Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Current Favorite Blushes and other March favorites

I was trying to think of a clever title but I totally failed that o_o I guess this post speaks for itself, doesn't it? Over the past few months, I realized that I am an impetuous blush hoarder. Anything that tickles my fancy, I need and nothing will get in the way. Well, maybe some things... like a budget.


Stila - Make Me Blush


I first saw this blush when other bloggers snagged it for Valentine's Day. It came in a set with the blush, and a lip gloss. It was sold out everywhere by the time I finished reading the reviews... darn. Don't you love the gorgeous multi toned cheek color?  I finally got around to getting just the blush :) It's such an iridescent combination of corals, pinks and peachy gold tones. Extremely pigmented as well! I'm loving it!



The other blushes I'm currently crazy about is the Illamasqua blushes! I've been reading a lot about them and I  realize what a MUST HAVE they are! I bought Katie immediately because i love pastel pinks. Perfect for that hint of color like you just came back from the gym :)



Very true to pan. I adore this color so much. I really want to get Lover and Excite now! They're pretty pricey at $24 each so I have to be careful!

Other favorites...

Stila's It Girl palette - I've been using this a lot because it's a pretty fool proof set of colors. The eyeshadows are really soft and silky and I'm loving the pretty neutrals.

Stila Little Black Dress Gel Liner - I've had this for awhile now and didn't open it until recently. It's such a pretty liner. Fortunately or unfortunately, there is very fine purple and pinkish glitters in it. It doesn't bother me because I find it to be a nice change from what I regularly use. It makes my eyeshadow appear more vibrant and my eyes less tired :)

Dior Show Mascara - Just an intensely dark, very luxurious mascara to have. There isn't much to be said about it because it does what it does :)

Alright, that's it for now. More tomorrow! :) Goodnight!

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg, I wanted to get the exact same Illamasqua blush but they didnt have any stock left so I settled for "Nymph". Now that I see the swatch I have to get it!

Do you think there are any dupes for that shade? :D

Diane said...

Haha, "impetuous blush hoarder", I'm the exact same way- maybe we should start a club. =)

The Stila Make Me Blush is so pretty, I'm glad I got it when I did, I love how pigmented it is. Oh wow the Katie blush is so pretty too, I don't own a lot of pastel pink blushes. I should check this one out. Thanks for the swatch.

Angela said...

OMG I want the Stila and Illamasqua blushes! Sooo pretty!

Hussy said...

I love blush!! I definitely have to check out Illamasqua's blushes

/ xw said...

I haven't tried any Illamsqua products, but have been wanting to. Where do you buy them?

Donna said...

i loooove blushes too!!!!!! <3 i keep seeing that heart blush from sephora before! reminds me so much of the physicians formula hearth blush :) i've never tried illamasqua blushes before tho, but that pastel shade looks very sweet and girly :D

Unknown said...

Susan: You can find them at Sephora or Sephora online, which was where I got it from :p

Pop Blush: I'm def on the hunt for dupes! I'll let you know if I find any :) Although I find that a lot of Japanese matte blushes can be similar :)

Unknown said...

Diane: Yes, I agree w/you. Club it is! What is it about blush? So many women I know lust after it! I wonder if this is saying something about our fleeting youth? :p

Tracy@Beauty Reflections said...

As a blush fiend, I NEED that Illamasqua blush! NEED it!! I wish it was available in Canada. :(

Tracy D said...

Some great favourites, I am such a blush hoarder...I can't seem to get enough!

Gaby Fauchon said...

The Stila blush definitely looks gorgeous!

Stephanie said...

The Stila blush is so pretty!!! LOVE all those colors in the pan :D

Emily♥ 에밀리 ♥エミリー said...

Wow, those blushes are gorgeous! I'm kind of a blush you-know-what.. though I mainly stick to baby pinks, corals, and berry shades, that doesn't stop me from buying anything that looks pretty lol. :)

Makeup and Mutts said...

I looove the color of the Illamasqua blush, have you tried using it as an eyeshadow? :)

sugar sugar said...

great picks! that illamasqua blush seems so pretty! =)

mayaari said...

I've heard really good things about the Illamasqua blushes, I wish the Sephora near me actually had a display so I could test them in person!

Rae said...

Love the Illamasqua one, really nice color.

amynaree said...

the stila blush is so cute!

??? said...

thx for dropping by my blog~~~and for hit me with a comment~~~

i luv the Illamasqua blush, so sheer and natural~~~

Leenda said...

The blushes look really nice! Especially the illamasqua blush..it looks really unique. =] The eyshadow colors look like colors I would use on a daily basis. I love neutral colors. hahah

Lilladylife said...

yay for blush hoarders!!! the stila blush is uber cute! I jhave katie and lover theyre amazing! i swatched Excite today! there was heavy consideration!! lol i love my stila liner, lasted me yrs and nv dried out!
great favorites!

Georgina said...

illamasqua Katie looks gorgeous!!! i want! :)

Unknown said...

I absolutely love Illamasqua blushes. One of the best blushes in my opinion. That one is really nice too!

mizztraveller said...

Illamasqua really looks great . i really wanted try it soon. thx for sharing the nice product .

Aya said...

Loooove the blushes! :D

Kalmo said...

Oh that Stila blush is gorgeous, saw it Urban Outfitters and almost out it. I used to be a blush hoarder too LOL. Thanks for the beautiful swatches.

Unknown said...

The Stila Blush catches my eye tho most even though illamasqua's prolly more expensive ^^ I really want to try illamasqua toxic nature polish release tho!

Strawberry Freckleface said...

Love these colors!

I have a Free People give-away on my blog if you haven't already entered!
strawberry freckleface

Isabel said...

Ahhh! Stila blush looks lovely... *stares at swatches*