Sunday, March 20, 2011

Review: Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation + FOTD

My obsession with BB creams have kind of died down (WHAT?!?!). No no.. not like that. While I still love BB creams for their multi functional (gimmicky maybe) benefits, I was really missing the beautiful bottles of foundation. I am always on the hunt for foundations and I was so delighted to have stumbled across the Guerlain Lingerie De Peau one. I bought it and tried it out for several weeks. I believe it came out sometime late last year (August/Sept-ish) but I was so absorbed into BB creams at the time that I didn't take a second look at any foundations. Ah well, better now than never.

Guerlain Lingerie De Peau is lightweight foundation that provides sheer coverage  that has the "glow" factor I absolutely cannot be without.




My initial thoughts after buying this foundation was how much I really love it. Although it provides sheer coverage, it really evens out your complexion. I realized what I want from my foundation is even skin and it does just that :)

Shade 02 Beige Claire (Equiv to MAC NC20-25)

What it is: A lightweight foundation that provides sheer coverage that acts like a second skin.
Texture: It's a creamy texture that is more on the liquidy side and spreads very easily when applied with a brush or a finger.
Scent: There is a pleasant smell. I've never tried any Guerlain products before so I can't say if they have a "signature smell" like JS products. The smell is really subtle, and pretty but doesn't linger at all. It goes away nearly instantly after you spread the foundation.
Strengths: Lightweight! And a little goes a long way. My skin is nowhere near perfect and I have a lot of unevenness but half a pump is more than enough to even out my skin tone. Spreads easily because of how liquidy it is. Sheer to medium coverage if you use more.
Weaknesses: Only available in 9 shades. Some people also prefer more coverage and they have another foundation that does just that.
Packaging: The foundation is housed in a luxurious glass bottle with their signature emblem on the cap. A bit heavier than most foundations I own, but really beautiful nonetheless. The pump is very basic and standard but sanitary and easy to use.
Price: $56 on Sephora.
Budget Friendly Alternative: Maybelline Fit Me Foundation $7-12, drugstores... wait for coupons!
Overall: I would definitely repurchase! Besides the hefty price tag, this foundation is near perfect for me. The most important factor for me in a foundation is providing even coverage without having to wear a mask. It's pretty moisturizing and applies really nicely into the skin :) Lighter than a tinted moisturizer. It's great for warmer weather and lasts all work day!






What I'm wearing - FACE -
Guerlain Lingerie De Peau 02 Beige Clare
Dior Blush in Passion Fruit

- EYES -

NYX Brown Eyes Palette 
Maybelline Collosal Mascara 

- LIPS -

Revlon Lipstick "Baby Pink" :)

And the foundation after 8 hrs of wear! I reapplied the lipstick though ;)


Have you ever tried this foundation? What are your thoughts? As always, thank you for reading! :)

44 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the sound of foundations that give me a glow! Lightweight is perfect for summer too :)

Pretty fotd. I want that Dior blush!! Lol

Unknown said...

I have never tried this foundation but it looks so nice on you, hun! I also like baby pink on you too. It looks so moisturizing too. The ones I have are rather dry,,, maybe too old already><? I have such pigmented lips I don't think it would do a good job covering :( But I Really Really like it on you. So feminine and fresh! <3

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

that foundation looks gorgeous on you~ and it's a great color match! I've tried to purchase before (well I went to the counter...) and they matched me with this awful color so I didn't go back! Did you use powder on top? great review~ ^^

EllysMakeupbag said...

Thanks for this review! I really want to try it, so many bloggers rave about it.

mandy said...

Too high-end/expensive for me. But I might make exceptions for face/base products in the future. :P
It looks great on you! I wouldn't be able to tell that you don't have perfect skin..let alone have foundation on! This foundations sounds like something I'd really like..maybe I'll try to get a sample the next time I go to Sephora. I don't know why I forgot about this when I was at 2 Sephoras yeterday xD

Pammy said...

Love the FOTD! Your skin looks great and the foundie looks really natural on you. :)

CAMILLA said...

i love that liquid foundation, i never tried it, but i will give it a try...

Stephanie said...

I haven't tried the one you posted, but I do use Guerlain primer and have one foundation. It's a shade too dark so I haven't really gotten to enjoy their foundation just yet. :)

I just ordered Chanel Pro Lumiere, I can't wait to see how it works out!

