Saturday, March 12, 2011

Canmake Nudy Glow + MAC Quick Tease swatches

Good morning, lovelies :) I hope you all had a pleasant week. I love going to the Japanese supermarkets for their beauty/cosmetic isles. I came across the Canmake Nudy Glow gloss and was so excited!! I've been wanting to get one for so long w/o ordering online.



I got it in 01 Rose Macaroon :) I saw these swatches from Maddy Loves and Mac Nunu awhile ago... LOL
Unfortunately, this was the only shade available at the store. I really wanted to try Strawberry Whip o_o

The applicator is a soft lip brush similar to the Dior lip glosses. I can't make up my mind whether I prefer sponge applicators or brushes. I do like how i can "paint" my lips though :) It feels really special.

This lip gloss is love! I love love love love LOVE it so much! I don't consider this to be your regular run of the mill drugstore glosses, because it is really pigmented and feels really luxurious on your lips. It lasts probably about 4-5 hours on a given day. Most lip glosses become lackluster after 4-5 hours anyway but this one doesn't leave a streaky mess or an ugly lip line ring =p

Gorgeous! Rose Macaroon should be called Pink Macaroon because it is a nudy pink color. It falls in the nude category for me. It gives a nice opaque color with two coats of gloss.


When you apply the gloss w/the lip brush that it comes with, it's pretty streaky. I used my ring finger to blend in the lip gloss.


I'm excited to try the other shades, but I'm pretty happy with this one. I  love it so much at the moment! <3

NOTE: I bought the Canmake gloss at Mitsuwa Supermarket, but it's readily available online if you don't live near one. You can try to see if Marukai stores have it as well. I know Marukai ships via Fedex within the US... but the shipping charges are crazy =p The gloss was  less than $10.

Another lip gloss I'm really loving at the moment is MAC's Quick Tease. Unfortunately it's a discontinued  shade but I've seen them at CCOs, Ebay, Comsetics Wholesale, and Amazon. I don't really follow the collections that MAC comes out with because it feels like they have so many one after another. I'm not even sure what they're displaying right now... Wonder Woman or something? o_o Charm Pale? I don't know. I usually get my MAC fixes at beauty outlets or online.


Quick Tease is a vampy berry plum shade. I'm loving these vampy fall shades. I normally never venture to those colors because it's wayyy to bold for me, especially at work. But it's totally wearable!


I love the shimmers in it. It's sparkly but not overly so. It particularly looks nice when it's cold and cloudy outside. The warmth of the color really warms up your face :)

The thought of having two contrasting lip glosses in my makeup bag makes me feel complete. It's as if I can achieve any look with the swipe of a lip color o_~ haha, crazy. 

What are your favorites these days? Fan of Canmake or Mac? :)

Enjoy your weekend everyone! :) I am looking forward to Korean BBQ tonight! Yum!


Thank you for your continuous support on my blog :) You guys are the best! <3

58 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Jen, I want to try canmake cosmetics so bad! Quick tease is such a lovely and bold color. Very nice.

Ashley said...

I'm not even a lipgloss kind of girl but I really want to try Canmake lipglosses now! It looks like a light pink cross between nude :P

Unknown said...

i am LOVING that canmake lip gloss! where did you buy it? it's such a beautiful pale pink! i'm also lusting over your chanel lipsticks in the previous blogpost. i want i want! :)

and thanks for the congrats ^^ i really appreciate it!

Liana said...

wow those are gorgeous! i really love the pinky nude shade of the canmake one, but the bright sparkly shade is so pretty too! you have really perfect teeth btw :)

Fashion Bag 411
Beauty Bag 411

Stephanie said...

Your lips are so pretty & perfect! Any lip color would look amazing. I love both on you! Where did you find Canmake?! I've been interested in trying either their lipstick, gloss, or both! ^_^ haha oh what fun it is to be a girl! <3

Happy weekend!

mandy said...

You make the lip glosses look so nice! :P I wonder if any of the Japanese supermarkets in NYC have beauty sections..I'd definitely try this if I find it since I had such a small lip gloss collection!

Makeup and Mutts said...

I love the first lip gloss! :)

Unknown said...

Both colors look beautiful on you! I've heard of Canmake, but never tried their products. I'll keep the glosses in mind :)

나니 said...

1. your teeth are SO nice! : O woahhh!
2. The Canmake gloss is so pretty! I really wanna try them : /

Tracy D said...

Never heard of Canmake but that is a gorgeous gloss!!

Unknown said...

Wow looks good! I'm going to have to go hunting for it too! Did you find it in a boutique?

Gloria said...

Canmake is going on my to buy list :D Thanks so much for the swatch and review. I was debating between canmake and melish. What the heck, maybe I'll get both.

Unknown said...

Canmake is #1 on my japanese brands to try list :D that quick tease is so pretty! I'm so into bright lipsticks these days xD

Unknown said...

And random (slightly creepy) comment:...I love your teeth ^^

Aya said...

Wow both shades look so good on you! The Canmake one is lovely!

Georgina said...

i have this in the same shade and i love it as well! its the prettiest one out of all the nudyglows imo. :)

yay to finally getting it! :)

blogger said...

they look great on you :) i want to try out canmake next time^^

Unknown said...

Jessu, Jenny: Thanks!!! :) Your thoughts are super appreciated :D Try Mitsuwa or Marukai Supermarkets!

Elle: You are not creepy at all :) Thanks! You are so sweet.

All: Thanks! :) It really is a must try if you're into glosses. These are really nice, comparable to high end brands for sure. The texture is so much like Dior's!

