Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kanebo Media Moisture Foundation, and a FOTD using all Japanese products

Hello everyone! :) Having a good midweek thus far? Mine has been nothing but hectic. You know those long work days.. *sigh* But you know what? I discovered one of the best foundations ever, something I'd def repurchase over and over just because it's that amazing. I was distraught with my MUFE Mat Velvet because it just didn't work for me for whatever reason. But I am sad no more!


If you are not familiar with Kanebo, they are like a mother brand to many other luxe brands like Coffret D'or and Kate. Media is like their drugstore brand, definitely more affordable than Coffret D'or.This foundation is rich and hydrating and gives off a healthy supple glow. I love that it's in a jar, although not the most sanitary but certainly very pretty to look at. The feel of this foundation is so decadent, rich and creamy with a supple, luxurious feel. It's hard to describe this without it sounding like it's too good to be true, because it seems just that :) With so many pros, it's bound to have a downside. Being that's a full on moisturizing foundation, people with normal to dry skin will really appreciate this foundation while those who are are trying to stay away from products that cause them more oil will probably pass on this. 



I got this in shade OC-D1 described as "Healthy Natural Color". There are only 4 shades to choose from and since I consider myself darker than many Asians (maybe?), I chose the 3rd darkest shade o_o It goes on a little darker than my natural skin color... but it's not so noticeable. This is my first "Asian" foundation. I might go and purchase OC-C1 which is described as "Natural Color". 

Here's my FOTD using the foundation:

DSCN2053

I used it on my face and neck, but I can see the color difference now o_o 

Here's the breakdown:

Pros
1. Highly moisturizing, non irritating for me (also scent free!)
2. Full coverage, accentuating nice supple skin
3. Affordable - $12 on Adam Beauty (HK website where I bought it from)

AdamBeauty is a HK based retailer that sells a ton of Japanese makeup for really affordable prices. The cool thing is that postage and shipping is included! You just have to pay $2.00 to register your package (like a DC#) and that's it. The wait time is kind of long, 2 weeks or so, but you can upgrade that I'm sure :) I haven't had any bad experiences with them, and I hope to never have to.

Cons
1. Shade selection - only 4 to choose from o_o
2. Needed to blot more often
3. Nestled in a jar. They should have the option of a sanitary pump for travelers

DSCN2058

DSCN2056

Above: After a whole day at work, around 5pm-ish. The sun is setting, and I blotted 2-3 times during the day. 

Here are the makeup products I used! 



Shiseido Luminizing Face Color in RD401 (Orchid) - It's a pretty rosy coral pink color that brightens the cheeks. I'm so in love with this blush! 


Lavshuca PK-3 Lipgloss - Another brand from Kanebo ;) It's a jelly-like baby pink color :) 


So that sums up my day look =p I'm smitten by the Kanebo Media foundation and will likely purchase it again, hopefully in the correct shade this time.

What are your favorite Japanese cosmetics? :)

38 comments:

Unknown said...

You look great! That foundation looks amazing! The price is very affordable too! The blush and lipgloss are so pretty!!!

Riya~ said...

I love it! You are flawless! =)

Unknown said...

why you gotta be so beautiful ? I'm jealous

Amy said...

The price really surprises me because it looks great! =)

frecklesspeckles said...

the foundie looks nice! very glowy :)

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

Just stumbled on your blog! It's FABULOUS - the layout is wayyy pro. I love it!

And eek. You are so gorgeous. I'm such a fail with make-up (i.e. bare minimal, as i just don't know how to work it!) so I really don't have much more to comment ;).

Check out mine?
QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Ooh-ing & ah-ing at how flawless your skin looks.
I despise make up in jars/pots so until the packaging for this foundation changes, I won't be considering it. That and the shade selection needs to change to at least shades :P

Valerie Zhang said...

Your skin looks so good!

hevn said...

Wow, looks great. I love Kanebo's Media range! I used the blusher still but it has long been discontinued over here. They packed up and went T.T

I'm gonna go check the website out and maybe get a bottle myself. Thanks!

Jamilla Camel said...

Your complexion is wonderful! I'll have to investigate this foundation!

PinkOrchids said...

It looks so natural! And seem like good coverage, thanks for sharing! xX

l-article said...

Ahhh it's been a long time! The new foundation sounds like a nice find! It sucks that they only come in four shades...@_@ I do like the lip gloss though! :)

mizzsandychau said...

wow teh foundation looks sooo smooth, i really want to try it now!

Stephanie C said...

The foundation looks amazing, your skin is flawless! I've heard of Kanebo before, but now i have to definitely check their products out!

ShinyPrettyThings said...

that's a great price!! I love Kanebo products...usually haha it looks great on you!

??? said...

great looks~~~it looks great~~~

jessy
threenothing.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Your face looks flawless. I really like the sounds of that foundation! Like you said, almost too good to be true! I have dry skin and i live dewy textured foundation so this would be great.

Makeup and Mutts said...

