Sunday, August 7, 2011

Favorites from July =D

Hey everyone! How is your weekend so far? Mine has been good so far. This weekend has come and gone so fast.. like a fleeting memory. On Friday, I went to see Jay Mohr perform at the Improv for a company event. It was tons of fun but I couldn't take any pics inside because they prohibited cameras. I'm surprised I didn't know who he is... he's in a lot of Hollywood films o_o Saturday was spent having lunch with a friend and hitting the gym. Sunday consisted of sleeping in and running errands... and watching reruns of One Tree Hill. I love doing nothing on Sundays :)

Here are some of my favorites for July. I enjoyed reading a lot of your favorites and now curious to try some of them. Yay for blogger influence! LOL


Dermablend Smooth Indulgence Foundation SPF 20




I don't think this foundation gets enough love for what it is. The packaging is extremely simple, unpretentious and really plain. But the foundation is the real star. I'd say this is a full coverage foundation with a very strong yellow undertone.


A lot of people with acne scarring swears by this foundation and while I do not have acne scars, I think it's a beautiful foundation for photos. It really matches my skin tone well because of the yellower tint. Since it's full coverage, this doubles as my concealer as well. I'm not even exaggerating by saying it has intense coverage.



I really love this foundation... it's so concentrated and you only need so little :) I use my fingers to apply it on and after I'm done, my fingers are sooo tinted LOL.


See what I mean? o_o....

Clinique Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Sparkling Nude (01)




I got this awhile ago during one of Clinique's GWP promotions. I didn't much of it at first, but it's such a pretty cream shadow! It goes perfectly underneath any eyeshadow to intensify the color or to accentuate and brighten the eyes. Really pretty! I must look for other shades.


With NYX Jade e/s


NYX Eyeshadow Single in Jade




I won this e/s in Mishi a la Mode's giveaway and I've been hooked to this color eversince. I normally don't wear green eyeshadows but this one is SO pretty. It really is a true Jade color with silver shimmers in it.




MAC Pressed Blot Powder




Love this! This is the perfect topping over the Dermablend foundation :) It's simple and absorbs excess oil. I just use it in the morning and it'll last all day. I like that it's pretty translucent, but I'm sure any drugstore blotting powder will do ;)

Jack Black Intense Therapy Lip Balm in Natural Mint




I read about these lip balms in SO many blogs and decided to try it out. Omg, it's really an understatement how much I like this stuff. It's balmy, minty and absorbs into your lips without that feeling of something sitting on top of it. It's also nice because of the SPF 25 in it :) I love love love lip balms and I will need to dedicate a whole post on my collection =p

Have you tried any of these products? :)

My cat Bacon :)

37 comments:

Bravoe Runway said...

I am actually in the market for a new eyeshadow primer so this may be what I'll be trying next! I've tried several primers but none of them promise what they claim! Also, I love NYX eyshadow, it stays on and the colours are vibrant!

Kalmo said...

Thanks for sharing your favorites with us. I really wanted the Jack Black lip balm to work for me but I think I was allergic to the sunscreen. They smell amazing though. I also want to try the Blot powder sine it has so many positive reviews to stop the oils later in the day.

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

Great favorites, I especially like that foundation. It looks amazing!

Stephanie said...

Ohh! Jade is such a lovely color!!! I love MAC blot powder =] very mattifying!! Great post jen!

Jen said...

Great July favourites..:O
The Clinque cream shadows does an amazing job on amplifying the intensity of the NYX eyeshadow :O
The nyx eyeshadow is also a VERY beautiful colour!! Im going to go out & buy the Jack Black lip blam now XD just to see if it really works :D

Amy said...

I haven't tried any of them except for NYX which I adore. Such quality for such a price! :') The Clinique shadow looks very very pretty though!

MissS.elle said...

Thanks for sharing! Now you are tempting me too! hahaha =P

miemiemie said...

hi! how much is the dermablend foundation? where can i get it? thanks!

Thi said...

I never knew Dermablend makes foundation! I've only came across their remedial camouflage range... :)

Great post!