Isabel said...

Oh I would love to try out Canmake stuff. Saw them the other day but decided not to since I already have so much makeup

CHARRY said...

The canmake is indeed a nice shade! nice review. Btw, followed you ;)

mineral cosmetics said...

Nice colors.The sheen in the gloss makes the lips look fresh and lively.Which is why they are so popular with one and all.Love the shades.

Mara said...

Wow, that Canmake glosss is so beautiful. I can't wait until I can get to a asian store to pick one up. I really like it on you.

Unknown said...

Very pretty x

Hello Naka said...

it looks great on ^^ nice review :) i want to try them all :3

Femme Virtue said...

i love the Quick Tease shade! it such a nice color!

Boxed Up Beauty said...

pretty Love both colors! matches you well.

Mary

Maggie said...

The Canmake gloss looks gorgeous! I've been wanting them since I first saw them on a few blogs a year ago. :)

I've tried neither MAC of Canmake but I'd looove both (greedy I know). I hear MAC lipglasses are quite sticky though.

Hollie said...

These are truely gorgeous colors! I super love the Canmake shade on your lips, it's sooo pretty.

thanks for visiting my blog. I followed you through GFC. Hope you follow me back.

have a lovely day!

breakingrumours said...

really good swatches and gorgeous colors! hello i'm new to your blog :D saw your blog listed on another beauty site and my what an interesting blog name!that made me click and here i am. rainy days and lattes ;)

Donna said...

great swatches! the colors look so pigmented and beautiful

Unknown said...

Dude, I love your mole! It's so pretty. My niece has the same mole and it gives her a sexy look hehe...

By the way, I've been seeing the brand Canmake at Asian markets over here but I never thought of buying them. The gloss looks really, really pretty! And you're right, it looks more pink that rosey lol.

Oh and in response to your comment, I really hope you get to visit San Pedro Wholesale Mart. It really is amazing. You'll get tired of walking but it's so worth it lol.

Christina said...

loooove the canmake on you!!:D

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

thanks for the sweet comment, jen! your lips look so pretty and baby soft. i like both colours though leaning a bit more towards the baby pink : ) hehe yes, being an adult can be quite fun though i've been mostly doing the work and not the play gah

Anonymous said...

I really really like the shade Rose Macaroon! I saw the Canmake Lipglosses when I was in asia and was so tempted to buy it but I didnt end up getting it as I have quite a lot of lipglosses I need to get through!

Oh, quite a few are telling me the Biore cleansers weren't that great :( I hope it works well for me- fingers crossed!

Unknown said...

I only own the canmake blush, but I really want to try some of their products. Thanks for the post!

Lisa said...

aww jen thank you for your sweet comments :)

i'm glad i could help you feel like you were on vacay a little bit while at work hehehe

omg i really love the first color! that is so pretty.. where can i get this brand at?? i love this color!!

Lisa said...

oh hahha i see it now.. sorry marukai got it! thanks :)

Unknown said...

All: Thank you for all your sweet comments!!! I am swelling w/love from the blogger community :)

TK said...

Thank you for stopping by! :) I love wearing Fuschia or any shade of pink nail color!!! <3

And that plum lipgloss is sooo pretty!! It makes your teeth look super white!! :)

Anonymous said...

Quick Tease looks good on your lips shape :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah, concealer does wonder doesn't it?! hehe ;)

PetiteXXS said...

I think they both look good on you! :)

Emily Quak said...

I am a little bit lip-colour-crazy right now. Your Canmake gloss has made it onto my covet list! :(

Angela said...

OMG, that CANMAKE gloss looks amazing! Such a lush colour.

Chloe Mia said...

Very pretty i love the sparkle!

aki! said...

Can I say that your lips look lovely in these swatches? They do. =)

I passed on a Versatile Blogger Award to you. Check out my blog for more info. =)

Anonymous said...

I think Sportsgirl is an Australian brand :)
Yup, they are wearable and especially for that price, I can't complain! haha :D

ice pandora said...

Oehhh, the Rose Macaroon looks nice!
anyway,
I'm holding a giveaway, so if you are intrested:
___________________________
My giveaway: win a pair of nerdi glasses necklace click here!
xx

Choiii said...

I have heard so much about canmake, the lips glosses and blushers, if only we can get it in uk. You're lips look lovely btw :)

Cominica said...

pretty shades! im going to get canmake once i go to sg :D

for the love of beauty by lara said...

both colors look lovely! id love to try canmake!
love the name of ur blog btw ^^

Ke said...

Hey Jen! I just wanted to let you know that I awarded you with the Versatile Bloggers Award! Come to my blog to check it out :)

blissfullyke.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Aww, I'm sure you looked beautiful hun! I bet you looked gorgeous on your photo day! Let me know how the photos turned out :)

When I was younger, I used to get all nervous on 'photo days', that I would sometimes overdo the concealer and in photos I turn out so white cast! hahaha.

Thank you for your comment about my eyes~ *blushes*

Yumiko said...

Hey Jen. The Rose Macaroon Canmake lip gloss looks great on you. If only..I had a store near here! I would go on a shopping rage. Thanks for the info.

a said...

i absolutely love those two colours on you!

Eleanor said...

I've always wanted to get a Canmake lipgloss but I'm not really sure if it's really that good or not. After your post, I've made up my mind to get one tmr! :D

Anonymous said...

That is the *perfect* nude lipgloss, gosh canmake why you gotta be so far away? ;P

Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet comments! =D

Daisy said...

nicest set of teeth!