You're so great at makeup! Your makeup always look stunning :)

Yumiko said...

i like how it the foundation gives you a dewy light glow. you look younger and it's a great coverage around the eye.

Kawaiiberri92 said...

it looks so good the foundation and pretty cheek color and lips too >u<

sugar sugar said...

you have really great skin. :) i love the cheek and lip color you used.

maybe the foundation will eventually match your color because it's summer. ;)

나니 said...

If that finish isn't perfect, then I don't know what is! D: Holy moly your face looks AMAZING! I mean.. it always looks amazing ; D But.. you know. xD

Frances said...

Hi hi ^_^ hehe this foundation reminds me of Chantecaille gel foundation. It has a gel/jelly consistency doesn't it? I'm combination skin and when I first tried Chantecaille I was like OMG it's so moisturizing and so beautiful! but since I get oily, gel foundation looks gross on me by the end of the day :( sigh so sad cuz initial finish is beautiful. So jealous that you can use this! Although you said the shade you got runs darker, I thought it looks perfect with the rest of your body! Can't tell if there's a color difference from the pictures :P
That Shiseido blush looks beautiful!!!! O_O you always do beautiful blush swatches!! lol! I remember having that flare of desire when I saw your rock and republic blush swatches. Now I just experienced that flare again XD

My favorite Japanese cosmetics will be Majolica Majorca mascaras XD not everything from that brand. Just the mascaras :) it's the only thing I keep going back repurchasing over the years :P

Frances said...

RE: Hm I'm not sure if there's a scientific way to explain it. Concealers and foundations will only darken your skin if the break out area has open wound (which in my case they usually do). My theory is the pigments in the foundation and concealer can penetrate your epidermis through the wound and settle there (that's where your melanocytes are at too, in the epidermis. So if you naturally have more dark pigments they will show up on your face). I don't know if this is scientific, but from my experiences when I use concealers/foundations on open wounds, and after they healed, they tend to look darker than the skin around it, because my skin absorbed the pigments from my makeup. Kind of like the color of a freckle except they will be the shape of my pimple where the open wound was at TOT of course the hyperpigmentation wouldn't be permanent because your skin cells shed off everyday and you will get an entirely new layer of epidermis over time XD but it takes time for that to happen. Plus depending on how bad the break out was, some scars might be permanent. So I just avoid using concealers/foundations all together when I have breakous with open wounds. This is just from my own experience though :) as far as I know, no one really complained about how concealers make them scar. I just happened to notice that because before I started using concealers, my skin always heal fine and didn't scar. After I started using concealers (when I started really getting into makeup XD) I noticed that I scar more and it takes forever for the scar to fade :( (well cuz waiting for skin cells to turnover haha)

Paris B said...

We used to get Media here but they've pulled out. Pity! The quality used to be quite good for the price. I love the Shiseido blush though. I have one in a pink tone but Orchid looks amazing! I will have to check this out :)

Anonymous said...

it looks great on you but i think you already have great skin already! it looks clear and glowy :) The lip gloss and blushes are both very pretty!

Christine said...

You look so gorgeous, this foundation looks really good ^^

Love Christine ♥

dani@callitbeauty said...

your skin is flawless!

the shiseido luminizing face colour is just gorgeous <3.

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous! The foundation gives a really nice finish~

Dovey said...

Congrats on discovering such a great foundation! It really gives a soft and natural finish =)

JC ♔ said...

You look great; I agree with the others, your skin looks flawless and fantastic even after the end of a work day. I suspect however that you also inherited good genes and look good even without any foundation LOL! I like the FOTD as well, very pretty.

ALSO!! Before I forget, THANK YOU so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog the other day. I hope I don't sound selfish when I say that I feel relieved to hear others are in the same situation, but I am glad that I'm not alone and don't have to do it alone. It's also nice to have others that understand. I truly believe that we can both reach our goals if we just keep at it.

Honestly though, you're so pretty! I'm sure you're quite slim. :) I'll try Yoga when I'm a little more fit LMAO!

noone said...

wow your skin is flawlessss!

Mara said...

OooOOooOOooo....a new foundation that I haven't heard about yet. It makes your face so glowly. I like it. I wish there was a place near by so I can swatch it. I tend to get oily through out the day and I hate to blot. :(

Unknown said...

thanks for the review! your skin looks great! will have to look into this! :)

take care, aimee
diy blog: swellmayde

mimi said...

the foundation looks so good on you! I don't see a different between your face & neck o___o haha~ i think it looks good! (: & the shiseido blush looks so pretty!

Lisa said...

OHHHH omgosh your skin looks AMAZINGLY flawless!! you look STUNNING! i will have to try this.. but i agree i really wish it had a pump and not in a jar.. boo for the sanitation factor.

Maggie said...

Really pretty FOTD! Your skin looks flawless! Your strawberry clip is too cute, haha. :)

noone said...

love what you did with your cheeks- the blush is subtle yet looks so rosy and pretty!