Friday, February 18, 2011

Tags, etc :)

What better way to end the week than with a few tags? :) I love reading them. Why not participate? Life is short, I say!

Tagged by Elle from Inside Out Elle. I really enjoy reading her blog, because her entries are always thought provoking and whimsical. It doesn't hurt that her layout has two little smiling peas :) And she is super adorable! Now onto the tag -- 

1. Why did you create this blog?
Mostly to record things I buy, swatches I make, and just a documented time line of my life as it chronicles in case I ever lose my memory. This is true. 

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
Mostly beauty blogs, swatch blogs and some fashion blogs. I have a really extensive list of fun reads on a daily basis :D

3. Favorite makeup brand?
I have so many. I'd say Tarte and Urban Decay for eyeshadows, Asian brands for base makeup, Revlon for lipsticks... ahh, so many! I can't choose. Makeup Forever is etching its way up to my list of favorites.
 
4. Favorite clothing brand?
I'm not very brand loyal. When it comes to clothing, I don't really have a "favorite" but recently I've been influenced by so many fashion bloggers and have been finding myself shopping at Ann Taylor and Loft because they have so many nice pieces for work :) 

5. Your indispensable makeup product?
BB creams! I can't live without them! LOL Currently really liking Hanskin's Super BB :p

6. Your favorite color?
I love pink shades, especially pale pinks.

7. Your perfume?
I've been using Ralph Lauren Romance and  Issey Miyake L'eau D'ISSEY for the longest time.

8. Your favorite film?
Probably Garden State. I love sappy-ish, coming of age movies and dark comedies like Scotland, PA. I'm an avid supporter of low budget films. The one big budget film I recently saw and loved was Inception! LOVED it :)

9. What country would you like to visit and why?
England, because I can be a little culture obsessed. Mostly because I love castles and Victorian architecture.


10. Make up the last question and answer.
Uh... not really a question, but what is up with those Big Momma movies and why is Martin Lawrence always pretending to be a woman?? This baffles me! 

Tagging:
3. Mindy - http://iamminky3.blogspot.com/  
4. Isabel - http://sugarcoatedmuffin.blogspot.com/ 
5. Mara - http://mara-x-mara.blogspot.com/ 
6. Mary - http://simplybeautifulyou.blogspot.com/ 
7. Cocobee - http://cocoabee.blogspot.com/
8. Fannie - http://fannied.blogspot.com/ 
9. Gloria - http://dolce-smile.blogspot.com/ 
10. Pam - http://yourstrulypam.blogspot.com/ 

 Looking forward to reading these :)

FOTD earlier this week. I actually spent a little time looking more acceptable for work. This needs to be a habit!


Makeup:  Hanskin Super BB, MUFE HD Blush (will review, I LOVE this stuff!!!!), NYX Strawberry Milk lipstick, Cargo Eyeliner, some eyeshadow... don't remember it at the moment.











I'll be out and about this weekend. Hope you all have a good one :)
 

31 comments:

yourstrulypam said...

I enjoyed reading this. :) Very interesting. Thanks for the tag as well. Your FOTD is gorgeous. I really need to try a BB cream-it seems everyone has tried it except me. LOL.

Unknown said...

Hi Jen, I also love Victorian architecture. Across from where I live there is a neighborhood of old Victorian homes and I always stroll along admiring the houses. Thanks for the tag and have a good weekend.

Amy said...

My sister loves the hanskin BB cream, too. Maybe I'll steal hers and try it out lol
You look super gorgeous here!
x

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

you look like a hot mama! i really like the slight bit of smokey and pop of colour. i enjoyed reading your responses and miss you and blogging! <3

Susie said...

Aww, you look so pretty in your FOTD! :D

Tracy said...

Thanks for the tag! I didn't realise you liked BB creams that much! I can never understand low budget films. They have an intellectual twist that my dodo brains can't fully comprehend. I pity the person who sits next to me cos I keep on asking him/her 'what's happening?!' or 'why's that happening?'. lol! Not fun.