Mindy♥ said...

Ooohhh sounds tempting. I totally know what you mean about missing foundation after using BB creams. I went through this non-foundation phase and I was missing foundations sooo much. Now I switch back and forth and feel much better. lol

Ashley said...

Oof the price is too much for me right now but your skin looks gorgeous! This is definitely on my "to buy list" after I finish my 20+ stash of foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB creams!

Angela said...

This seems like a great little product and looks stunning on you but I need a hell of a lot more coverage! haha

Love the look of that NYX palette, too...

sugar sugar said...

it looks so natural and lovely on you! =)

Anonymous said...

Yeah I love my YSL lippies.. thanks sweetie ^.^

Amy said...

Thanks for the review Jen! I haven't tried any Gurlain products, but this sound good- will definitely check it out next time I go to sephora :)
Oh and baby pink looks sooooooooo pretty on you! Wish I had pretty lips, too.

Georgina said...

the swatch looks amazing!!! so smooth, creamy and moist! haha i want to try! :)

Aya said...

It looks really good on you! :D

.blushfully. said...

When this first came out I love the idea of it but I was in search of a better coverage kind of foundation. Guerlain products are something I've always loved. I have the other foundation - the Parure Aqua and it's also nice. Hehehe...

This matches you so well like you're wearing nothing at all but flawless awesome natural skin!

xoxo
blushfully.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

this shade looks lovely on you, so natural, would love to test it out =]
pretty FOTD x

Amy said...

Wow, the foundation looks lovely! Sounds good, too! I hate heavy think foudation! Think it's worth investing in one for myself?

Also, love the lipstick colour on you..although, It probably wouldn't suit me :((

Donna said...

:D it does look very natural! is it dewy at all? i love sheer finishes too, especially during the day <3

loving your blush!!! <3

Kileen said...

wow, this foundation looks incredible on you!! your skin looks flawless. i'm still stuck on BB creams myself but i might just give this one a try!

cute & little

Larie said...

This is my foundation of choice now, too!

Makeup and Mutts said...

I love the lipstick!

The foundation looks nice too, I haven't tried it. :)

Tracy D said...

Your skin looks great with this foundation..not a mask like effect at all, really natural :)

MissS.elle said...

Omg thank you for the review!! It looks gorgeous and flawless but yet natural! Have you tried the Dior Nudeskin liquid foundation though? If you did, how these 2 compares? :)

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!

xo thefashionguitar

tiffyama said...

Thanks for this review!!! Looks great on you. :] If ever...I will have to save up to try this one out! heh.

Amy said...

Thanks for posting a comment on my blog! ^_^
That foundation looks like it holds up very well! I also prefer BB creams just because it gives a lot of coverage!

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

This foundation looks gorgeous on you! But of course, you are already gorgeous! I'd love to try it, but I find Guerlain foundations are too dark for me-does this come in something for an NW15?

yourstrulypam said...

Your skin is flawless. I still need to find a good foundation for my skin. Still searching.

Burning Skies said...

Nice review! Will def. check this out.

http://burningskyy.tumblr.com

augustalolita said...

love the pink hues on you <3

Hazel said...

the packaging does look good! it could pass up as a bottle of perfume :)

Unknown said...

thankyou for wishing me a happy bday ^^

and i really like your blog, so i will definitely follow!

xox

Anonymous said...

Let me know how the look goes for you! xoxo

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review! It looks really natural and lightweight on your skin :) Too bad it's so pricey though at $56 :( I didn't even know Sephora carried Guerlain cosmetics - that's something I'll have to remember for next time :D

mizzsandychau said...

heyhey i have awarded you the stylish blogger award =)

Lisa said...

ohhh i'm def going to have to try this.. i love foundations that give you a "glow" and this foundation looks absolutely stunning on you!! your skin looks like porclein!

Yumiko said...

love the natural look on you. i'm glad the foundation is lightweight. I'll definitely give it a try when I go to Sephora. BTW. the dior blush on you looks great on your cheeks.

aki! said...

You look great! And I'm really digging the shade of lipstick, even though you reapplied.

Eva said...

this foundation looks amazing!! so natural!

Anonymous said...

Baby Pink looks so gorgeous!

Unknown said...

You look gorgeous! Really love the look~

Riya~ said...

you are so pretty! I love it!