Wednesday, June 1, 2011

My Humble Little Lipstick Collection

Hey all! How are you gals all doing so far? :) I had a memorable Memorial Day Weekend with my family who came to town to visit moi. We did the whole touristy San Francisco Golden Gate, Bay Bridge thing because my uncles are new in . It was totally cheesy but my uncles have never seen it before and wanted to experience it. And we did, with the usual massive traffic (plus the tourist crowd on the holiday) and horrendous prices ($6 toll fee to cross the bridge, really...?). Oh my gosh, do I sound like a old wind bag that complains constantly about traffic and fees? LOL *smacks head* In all, it was still a nice family experience. The weather was absolutely beautiful and I feel sad I didn't get to take much pics! I sometimes take for granted how picturesque my neighboring cities are.

Anyway, I want to thank you all again for participating in my little poll! :) I'll be creating a post for each and all of the topics for sure, within time :) Lipsticks, so far, is everyone's favorite as is mine. After a few years of being a makeup junkie, I've accumulated quite a lot of lipsticks, possibly over 70-80 (doubles, even triples of the same shade. I'm totally embarassed how far this obsession has gone!) that I either bought because of discovery, some on impulse and others as gifts. I decided that I needed to clear it out and keep only the ones I like so I can fit them into a lipstick drawer I bought a few months ago from TJ Maxx.





Gotta love TJ Maxx! I hear in London it's called TK Maxx. Interesting huh?


Here are the 3 drawers with all the lipstick goodness. Each drawer is about 6 1/2x8 1/2 so that's a pretty decent amount of space :) Sorry for the ultra messy pictures, but i haven't had a chance to organize by color family or whatever organization for lipsticks there are.


Drawer #1 - Mostly NYX, drugstore items.
.
Drawer #2 - Mostly MAC lipsticks and some higher end stuff like Chanel and YSL ;)


Drawer #3 - All lip glosses. I have a variety of shades that'll keep me satisfied for the time being.

I'm planning on organizing this little storage space and choosing a few favorites from the nudes, reds and pinks family. It's a daunting task ;) How I must live in sin from all this wonderful vanity.

Alright, I am going to sync up my iPod with the new Death Cab for Cutie album that just came out yesterday! :) I can't wait to listen to it. I bid you all goodnight, sweet dreams and talk to you all soon! More later!


38 comments:

Aya said...

Wow you have so many lippies:) Nice collection! I want an organizer like that too :)

JC ♔ said...

Omg that organizer is so cute! Also, I'm glad you had a great Memorial Day with lots of family. I love your lipstick collection... I really just want to steal all of it and walk away. 0=)

l y n said...

That looks really nice! I am now a little inpsired to organise my lippies as well :-)

Hollie said...

OMG Wow! This isn't humble at all, that's a lot! Mine's not even half of this...LOL

very awesome lippies!

Anonymous said...

I saw that (DCFC's new album) at a vinyl cafe the other day and want it pick it up soon so I'm hoping it's a good listen ;-) I like the organisation ! I really like looking at things stacked neatly ! Have you seen this tumblr: http://thingsorganizedneatly.tumblr.com/

It actually relaxes me everytime I visit ;-b Anyhow, very nice collection. I think mine is that large too :-P Perhaps I should do the same.

Passing Fancy said...

okay..that's not a humble collection:))

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

Yay, you finally posted your lipstick collection! =D That's a lot of lipsticks, but all so pretty. Haha.

-Dinah
http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com or dgsbeauty.com

mimi said...

Ohhhhh!~ I love your lipstick storage drawers!!~ & your lipstick collection is not little at all! It'll make any beauty guru jealous~ ><

The Glamour Guide said...

Oh my gosh, I love your blog! It's so charming! YAY for make-up organization xD  I was hoping we could follow and friend each other! Thanks!
<3eimi
http://shiikwaasaababy.blogspot.com

Amy said...

what do you think of nyx products in general?

beingpretty said...

really cute collection!!! :)

Eve said...

