Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NYX Luscious Lips: The Perfect Everyday Colors

I'm so excited to share with you guys a super versatile lip palette. I am normally not a fan of lip palettes because they always seem to be dry-ish and not all the colors are wearable (usually way too dark), but the NYX one is a winner - moisturizing and pretty colors. More than pretty, they are suitable for whatever, whenever. Plus, it's sleek with only 5 colors and small enough to tote around. Who knew?

I've had this palette for awhile now, maybe 6 months ago when I ordered from Cherry Culture, but never got around to using it because of my other lip stuff in rotation. I had it in my office for awhile before I dug it up recently. It def comes in handy during after lunch touch ups.


They are mostly nudes with one pinky color. 


Sorry for my bad swatches. Can you see how smooth and silky they are? LOVE IT! 



This is the very right color on the palette. I think it is a little too nude for me and makes my lips look muddy. I also wish they'd name their colors so I don't have to be like "at the very right" or left.. I could number them but whatever ;) I didn't have any other clear pics with the other colors. I will soon enough :)

I also want to share with you all my very first Jill Stuart item!! 




Jill Stuart Lip Balm Tint Color in the Strawberry flavor. I opted to get a blush but I really wanted something like this because I am a totally lip balm junkie and I am smitten by the pretty packaging. And because the blushes were over $60+... ='( 


Here is the lip balm in all its glory. It smells fantastic, faintly of perfumed strawberries. The packaging looks nice but it doesn't feel like something that should cost over $30 with shipping o_o The madness! I didn't do a swatch because it is not a tinted lip balm like they say. It's a sheer balm with pretty smelling strawberries. It was most definitely a splurge but a pretty splurge at that. 

Any JS fans here? :)

Goodnight all! Be back soon!

36 comments:

LoVeLySh. said...

That is definitely a splurge lip balm!! but it is super pretty && I am a sucker for packaging too!!!

www.love-lysh.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

JS is so expensive but so cute -- definitely one of those items you save long after the product runs out haha. I'm not a fan of lip palettes either but those colors look so wearable!

Amy said...

ooh the NYX palette looks nice :) What's the smell like??

Anonymous said...

Oh the 3rd color in the NYX palette looks pretty nice. (: Looking forward to those swatches!

Dang, JS is ridiculously pricey. Definitely a splurge! LOL but the top of the cap is super prettyyy. I love jewels. (:

Rei said...

I am a JS fan..but I try to wait till I get back to Asia..they are so overpriced on the internet..

Mara said...

I like Jill Stuart but it's so expensive. :( Now that I can get NYX locally, I might have to pick up that lipgloss palette, b/c I'm sure a lipgloss whore and I love nudy pinks... :)

Unknown said...

ohhh I must try that NYX palette thank you for the lovely swatches. your lips are so cute!

becca

nisa said...

thank u for swatch NYX lipgloss palette :)

Eve said...

the NYX is so pretty! Jill stuart is so expensive ><

Makeup and Mutts said...

The NYX palette is gorgeous!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

the peachy shades in the nyx palette look so awesome! great for summer nights out and hitting the beach, park. can you tell i wish i could escape my 9 to 5 more often ? :D :D

Saving Capulet said...

oh those colors are so pretty! nude pink, peach pink <3 awh perfect indeed!

Amy said...

Ahh! I have the same problem with lip palettes. They tend to get really drying and sticky. NYX tends to be better though! :)
JS...So..expensive...I wish I could try their stuff, but it's sooo out of my budget. All of their packaging just drags me in though.

sugar sugar said...

the JS lipbalm looks so pretty! <3 the NYX lippies on the other hand look great too! i think the palettes you chose work well on your skin. :3

KC said...

NYX is nice! The colors are gorgeous. I love Jill Stuart! :) Expensive yes, but worth it. :D

Unknown said...

The lip palette looks really nice! I've been really impressed with NYX products ever since I tried them for the first time recently :)

Congrats on the Jill Stuart item! I still haven't been able to justify getting one of their items yet, but I really want one of their blushes!

mimi said...

I love the nyx lip palette! I've not really a fan of lip palettes because I think they are oily & messy, but I will this one actually makes me want to get it! & the jill stuart lip balm!! It's so pretty & cute (: but dang $30?? I guess it's for the pretty packaging ><

Anonymous said...

The packaging really reminds me of Bobbi Brown makeup cases :D pretty swatches! Shame NYX is overpriced in Japan!

Riya~ said...

I love love Jill Stuart but I'm so sad that it cost so much over here!!! Talk about over pricing! =___= where did you purchased your Jill Stuart from?

tiffyama said...

Ooh, I'm liking the swatches of the NYC glosses! Pretty! ;D
And dang...suuper expensive for JS. Gah, they packaging is so pretty though. =[

Donna said...

omg the jill stuart packging is tooooooooooo cute!! i want it just for that haha. and the colors seem really sheer which is nice for everyday

Anonymous said...

Wow, those NYX shades are so pwetty~~~~

Cominica said...

Thanks for share this with out!
Im going to check it out, the lip palette, and
Jill Stuart packaging is alwayss so cutee >.<

Unknown said...

Kyaa!~ Jill Stuart <3 I love JS although they are so expensive.

Red Lips, Black Hair said...

Beautiful colors for you!:) I've never tried JS but I have always loved the packaging.

Gaby Fauchon said...

The Jill Stuart Lip Balm looks gorgeous, and so is the packaging!

Bijin Blair said...

Where did you purchase your JS balm from? The jar? pot? is soooo cute!

Lady Sakura said...

the colors from nyx palette are gorgeous and they're look very nice and smooth. :D

Lady Sakura said...

the colors are gorgeous and they look nice and smooth. wanna buy the palette!! :D

Beauty Writer said...

These colours look very pretty! I really like your blog :)
http://putbeautytowords.blogspot.com/

??? said...

i luv the colours on the palette~~~very wearable, and perfect for everyday~~~


jessy
threenothing.blogspot.com

Kim said...

waah that jill stuart tinted balm looked so much like Etude house magic tint balm I've just reviewed! <3 thanks for the swatches =)

http://sparkleapple.blogspot.com/

Mana said...

That looks like one awesome palette! Sometimes I wish they did these combos with lipsticks instead of a palette lol for some reason Im not a huge fan of palettes, might be the whole lipbrush thing =(

Omg Jill Stuart!!! I've wanted her products for ages but they are soooo pricey that I can't justify the splurge yet! Im glad that you liked yours but I totally agree that I think their prices are a bit over the top!

Donna said...

the nyx ones look so shiny! i wish i had known about these when i ordered my cream blushes at cherryculture! i don't really any jill stuart products because i'm such a cheapo when it comes to cosmetics lol! someday i would like to own one of the js blushes though!

ps: thank you for the comment ^^

Unknown said...

ahh I totally agree >< JS is so pricey!! My first and only JS product was one I won on Ashura's giveaway...but god the packaging is so pretty!

Trusty NYX ^_^ I love their lip products and price on CC is hard to beat :}

Anonymous said...

I'm liking that NYX palette. :D

http://monsterprettyinthecity.blogspot.com/