Monday, March 7, 2011

Chanel Lipsticks, Recent Buys and a Few Favorites

Who doesn't like Chanel? I have an understated love their lipsticks. Always have. Although I own a very small collection, I have a vast love for lip colors and have an embarrassingly large collection (60+, little more, little less) of lipsticks! :p




Chanel Rouge Allure in Emotion is a gorgeous satin-y rose peach shade with a gold sheen. I feel wonderful whenever I wear Emotion, because of how the lip color  adds dimension to your face with its blend of three fabulously elegant colors - rose pink, peach and gold.

Chanel Rouge Allure in Ardent is a seamlessly beautiful sheer to medium rosy coral shade with gold flecks. This one is HG because of how wearable it is. This shade reminds me of the spring bloom, and all the gorgeous florals of the season in one lipstick tube :)

Rouge Coco Legende is a complex creamy mauve pink/fuchsia shade. I can't really describe it any other way without sounding crazy. I absolutely adore this lipstick because it truly livens up the face on a cold day. It's that's youthful pink shade that you achieve when sucking on a red lollipop :)

Overall, I adore Chanel lipsticks. They're hydrating enough (not extremely though), and have wonderful color payoff. It's a bit of an "investment" lipstick ($30) but for a lipstick junkie like myself, I'm willing to find them online for better prices or simply just own a few without going overboard. They make me feel so grown up when I have them in my makeup bag at work. I love them so much that I hardly reapply because I just love being in their presence. Yup, I'm fully aware of how insane that sounds.


Here are some recent lipstick purchases I made :)


YSL Rouge Volupte in Peach Passion 

It's a very cool tone peachy, coral shade that is creamy and luxurious on the lips. The subtle mango scent is also really refreshing and reminds me of the warmer days.

I've only worn this a handful of times, mostly on the weekends. I know a ton of people love this lipstick because of how creamy it is, but isn't it too creamy? I feel like it practically falls off my lips! o_o Since the pigmentation of this lipstick is outrageously so, I just swipe very lightly on my bottom lip and use my ring finger to blend the color. I love the beautiful ripe peach color, and the intense coral, but the creaminess of the lip color always feels like I've over applied unless you use your fingers (which I prefer anyway) but it's easy to waste the lipstick with that kind of consistency. 

Dior Addict Ultra Gloss in Reflect 417 Pink Liberty
I don't have any swatches yet, sorry! This is a beautiful pearly lip gloss with light reflecting shimmer that makes your lips really glossy. I own both this and the Lace Beige which is a dark nude and I will show you later :) The tube looks so luxurious by itself, doesn't it? I can tell you that it's a really pearly pink that is especially charming in the daytime.

I also went to Walgreens last night and saw that they had a clearance on all their Yes to Carrots body butters!

I picked up 3 of these! These body butters mean serious business. They are super hydrating and really effective toward dry skin. I own the Yes to Cucumbers one and I love the refreshing scent. These butters have no parabens or bad ingredients. And carrots naturally brighten your skin :) Yay! I have enough butters for the next few months.

Here are some of my favorites for Jan and Feb :)


Dior blush in Passion Fruit (find it here) :D I've been using this blush almost everyday! I absolutely love it! It comes in two shades - one that is a blush and one that acts like a highlighter. The two work together beautifully to create a really pretty glow. Both are peachy shades! I love it soooooo much. This is my first Dior blush and I'm curious to see how the others compare. Do you love it? Hate it? :)


Sonia Kashuk blush in Lilly :) I can't even emphasize how much I love this blush. It's so pigmented (at least for me) and so pretty. It's a flattering matte pink with a bit of mauve to keep it warm on the face. I used this a lot in Feb and love this as an everyday color. Really natural and healthy looking. I'm growing a love toward Sonia Kashuk cosmetics! I also love the magnetic closure of this blush too :) Yay! I love blushes. You can find these at Target stores or online :)

This post took me all day to do! LOL I stopped in the middle to run errands.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

...And don't forget to follow me on Twitter! :) See you there!

By: TwitterButtons.com


                      

31 comments:

Fruity Lashes said...

chanel and YSL make really nice lipsticks. i want the rouge coco legend for myself. i had a sample that has it in it which i think so pretty. i love peach colored blushes a lot especially something that you can wear everyday. i need to check out passion fruit someday.

Pammy said...

Passion Fruit was also my first Dior blush! It was just a little too shimmery for my liking. :(

Those Chanel, YSL, and Dior lippies are to die for! Very pretty! :P

Mindy♥ said...

