Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oldies but goodies

I think I've been doing pretty good with keeping my makeup addiction at bay =p Everytime I review something new, it's really not new new. I've usually had it for awhile and in queue to be talked about. I haven't actually hauled much things lately, but it doesn't mean I'm not thinking about it, compulsively or otherwise ;) My current want is Dior's Amber Diamond. But since that's not happening... $44 is a little steep for a bronzer (or is it..?)

I've been a little more than obsessed with highlighters lately.  I'm not normally a huge fan of MAC,  but I think their MSF's are aweeesome.  I'm going to do a full post of my MSF collection in the coming days :) I mostly like their LE ones and I've just discovered them not long ago so I had to hunt down many of the discontinued ones o_o





MAC MSF in Porcelain Pink


Although this has been discontinued long ago, I think it's still a pretty coveted blush/highlighter online. I really like the subtle shimmers and the soft pinkish sheen. So girly, and delicate. But the fallout from this highlight, ugh! Sucks.

Here's a cell phone pic of Porcelain Pink.

Another foundation I'm currently loving (besides the Kanebo one I've raved about) =p ...

Shu Uemura Face Architect Smoothing Fluid Foundation - shade 365




I'll be writing a review on this one soon... it's a wonderful foundation that gives a nice medium matte finish! Yay! I'm in love w/it again :)

DSCN2097
Shu foundation and Porcelain Pink earlier in the morning =p I wore the highlight alone. Usually people use on top of another blush.

DSCN2092


DSCN2090

Last 2 pics are taken after work. The blush/highligher does fade because it's so light to begin with. And because I used it alone, I guess. All that's left is some partial shimmer.

Do you like/collect MAC MSF's? Which ones are your favorite?

28 comments:

Kalmo said...

MAC MSFs are gorgeous highlighters. I can't wear them because I'm super oily but I think they're pretty nonetheless. :) The Shu foundation looks awesome on you. I know I've said it before but you have awesome skin. Good job on not spending $$ on new things, I need to do that too.

Makeup and Mutts said...

The MSF looks lovely on you!

??? said...

WOW the MAC MSF look amazing~~~a great warm pink colour~~~i luv it...i wonder if they still sell it at the store...or was it a LE item...i always wanna try Shu items....but never get the chance too...mainly cuz i dont have a location close to me....and whenever i am at the mall that has it...i nvr rmber to look at their stuff...lol


Jessy
threenothing.blogspot.com

frecklesspeckles said...

I love MSFs too. But one pan is big enough to last me a lifetime I guess. My fave is Refined which is also my first MSF. :)

Sheila said...

Wow your skin looks flawless!! Love it =)

Yumiko said...

the foundation looks good on you. very natural and good coverage. how have you been lately?

PinkOrchids said...

I'm not much of a fan of MAC either, but it looks lovely on you. I have that foundation too, unfortunately it's really rubbish on me :( It makes my face super oily. But it seems to look really good on you, lucky! xX

Priscilla said...

I've been wanting to try the MSF natural for a while now but I've heard it breaks people out so I don't want to fork out ~£20 and then be totally disappointed. Also, I should learn from you and stop feeding my make up addiction! Haha :P Xx

Mandy said...

I have never tried MSF but after my spending ban is over this month, I think I will get some MAC MSf's in August. That foundation looks amazing, also!

Ebru said...

Looking forward to your Shu Uemura foundation review, it looks amazing on your skin! :)

Saving Capulet said...

I agree, high lighters are so pretty but I didn't know how to use til I saw a youtube video! you look really pretty in those photoS! Even though you're wearing make up, you still look natural :3

Anonymous said...

I want Dior Amber Diamond too ^_^ It's even more expensive here :/
The MAC MSF looks lovely on you. I think it is similar to my MAC MSF in 'By Candlelight' which I also use as a blush/highlight =D

I want to try Shu Face Architect~ I've heard good things about it!

Anonymous said...

Your skin looks so flawless with this foundation! Just lovely! I've never tried a Shu foundation, but your gorgeous pics are tempting me!
My favourite MSF has to be Stereo Rose. I love it!

Unknown said...

Kalmo: Thanks so much for your sweet comment! :)
Vintage Makeup: Thank you :D
Jessy: Unfortunately, this MSF is LE and I had to buy it above retail but it was worth it!
frecklesspeckles: I love Refined as well! I have to start using it again :D
Shiela: Thanks! :)
Yumiko: Thanks! ^_^ I've been good!
PinkOrchids: Thanks for your comment! I'm sorry the foundation didn't work out for you :( Hope you found something 10x better!
Priscilla: I've heard MAC stuff breaks ppl out to. Hopefully you can find out which ingredient it is.
Mandy: Thanks!
Ebru: Thanks! And I will :D
Saving Capulet: thanks, dear!
PopBlush: Oh no! It shouldn't be more expensive where you are, it's already crazily priced as it is :p
Tracy@Beauty Reflections: That is one MSF I didn't get my hands on! That is the one I want the most right now :)

Jen said...

The MAC MSF pigmentation looks very subtle in your pictures~ Still looks gorgeous !

tiffyama said...

That highlighter looks so pretty on you! I love how you can use it as a blush as well. I'm always attracted to products that provide multi-uses. :] Great foundation too!

Looking forward to your upcoming posts. ^^

amynaree said...

the foundation looks so nice on you, can't wait for the full review :)

Stephanie C said...

if you are liking highlighters you should look into MAC's new collection. The Semi-Precious MSF is gorgeous!

sugar sugar said...

i don't own any MAC MSFs. :( sad... but i think that both products look good on you! i like how natural the products look on your skin once they start to fade. =)

socialitedreams said...

the foundation looks great on you :) i like it a lot

Vonnie
http://www.socialitedreams.com/

Maggie said...

The MSF looks really nice! And of course, you look flawless as usual. xD

Jazzy E (Hivenn) said...

Lovely colours. x hivenn

Anna said...

me not into mac anymore but this definitely make u beautiful!

xoxo elle

Bijin Blair said...

No I don't collect MAC MSFs, I heard that some people breakout from them... =[

Porcelain Pink looks great on you though! XD

Unknown said...

ahh! the shu Uemera foundation looks SO nice! i really wanna try it out now

Anonymous said...

Oh I would love to try the Shu foundation since I love their concealer XD loely post.. yeah I have found myself going back to neglected things too.

Unknown said...

I hear Shu Uemura has an amazing foundation line. I really want to try their cake foundations. The dude at my local salon told me that it looks very natural on the face and it stays matte.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

the foundation looks great on you! i love the dash of colour on your cheeks too over them