Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Review: Quench Bath and Body Natural Skincare

Hey everyone! I've been testing out a few products from Quench Bath and Body's natural skincare line (created by Shashi Srikantan. Girl power! Woo!) that includes the facial wash, lotion and masque. It's a fairly new company that specializes in natural skincare without the uses of parabens, SLS and petroleum. They practice fair trade, use ingredients derived from earth and never test on animals. A lot of its influence is from the ingredients in India.


I used all three products for a duration of 2 weeks or so in rotation with  my own. Here is the lineup:

Quench Facial Wash


Tumeric Facial Wash
The facial wash is has a very liquidy texture and uses turmeric as its main ingredient. The cleanser did not foam at all.. maybe a little at most, and goes on like a gel. I massaged it into my skin for a few seconds before rinsing. After I rinsed the cleanser off, my face was extremely tight. I've used it numerous times but the tightness still prevails. Not only was my face tight and dry, but it didn't feel clean. I was really disappointed with this because I kind of had high expectations for it.

Pros:
+Easy to rinse off

Cons:
-Too heavily scented. Strong incense smell.
-Has no lather
-Made my face very dry and tight


Tumeric Facial Lotion
The facial lotion is a very hydrating emulsion type texture that absorbs very nicely into the skin. My face was instantly softer and lasted for hours. I really love how it felt on my face... it just made my skin brighter, supple and pampered. Maybe there is a reason for the cleanser to be so drying? =p I was much impressed with this. Just the texture alone makes it a worthwhile treat for your face :)

Pros:
+Cross between a face cream and emulsion - makes for easy absorption.
+Not greasy whatsoever! Very smooth.
+Tumeric brightens skin

Cons:
- Very strong incense smell that lingers


Almond Sandal Facial Masque
This is probably my favorite of the three. The masque is an orgy of pamperage for your face! I was thoroughly impressed with the texture and the creaminess. The masque literally absorbs into the skin like a cream. I left it on my face for 5 mins before rinsing it off and it was just the smoothest, easiest rinsing masque ever! It wasn't goopy and didn't take long to get off. I just loved the experience - warm, nurturing, soothing. My face looked instantly brighter and rested after use.

Pros:
+Creamy, non grainy
+Highly absorbent, soothing texture
+Feels like a wash off facial cream

Cons:
-Too heavily scented. Incense smell.

Overall, out of the three products I've tried, the facial lotion and masque were the stand out ones. I know I listed the scent as a con in all of the products. I do have a high tolerance for smells but the musky incense smell in the Quench line was overwhelming. I mean, it's okay and it would be fine if it was lighter, but it's way too strong for me not to have a reaction. Because of the strong smell, I didn't enjoy it as much as I could have. But basing on the products themselves, aside from the strong scent, they still have a lot of improving to do. I can see the potential of this brand, and the idea of having a natural skincare line is great, but they still need to amp up the basic items, especially the facial cleanser.

If you want to look more into Quench Bath and Body, you can visit their website here.

Goodnight all! I'll be back very soon with more reviews and bloggie posts :)

Disclaimer: Small samples were given to me by Quench Bath and Body to review.

19 comments:

breakingrumours said...

Eeek I hate those smell :/ too bad the face wash didnt work out,but thanks for the review!

ice pandora said...

Wow homemade stuff!
Remind me of Lush..

anyway thanks for the review, it's very helpfull :)
I don't like overthetop scented products either..

xx

Aya said...

I hate facial products with strong smell too :/

Mandy said...

I agree about scents. A light scent that fades is something I prefer compared to something strongly scented. Mostly because some fragrances can be irritating,but also because I have my own perfume I want to wear and don't want other scents to ruin it, haha!

PinkOrchids said...

Thanks for the review, i've never heard of this brand. I'm not a fan of heavily scented products, especially the smell of incense! xX

sugar sugar said...

thank you for this honest review dear! this is the first time i have come across this brand. :)

Diana said...

Hey great review! I'm also a fan of using skincare/bodycare/haircare products that do not contain parabens/sulfates/dea/petroleum and am always on the lookout for new ones (particularly on the higher end) to try out! The lotion sounds nice, but I can't stand incense smell! :( I don't mind scents, but incense just sounds like it would be so strong and overwhelming.

Anonymous said...

Great post - i love it!! :)
And thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. And yeah don't you just love Whitney (even her name, is cute :P haha) come back soon!!

Makeup and Mutts said...

I hate heavily scented products, they give me a headache!

Unknown said...

I've used the powder form tumeric on my face with yogurt and while I think it works well for soothing acne...holy crap it stained my face yellow for a few days >< And it smelled strong! But I hear that tumeric is a "miracle" for some people with troubled skin so it's cool to hear they're actually incorporating it into their skincare products.

Lam Lam said...

greattt postt!!!!! i think the great smell could irritate the skinn
And thankyouuu for commenting on my bloggg! i will continue to follow urs!

breakingrumours said...

yup shes pretty awesome with the iron haha. I think you should try Hada Labo's Super Hyaluronic Acid Lotion ,its very good for moisturizing. Fragrance and Alcohol free. Its much better compared to the Arbutin range for moisture. And it feels like the skin drank lots of water after usage! :)

Hollie said...

ooo, I hate overwhelming scents. I always stay from heavily scented products, I feel like they have too much harmful chemicals on them.nice review!

Elaine said...

I'm the same way with scents! I can't stand it!!

Riya~ said...

Great review love!

Unknown said...

This is really interesting. I was supposed to receive the same samples, but for some reason it never reached my mailbox :(

And great review. It seems like all these products are heavily scented. I don't think I'll like that.

Anonymous said...

Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

Amy said...

The moisturizer sounds like a dream~ =) It's probably to combat how dry the cleanser is haha! I'm very curious to try this brand out now.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

blah incense smell. i would have been drawn to the almond masque but sad that it's so strong. thanks for the review and the sweet comment :) you always make me smile every time <3 !