd like to grow as person, become wiser and more zenful :)

I'd also like to thank all my readers for following this blog for what the content's worth. I enjoy interacting with all of you guys via this blog, Twitter and Facebook. It's become an outlet for my zany little obsession with frivolous things and unattainable lusts. I plan on continuing next year with more quality posts, good reviews, fun tags and more!

Happy New Year to all!


20 comments:

LACE.LEATHER.LIPGLOSS said...

nice post (: good lessons..
happy 2012!

doublelll.blogspot.com

♥Bunny♥ said...

Happy New Year! <3
I like how your resolutions are all small steps, yet it will make a differece! All the best! :3

veryhoney said...

ah! I have much to follow as well! Happy new year!!

Unknown said...

What a great post! I've lost some friends too and it's because I'm a bit timid and I never had the courage to stay in touch, so they thought of me as a snob :(.

And I need to run some more. I actually just started :) yay!

Happy New year!

Kalmo said...

Aw congrats on being good on eating healthy and exercising. I want to stop impulse buying as well. XD Good luck on your 2012 goals!! I like the idea of a staycation. :)

Larie said...

Happy new year! :D I have to think about my own goals - haven't done that yet! LOL.

MissS.elle said...

Happy New Year! <3 I can't agree more with the lessons learned part!

Jen said...

Thank you for being such a lovely & inspiring blogger!! ^^ hope you accomplish your goals or this year :D

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

looks like 2011 was a great year for you :) jen you're one of the most positive and "zenful" people i know! taking a page out of your book for this near year ahead. happy 2012 !!

Bravoe Runway said...

These are all great resolutions! I need to sit down and write mine, I really need to start waking up earlier... Happy New Year :)

welldressedmaker said...

These are great resolutions, Jen! Mini vacations are the way to go! I wish you luck!

♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Tracy said...

Great resolutions! Yoga is a wonderful hobby! Have fun achieving all of them this year!

Unknown said...

You are so inspiring! Good luck with your resolutions.
I had no idea you were a tutor before! That is so awesome. I am sure mine will also be a rewarding experience.

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

hey jen! I started doing yoga this month! it was so hard to get back into it and I feel sooo tired instead of energized as of now, but I'm hoping it'll get better soon! ;)

do you do it in the mornings by yourself, or go to a studio? :)

<3 Hope you also achieve your 2012 resolutions! ^^

Unknown said...

Elizabeth: I usually do it at home because I have Comcast and it's programmed with workouts :)
From time to time, I go to the gym for yoga but I'm too lazy :p

Lisa said...

Good goals for 2012. Happy new year!

Unknown said...

I really like this post because I can relate with a lot of the points you mentioned. Impulse shopping is something that I'm still struggling to control, unfortunately. Hopefully I'll get better as time goes on though. And I'm glad to hear you're still so upbeat even when others try to bring you down. Please don't ever let what haters say affect you - it's usually those who are insecure or unhappy with themselves that feel the need to bring others down. Just keep writing what interests you - I'm sure there are many of your readers that do enjoy your fiction :)

Anonymous said...

Happy new year Jenn!!

I'm impressed with what you've achieved for 2011. It's probably more than I could say for myself!!

I think I learned the timid one a few years back my job definitely brought me out of my shell. Can't believe you had trolls on your blog, great that your fighting back in your own way :D

Beauty Box said...

I really enjoyed reading your new year resolutions...quite inspiring actually. I've had a year of ending friendships as well so your post struck a chord with me.

Karen said...

All three of your "lessons learned" apply to me! The friendship aspect.. as well as learning to be more confident and filter out un-constructive criticism. Good luck on your resolutions, especially the one about mini vaca's ;)