Isabel said...

Thanks for the tag ^_^ I used to love BB cream but I slowly realised that they were all too pale and pink for me =( So I gave up and moved on to yellower foundations. You look great btw =) wonder why strawberry milk doesnt look like that on me lol And I want to visit a castle!

나니 said...

I love that FOTD! : D U look gorgeous! And the lipcolorrrr.. so pretty!

Nice tag btw! : D hahaha, I've been wondering the same thing about Big Momma! HAHAHA

.blushfully. said...

Me likey!! Might do 1 myself... looks like fun and something refreshing for the weekend =)

Have a good weekend!!


http://blushfully.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I have been wanting Ralph Lauren Romance ever since Christmas. Highly requested but no one bought me that -_- Your read is a fun read! It's good to know more about you thru this way :)

Stephanie C said...

Yeah definitely don't know what is up with Martin Lawrence and those movies haha. You look great in your last photo!

Tiptoe21 said...

You look lovely as always! And pink shades are the best =)

Unknown said...

Garden State is absolutely an awesome movie. Now I want to watch it lol.

Mindy♥ said...

Aww I love reading tags too!! haha. Thanks for tagging me, girl! <3

PinkOrchids said...

This was nice to read, thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I'm with you there with visiting England :D Great tag!! I love reading tags haha :) Thanks so much for the extras that you sent me with the eyeshadow pencil! Appreciate it so much! xx

Unknown said...

Great read :) I love BB Creams for daily use - they're so much more lightweight than regular foundation and I feel like they're more healthier to use because of the skin clearing properties they're suppose to have.

WANDER SHUGAH said...

wow! thats nice! great infos from you <3 nice blog here!

Mara said...

I'm not brand loyal either. Whatever looks good and is priced right suits me best. I love that FOTD, your hair is just so sleek. Thanks for tagging me. I did this tagg and forgot to tagg my fellower bloggers... :( I'm so lame.

Gloria said...

Anddd done! :D

I love reading these random facts type of tags. It's nice to know more about the person behind the blog.

Thanks for tagging me.

20 YORK STREET said...

You definitely have a perfect flawless skin! So, I'd like to know what's a BB cream..

is that your secret? =)

besos,

ML

Join the Easiest Blog Project Ever at:

Twenty York Street

Irene said...

Love your LOTD!!! And thanks for sharing some fun facts about yourself - I also loved Garden State and have yet to see Inception...

Bijin Blair said...

Thank you for doing this tag, I love knowing my fellow bloggers better!

Hmmm, I just got back into the BB cream bandwagon, but I must say I still prefer liquid foundations. I have a beige?yellow? undertone and BB creams have too much of a pink tint =[

Ahh, my favourite colour is also pink!! Do you like using pink eyeshadow?

Moniek said...

You look really pretty!

Kileen said...

BB creams are da' bomb! so glad i discovered them. :)

cute and little
come join the Color Brigade!

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i'd love to go to England too...while i'd immerse myself in the street fashion, i bet Harry would go crazy over the history and architecture..<3

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

Jannie said...

It was fun reading your tag about your blog. I love reading tag posts too. :)

One of these days when I get access to them, I'll try BB creams. I heard so many good things about them. :)

You look gorgeous, by the way. I love the lip color you're wearing too. Strawberry Milk is one of my favorite NYX lipsticks. I'm on my second one now. Hehe... :D

As for the ELF palette, that's unfortunate how many people received it broken too. I'm wondering if the delivery people just threw them around. I hope not.

Thank you so much for the comment and for visiting my blog. Take care. :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for the recommendation! :) I'll look for it ^_^

Self-help books & online shopping for the win!

Donna said...

thanks so much for the suggestion about skinfood! man, i don't know now if i should get the lioele one x_x now hehe.

kellyyes said...

i love the strawberry milk lipstick on you! and i love your bangs.

Joey said...

Haha! I literally lol-ed at Question 10. I had a similar reaction when I found out there is ANOTHER Big Momma movie coming out.