Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tried and True: Chi Leave-In Treatment Masque

I think everyone can agree with me that hair is pretty important to most women, especially healthy hair. I wasn't blessed with the naturally silky hair and I had some pretty bad experiences with hairdressers. I think I've tamed my hair through the years though, with all the straightening and whatnot.. o_o Besides eating well and vitamin supplements, I still need hair treatments.



I've come across the Chi leave-in Masque by accident while shopping at Target one day. It was a clearance item and I decided to give it a try without much hopes for it. But I've come to looooovvvve it. It's seriously awesome stuff! Everything about this is perfect, except maybe for the packaging. I'm not a huge fan of hair stuff in a tub, especially a tub with a twist cap. It's just so messy, but my hair seems to love it. Besides using less heat, and moisturizing conditioners in between washes, this leave in masque has given my hair a piece of mind =p



The scent is really unique. At first whiff, I was like woah, it smells like a cologne... =/ But it's actually a musky coconut smell I'm really liking nowadays.

The product itself is a little weighty on the hair but it's great overall. I use it on my ends and it helps seal in the hair cuticles and protect it from further damage. It's best to use when hair is nearly dry but still somewhat damp so it dries to a nice, fluffy finish. And the nice coconut smell is just a bonus. If for anything, you'll still have pretty smelling hair ;)

Overall, it has everything I want in a hair masque and I'd def repurchase in a heartbeat. I really love this SO much. At the time, Target had it on sale for $7.99 or something... originally $19.99. Awesome deal, right?

I started using the Maybelline Magnum mascara and i reaaaaaaaaaaally love it.


This was after an entire day! What's your favorite mascara?

Going to have fondue tonight! :) YAY!





25 comments:

blogger said...

i've read good reviews about chi's :) thanks for the review! and love your lashes :D

SiSi Sparkles said...

hmmm I don't usually put stuff in my hair but this sounds like something I'd like to try out. AND you got an awesome deal!

Kalmo said...

That mascara looks great on your eyes, perfect curl. Thanks for the hair mask review and it's great you got it for a good deal at Target. I'll keep my eye for it at my local Target.

herroyalbleakness said...

I love Maybelline mascaras! Im just anxious about them discontinuing so much good stuff though...

And that hair masque is surely a steal for $8!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

leave it to chi for m-azing products :) i love this mascara on you - the slightly chunky effect.

Stephanie said...

I love hair masks, and thanks for sharing this one! Wuold love to try it! I'm still using the good ol' got2b lustre lotion <3

Donna said...

wow i've never seen that little tub of chi before! ^^

my favorite mascara now is maybelline falsies~!

hmm fondue :9

Unknown said...

I don't take care of my hair as much as I should and my hair can definitely use a mask like this one. It sounds like a cool product.

I've never tried Maybelline's magnum mascara, but I like my Maybelline Express Volum Falsies or something like that haha.

Nunu said...

Good to know! I wasn't blessed with dead straight Asian hair either!
I haven't tried Magnum but I'm kinda sorta liking Maybelline Falsies mascara weird brush n all

Steph said...

I'm currently using the Essentials hair mask, i used to use the pantene one. I thought it was really good until i tried the Essentials one.

If this mask goes on sale, I'm picking it up =] I love the smell of CHI products, i usually use their keratin mist after i shower and their flat iron protectant spray =D

Shop N' Chomp said...

(Thanks!)

Your lashes look so lush and pretty! :D I'll have to check that mascara out. My HG is Shu Uemura Basic but not for long b/c it just got discontinued! T_T And whoa, you got a sweet deal on that mask!! I have crazy Medusa hair so I'm always looking to try new stuff. Thanks for the rec! :D

Anonymous said...

I wasn't blessed with silky hair either =/

That mascara kept the volume and curl~ Wow~ I need to check that one out. I am still trying to search for a great mascara for my straight stubborn lashes~

Enjoy your fondue~~ xo

ShinyPrettyThings said...

oh the mascara works great for you!!! def gonna have to check it out. i really like chi products. I accidentally found a chi hairspray on clearance at TJ Maxx and its the best hairspray i've every used!

i hate hair masks that are in tubs too. but i uncap it before i step into the shower & leave it in a spot where it won't get wet so it's easier to grab some when I use it. =]

Pammy said...

Oh, you love the Magnum mascara. It looks great on your lashes. I only hope it doesn't dry up o you quickly. :(

sugar sugar said...

i wish we had chi in my country. have read a lot of good reviews about their products.

KC said...

I love CHI products! And wow the mascara looks great :)

Makeup and Mutts said...

Great review! The leave in treatment sounds lovely :) Your lashes look fab! I'm unsure of my fave mascara.

Lisa said...

ohh good to know i'm always looking for something to use to moisturize my hair because it's so dry after i curl it. haha :)

mizzsandychau said...

ooo i gotta try that hair masque! my hair is dry and fried!

Amy said...

oh I should try this out! My hair is really making me unhappy these days :(

Unknown said...

The mascara looks awesome. I am going to Target to get that hair mask. Hopefully I can still find it. Have a great fondue!

Elizabeth King said...

I'm in need for some major good hair mask. I have very long, curly hair. So I really wanna look some something that will treat my ends and leave my hair soft and shiny. My favorite mascaras are Loreal voluminous, Maybelline Falsies and Tarte lights, camera, lashes. ^_^

noone said...

my hair is soo damanged I need to baby it more with masks like these! lol about coconut... i was using this coconut oil a month ago and the smell got so overwhelming i think it turned me off all coc nut stuff now

laura said...

gotta look for that leave-in conditioner. I like spray kinds more than creams, though. do you have any recommendations?

Unknown said...

Laura: I like Phyto's color protecting spray if you're looking for a mist :)

Pop Champagne: I agree, coconut can get stifling! Little at a time, I suppose.