Ahhh you have twitter! :off to follow: lol
I would love to see your lipstick collection sometime... you definitely have a collection going on! Pretty colors. I need to grab a Chanel lipstick sometime xD

Kileen said...

ooh, i've never tried chanel or ysl lipsticks. they look so beautiful and the creamy texture does really appeal to me!

cute and little

Gaby Fauchon said...

I really want to try one of these YSL Rouge Volupte lipsticks, but I can't decide on the shade! And the yes To carrots Body Butters looks yummy (=

Saving Capulet said...

oh I've heard nothing but great things about chanel and ysl lippies! they are just so mad expensive here!

Tracy D said...

I love the look of that Sonia Kashuk blush, so pretty. I'd love to see how you store all those beautiful lipsticks!

Gloria said...

Wow, 40% bonus AND 50% off, now that's a deal! I'm somewhat glad I don't have the money for high end makeup because your posts sure tempt me :P

Lulu said...

i love the yes to carrot body butters! you got such a great deal on them :)

MissS.elle said...

I love Dior packaging. They are just amazing and if I was millionaire, I would buy the entire makeup collection to decorate my vanity LOLL!!

Boxed Up Beauty said...

YSL has been on my list for awhile! Thanks for sharing the chanel swatches! need to look into them as well. Love the Dior blush! I have a differnt one and i love it!

Mary

Mara said...

Oh, my you're a lipstick junkie....LOL. I swatched the YSL lippy & I love the feel of it. I wish I could fork over the $$ for it, maybe one of these days. Great swatches....oh and please do a FOTD with that Doir blush.

Karen said...

Jen, many girls do indeed desire Chanel.. and I can understand why having one with you gives you a grown-up feeling! Wow I'd love to see a review on the Yes to Carrot body butters.. I wonder if they are comparable to The Body Shop ones?

Btw thanks & I loved White Rabbit candies too :D

Joey said...

Hmmm...can I claim to like Chanel even though I don't own anything Chanel? I just like to stare longingly at window shops ;)
60+?! You have a massive collection! Nice!
Yes to Carrots is such a cute brand name

Unknown said...

Oooo nice haul! I would love to own a Chanel, Dior, and YSL lipstick - I love the elegant packaging. And that is a crazy amount of lipsticks you own!

Anonymous said...

Oooh I love your haul!! Love the YSL lippie and the Dior gloss! Cant wait to see swatches :)

I don't own any Chanel lippies (unfortunately) but that 'ardent' is a gorgeous shade..

Unknown said...

All: I can't wait to show you a FOTD with the lispticks and the blush :) And a Yes to Carrots comparison w/body shop butters. :)

Judy Nguyen said...

love chanel! great finds

Lisa said...

omg the chanel rouge allure is such a gorgeous color!! i think i'll need to pick that up.. i love that dior uses the lady dior print in it's makeup it's so cute!

serenadeveryday said...

{*WOW} Nice collection of lipsticks! I don't know how girls do it. Girls that wear so much lipstick. I'm so lazy when it comes to reapplying. Also my lips are oddly chapped all the time. I don't think you have that problem looking at your photos. =p

I really like the Dior blush. Is it a peachy color or does it come out orange?

<3 s.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I'm going to have to try the carrots body butters if you say it's so good ! I've seen it on the shelves before and never paid much attention but I use up a lot so I'll give it a go ;-)

I haven't tried many Chanel lipsticks but I have a deluxe sample in Mademoiselle which I love ! I also find that the YSL lipsticks are too creamy and a lot of pink shades are not flattering with my skin tone !

Unknown said...

HAHA I would love to see your lippies collection. I bet it's awesome!

I also have the Yes To Carrots body butter but I haven't tried it yet.

anatanoting said...

ysl lip sticks are very cream and I absolutely love them.

TK said...

Sorry for the extremely late reply! :)
I've never of Napolean Perdis makeup...hMmMm :/ hehe

P.S. That YSL lipstick looks amazing!!!!!

jane said...

thanks for stopping by :)
I absolutely love this post because it's so informative! I need to try the second color! *_*

<3<3

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comments!
And great choices on the lipsticks. I love the rouge cocos as well as YSl rouge voluptes.

sugar sugar said...

the dior blush is extremely pretty! i have heard so many good things about the yes to carrots line! :D i want to try that line too LOL! =D

rakhshanda said...

Woww such lovely shades!! Great blog honey...try checking out mine-
http://www.chamberofbeauty.com
Hope you follow too:)
Will def follow back:)

Unknown said...

Really? You studied Lit? That is so awesome!

Candace Shiflet said...

love the colors. You have quite the eye for em :)

Come read about my Lovely Little Rants ♥

Rhenicia said...

I love all of the dior addict lip glosses! The packaging is really cute (Which I'm a sucker for) & the don't feel sticky!

Love the blog btw!

xx