Sunday, June 26, 2011

Review: MUFE Mat Velvet+

Hey everyone! Did you all have a good weekend? Mine is continuously fleeting, as usual. I was at the Gay Pride festival this weekend in SF. It was tons of fun! Love being around others like myself. I felt happy and sated :)

I wanted to review MUFE's Mat Velvet+ for awhile now since I've acquired it for over a year =p It is supposed to be a long wearing foundation (oil free, water resistant) that evens out skin tone and keeps your skin matte and non oily.






I threw away the box awhile ago already and the foundation doesn't say which shade it is anywhere...! It's a smidge too tan for my skin now. I used to wear tanner on my face a yr ago... (lol, i know) and i outgrew that habit now because it's too much work to maintain. No more facial tanner, no more any tanner. I just try to be content with my skin tone now =p

My thoughts about this foundation? Unfortunately, not a huge fan. I know a lot of people swear by this foundation, but it just doesn't work for me. There is some ingredient in there that irritates my skin and causes me to be an oily mess in 2 hours. And it's supposed to be matte? Even my dewiest foundations don't do that.


Sorry for the horrendous picture o_o I get these weird bumps on my cheeks everytime I use the foundation. It drives me crazy! It's probably the Cylopentasiloxine (type of silicone) in it, being that it's the first ingredient before water O_O 

I really wanted to like it more but this foundation was just mediocre at best.

Pros
1. Gel-like formula, comfortable to use
2. Wide range of shades 
3. Medium to heavy coverage, dries very quickly

Cons
1. Not nearly moisturizing enough
2. Accentuates lines and some imperfections on face
3. Makes my skin more oily than my other foundations & bb creams

It's $34/1oz on Sephora.

Have you gals tried MUFE Mat Velvet+? What are your thoughts on this foundation?








27 comments:

JC ♔ said...

No, I haven't tried it but I wanted to until now. Better for my wallet. Sorry to hear that it gave you little bumps--though I must be blind because your skin looks fine to me.

Jamilla Camel said...

Thanks for the review. I'll be sure to avoid!

ShinyPrettyThings said...

sorry to hear that this gave u irritations! that's always the worse.

I agree that tanner is just too difficult to keep up w. HAHA i was using St. Tropez on only my arms & legs but now I'm so lazy & its already fading. I can't tan no matter how hard I try. I guess it's just time for me to accent how pale I'll always be hahahaha

Catamiaou said...

Oh I wanted to go to the Gay Pride too (in Paris) but I was so busy...
I've never tried MUFE mat Velvet+. Thanks for sharing

Jen said...

Eek! Bumps after using it?! O_O
Maybe you're allergic or sensitive to one of the ingredients in the foundation >_<"

Haven't tried this foundation yet, FINALLY found a shop that sells it in NZ! XD

Mandy said...

I would try this out but unfortunately we don't have Makeup forever where i live and we probably won't get one anytime soon :p ti's also expensive to buy online :(

Stephanie C said...

Oh goodness, I would have been so mad if I had a reaction like that on my face to that foundation!

Glad you had fun at the parade!

tiffyama said...

Aw, boo that this didn't work out as well for you. Thanks for the review though. ^^

Nunu said...

I donno why but most MUFE products tend to break me out in those same little bumps :(
I love going to the gay pride parade too! speaking of which, it's coming to Vancouver soooon!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that MUFE gave you irritations :(

I haven't tried any MUFE products yet but have been hearing goods and bads. I think I might stay clear from this one.

Thanks for the honest review babe.

sugar sugar said...

thanks for this honest review dear. i don't think i can get away with anything that will emphasize wrinkles LOL! x) so i'll be passing up on this foundation.

Mandy said...

Thanks for the honest review. More than likely I would have the same results as you, with it not controlling the oil and not wearing well (darn you, silicones!) ... have you tried MUFE HD Foundation at all? I haven't but would be curious to know if you have, and your thoughts.

Shop N' Chomp said...

I haven't tried this particular product but MUFE has always broken me out so I avoid it! Darn 'cones. =\

Mara said...

Oh I wanted to try this so badly b/c I really enjoy using MUFE foundations. I can get oily very easily so it kinda scares me that it made you oily when it is suppose to be matte? Great review though.

Karen said...

Wow girl you were at the Pride parade?! lol I didn't go but I'm excited you were in the city.. I was at the Alice Summerthing concert on Sunday instead :P

It's too bad you get a reaction to the MUFE esp for a higher end product.. but you are saving me from any temptation of getting it (it's not cruelty-free but I always here great things about MUFE) :\

♥Bunny♥ said...

Awwww :( sorry to hear that the foundation didn't work well on you :( but at least you know to not use this again. I really think you have beautiful skin tone so you don't need to worry about to change it at all! You are really pretty! :)

Pammy said...

No-no on making making your skin oilier. Thanks for the review. :)

noone said...

the pride fest must have been so much fun! and yeah def got oily skin so I always stick to water base products haha

Gellie Abogado said...

the shade will look good on me plus i don't have sensitive skin so it'll be great but we don't have makeup forever in philippines. though we have watsons, the makeup there is very limited and is mostly local makeup; but their all good so watsons is like my sin shopping area. i tend to spend too much money there.

anyway, i guess not all foundation works for everyone. hope to read more of your blog posts! :)


much love,
http://gelleesh.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Its too bad this didn't work for you. I have never tried it, but I don't think I ever will. I have had bad experienced with MUFE foundations.

I have awarded you a blog award :D
http://yamismakeup.blogspot.com/2011/06/blog-award.html

Anonymous said...

it sucks that it gives you bumps! I haven't tried MUFE base makeup... scared of venturing into it at all.. thanks for the review!

Unknown said...

Wow,really? Thats cool! I have listened to them since I was in elementary school and I still love them!

ThisIsAlx said...

nop i havent tried it.. i only tried a sample of their high definition foundation but i think i still rather use a concealer and powder combo instead of a liquid foundation

Unknown said...

Aww that's too bad it didn't work for you. I keep hearing rave reviews about this foundation. A lot of girls said it's better than their HD liquid foundation.

KC Saraza said...

That sucks that it gave u bumps. :( Thanks for the review!

Frances said...

main ingredient is silicone instead of water? O_O wow. And eek to giving you bumps! :( what a shame. I think I tried this a long long time ago and wasn't too impressed and I can't remember the reason XD however I really want to go back and try it still :P

Did you return it? You should try to return it if you still can, $34 is a lot for something that you can't use at all!

socialitedreams said...

MUFE hd foundation gave me those bumps too :( i liked the coverage/color but dang, skin was horrible.

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/