Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brief Review of Sana Nameraka Face Cream

Hey everyone! I'm so excited about this cream right now that I just NEED to blog about it! I've only used it for about two weeks but I just love how it feels on my skin. I didn't expect much when I bought it and just kept it stored away for awhile. How lame am I? O_O

Sana Nameraka Face Cream

Here's the breakdown!

What it is: A thick white cream perfect for nighttime use. It is formulated with organic soybeans and contains plant collagen (from the soybeans) for your skin to absorb. Because I can't translate from direct Japanese, I don't know the full claims of this cream. Darn!





Texture: It feels like what you normally are used to in a jar. Like a concentrated emulsion with mask-like moisture, hence the thick cream. 





Scent: They say there is no scent but we all know there is no such thing! The scent is the typical no scent smell. Pretty faint glue stick smell that goes away instantly.
Strengths: Really moisturizing and not sticky! My skin felt really supple and soft in the morning. Can we say hardworking soy beans? :p
Weaknesses: None for me, and I have combo skin toward the oilier side.  
PackagingPlastic jar. It's practical what it's housed in, but I sometimes get fearful of creams in plastic jars (plastic in general) because of the whole plastic BPA chemical thing. Price: $10 on AdamBeauty, $15 on Sasa.com for 50g (1.7 oz) of product.
Overall: This cream is the very basic of skincare. It's a nice thick cream that provides good moisturization and minimal efforts. It probably has skin brightening properties from the soybeans so that is always a plus. I really like it! It's a rich cream, it's basic and it's affordable. I love how it feels. This is a definite repurchase for me! I have yet to try the entire line, but I'm pretty happy with this overall.


Your thoughts? :) I'd love to hear what you thought of it or if you've tried other products in this line! Do share! 


Find me on Twitter!



By: TwitterButtons.com


29 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't tried this particular product but I have tried Sana's face wash. It was okay. This product seems to be a good one though. I love the feeling of supple-ness when I wake up~ and it is pretty affordable too!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing :)
the product looks good and i think anything with soy in it is good for the skin. i havent tried thick creams, but i use vitamin c serum. i have oily skin and i live in a tropical country, so light creams are good for my skin type.

Ling @thebestbeautyblog said...

I basically love all Japanese and Korean skincare brands!!!

breakingrumours said...

would like to try this one day! looks good! :)

Donna said...

no i've never tried that line (or most asian) skin care products -_- fail. oh wait except for haircare i have lol! i wish they are readily available here. anything that makes your skin moisturized and supple is always a great thing :)

나니 said...

OHHHH I should definitely try this : D But I really wanna try Naruko's eye jelly first >_<"

Gloria said...

Will be checking this out soon! Thanks. The price is really not bad :)

Unknown said...

ooh that sounds really cool. I might have to check it out. But I'm pretty loyal to my Origins rejuvenating cream.

Makeup and Mutts said...

It sounds great! Awesome review. :)

*~kAy~* said...

I'm using this right now too! :P
I love it :3
it really does feel very rich and smooth :3

Unknown said...

Thanks for the review! This sounds like a very good, basic night time moisturizer, and it's great that it's not too expensive either. I'll have to keep this in mind when I'm done with my Laneige night cream :)

Unknown said...

Never heard of this before, but it sounds like a really good product. I've never tired anything with soybeans and its so intriguing. The price is really good too.

Unknown said...

By the way, you really gotta get that WnW ColorIcon blush in Pearlescent Pink. You will love it.

sugar sugar said...

great review! i definitely want to try this. :)

ice pandora said...

Ohhh I never heard of this cream before but it sounds nice, thanks to your review!
I also like the idea of some natural ingredients like soy beans!

anyway xx

25FLNDN said...

Looks like a nice simple cream! Sometimes the good basics are hard to find :)

Jenni said...

sounds lovely! i might try this next time after finishing my Sana Hadanomy collagen cream :)

Anonymous said...

This sounds lovely! I really want to try it now.

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i've been wanting to get some whitening creams but summer is here so there's no use for now..haha! i know i'll just soak up under the sun until summer ends...hihi.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Riya~ said...

Thanks for the review dear, it helps a lot!

Lisa said...

wow this product looks exactly the same texture and consistency of my la mer moisturizing gel.. i think i'm going to have to try this.. because la mer is just so bleepin' expensive!!

omg you sooo have to go to cafe bakery the hong kong food there is SO YUMMY!

/ xw said...

Love your blog! Thanks for visiting. I'm following you now - feel free to follow back! Great reviews!

amynaree said...

this cream sounds good, i must try!

Mara said...

I've been looking for a cheap and easy to use nightcream. Great recommendation. I need to look into this.

Unknown said...

This looks nice. I have had really dry skin recently, and it looks very hydrating.

uhooi said...

nice blog.. and good article :)
succsess for you :)
visit our blog at http://uhooi.blogspot.com/

Best Dark Circle Eye Cream said...

information and interesting blogs.

IchigoBunnie said...

i had bought this and used quite a lot of it, but it was more of a 3/5 for me since it didnt do good nor bad for my skin. it was kinda thick for my combo/oily skin. glad it worked out for you tho! :)

Kevin Jang said...

They actually have a new whitening/brightening line for this series of Nameraka (fermented soybean extract) line from SANA. I am currently living in Japan and working there, and noticed that line launched just months ago. The brightening line is in fact cheaper than the Co-enzyme Q10 line. A British friend(of African descent) told me that when he was buying stuff for his skin, and not knowing much in the way of Japanese skincare, grabbed this line's Q10 cream, at 1260 Yen, around USD 15 or so, and he loved it. Been on the 2nd jar as far as he told me. I got the brightening line's cream, since I had some blotchy spots from some small outbreak on my forehead which is now gone, but want the skin to be restored to its original tone faster. Will tell you how it goes later after a while of use. I personally liked the Q10 face wash in this line, and also the basic soy bean emulsion. They are rather cheap, retailing at around 598Yen, and way cheaper than American sites.