XX

Anonymous said...

Hmmm I'm interested to try that Dermablend foundation now. And no my bf doesn't model anymore -- they only use really young people now haha. But I will never stop making fun of him :P

Lilladylife said...

i love the jack black lip balms and the clinique shadow looks so pretty!

Unknown said...

bacon should look into becoming a professional sexy cat model. lol

Ashley said...

YAY I see Jack Black! I'm so glad you love it too :P

dani@callitbeauty said...

ooh, Sparkling Nude looks absolutely gorgeous!

Larie said...

I've seen the MAC blot powder on so many favorites lists! I really need to try some of that.

Pammy said...

Bacon is so cute!!! :P Nice picks. :)

JC ♔ said...

I think I need to have that foundation in my life lol...

tiffyama said...

DANG! That foundation gives a crazy amount of coverage!! I'm curious on how it'll work on my face now...heh. Ooh~ and love that JADE green! Super pretty!

Aw, HI BACON!

Jamilla Camel said...

I really want to try the foundation! Thanks for the swatch and pics!

Love Bacon!

.. said...

bacon is adorable! great favs hun!

laura said...

WOW! that Dermablend really looks fantastic! I have to get my paws on them one of these days!!! And your cat (BACON, really?!?! how cute!) is super adorable!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Unknown said...

miemiemie: The foundation is $30 for 1oz, sorry I didn't mention that! You can find it at Ulta, or online. At ACW Cosmetics, you can find similar ones for $10, :D That's probably a better deal but it's in a jar.

Barbara von Enger said...

Your cat Bacon is so sweet, and what pretty eyes Bacon has too. Am loving the MAC product.
Reminds me to visit the MAC counter. Did some beauty supplies. Have a sweet day;-)

Saving Capulet said...

i really like the jade shadows and i've heard about the balm, too! it's just that it's so hard to look for sellers selling the good stuff here in my country D:

Susie said...

Lol! I love One Tree Hill :)

Did the MAC powder break you out at all? I want to try it but I'm scared of getting a bad break out :(

Anonymous said...

some lovely picks.. I haven't tried any of those products.. just if the clinique cream shadow creases? looks very pretty! you have such a cute cat!

Cynthia said...

Nice favorites you got there. I got a few of the NYX eyeshadows and their eyeshadows are pretty pigmented and reasonable. I can't get enough of NYX stuff too. Hopefully my NYX collection will continue to grow.

ShinyPrettyThings said...

ive been wanting to get dermablend for so long! i hear it works great as a concealer since its so thick.

Lisa said...

ohhh that foundation blends crazy well.. it like totally disappears into your skin and looks so flawless!! i will def have to try that.. the NYX jade color is SOOO PRETTY!!!

your cat is so adorbs :)!!!

haha i'm setting into texas ok.. it's HOT i miss the bay area weather.. i can't believe i'm only going to be here for about 2 more months :p

Melsusu said...

I love that NYX color. It really is so pretty! :) Awwww your cat Bacon is adorable. And thank you for the compliment on my hair. Sometimes it's more of a nuisance, lol

Donna said...

i love all these favourites. i really want to try that dermablend foundation i heard it covers really well

cushy said...

heard so many things about jack black lip balm. i should run to sephora and grab one now. bacon is so photogenic.

Unknown said...

Great favs! I love the JB lip balm as well! :D
I want to give the Derma Blend foundation a try as well!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing! NYX jade is so pretty! I want to try that! That lip balm looks awesome! I never used a lip balm with that high SPF! I need it!

Kristie said...

I'm glad JB lip balm works well for you. I've tried it before but I have a severe allergic reaction to it. Bacon is a cutie!

Unknown said...

waa the foundation looks super thick. I have yet to try dermablend! Have heard so many good things about it ;) I like your favourites. They are all different brands and serve different purposes!

The Beauty and The Business said...

I love NYX!! It's such a great brand! I'm supposed to get a haul that I order from NYX today and I'm super excited! It didn't buy any single e/s but I did buy the purple smokey eye palette, that I can't wait to try!