I love your lipstick collection! I get nervous when I buy too many LOL

Unknown said...

haha not so humble but very impressive collection. and I LOVE TJ MAXX!

MissS.elle said...

Whoaa that's a lot XD Csn't wait to see your favorites!

Bibi said...

Hi hun, thanks for the comment :) I'll start blogging again after next week.

Wow you're so tidy! My make up is all over the place, the hours I've spent searching for my nailpolishes and eyepencils... 70-80 lipsticks?!! Girl you're crazy! *but a good kind of crazy* Really nice collection :D

Alexis the Honey B said...

wow not so little and not so humble! amazing collection!!! let's see your faves!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Mookxi: Thanks for the link! I checked it out earlier. What a cool site! I love organized things.

All: Yes, it's not so humble but I've seen worse :p

Makeup and Mutts said...

That drawer is so cute! I love your collection, it's fabulous :)

sugar sugar said...

the drawers are so wonderful! they look fabulous and seem really great for storing lip products. :D

you have so many lippies. i think i have less than 20 ermmm... or not more than 30! LOL! x)

ice pandora said...

What a collection!
I don't even have that D:
Anyway I hope your family enjoyed their holiday ^__^

xx

mizzsandychau said...

wowww so many lippies! so awesome! i love how you organize them!

나니 said...

I'm diggin' this system! YAY a fellow NYX Black Label fan! OH YEH-YUHHH ; D I needa do the Lipstick tag that Lene tagged me for! D:

Tracy D said...

I heart that organizer so much!

mandy said...

Cute organizer! It sure doesn't look like 70-80 lippies!
When my family visited SF, we went to the golden gate too! But I didn't get to take many pictures near it because I didn't want to go towards the crows lol Instead my family and I just took some pictures by the sign xD I wish we were able to cross it though..

Anonymous said...

Ohh such a cute storage drawer! I like the lime green color. :D
Haha, your lipstick collection is not little at all when compared to mine. (:

Unknown said...

I love your collection!!

Unknown said...

I love your storage! SO cute~ I see a MAC HK lipstick! Which one is it?

??? said...

great way to organize~~~much better than wt i do with mine, which are much messier~~~loland i luv the organizer, the colour is toooo cute~~~~


jessy

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to your Blog Sale!

Laura said...

I am so impressed with your organization! I am terrible at keeping my beauty products in one place. They always wind up scattered everywhere.

Anna said...

wow nice drawers, really solid n sturdy! aw love ya lippies collection!

xoxo elle
ps: i love chick flicks to the max!

Dreamy Princess said...

Woww!! Love to see your lippies collection!((:

I wish I have that ultra collection. It must be so great. But since I rarely go out now, so it will be such a waste to buy lipstickT^T

Oh, can I know which color or brand you like the most?(:

Cheers,
Dreamy Princess

Unknown said...

I like your organizational drawer! Your "humble little" collection is way bigger than mine haha. I've only recently started to get into collecting lipsticks :P

Jen said...

Your drawers look so cute :O
I applaud you on your organization ~
My collection is sitting in a huge clear bin ..
Do you have any particular favourites among your lippies? :)

Donna said...

aw your organizer is super cute! and holy moly you have a lot of lippies i wish i had lots!

Anne Garais said...

wow loads of lipsticks! :))) very oganized. followed you!
<3

http://anneholica.blogspot.com

Frances said...

humble??? HUMBLE???? lol jk! xD your collection looks awesome! I always wished that I'm more into lipsticks than I am now O_O I guess I just don't have the habit of wearing them. But I'm always admiring girls who sport soft pink nude lips >_< Do you have YSL #30 Faubourg Peach? It's so gorgeous but I faint at the price. LOL

ThisIsAlx said...

wow u have a lot of lippies!! I have like 10 in total maybe(n that includes lipbalms><) LOL... I'm soo bad at this ><..