Saturday, February 12, 2011

Easy Valentines Look :)

I'm all for easy makeup looks, especially if they look clean and pretty. Maybe this is why I love bloggers who rock out with easy, fresh faced looks :) I love dramatic evening makeup as well, but the looks that can be worn both day and night with little effort are the best of the best :) I'm having so much fun looking at other people's Vday looks and vids :) You gals are so freaking gorgeous! :)

Here is my take on a Valentine's Day look! It was really quick... took me about 12 minutes or so. I spent more time picking out which brushes to use than the actual makeup part. I feel pathetic sometimes.





Here is what I used:

Lancome Eye Palette - Gifted to me for my birthday by my very good friend Audrey, (visit and follow her blog here! She's a sweetheart who knows so much about fashion.) I used the two middle colors to brighten my eyes and the black shade at the end to give my eyes a little contrast.



For lips, I used Revlon's Soft Nude and Nars Giza. I'm not sure if anyone's noticed but Soft Nude is a total dupe for Nars Giza! :)

 Aren't the two shades SO similar???!?! After I post this, I'll google it and I bet I'll see tons of people who've compared these two already =p I've been trying to find Soft Nude everywhere!! Every drugstore around me has sold out of this! So I bought it online instead :) Soft Nude is truly one of my favorite nudey shades! It applies on a lot lighter than in the tube. It's really such a pretty color! I don't own anything like it. Nars Giza is also a really nice nudey shade in a gloss form. I absolutely love it! For some reason, it's not as sticky as other NARS glosses that I own, and the texture is much more nicer. A little slippery, but really smoothing.


For an evening look, I'll just apply the other end of the NARS duo, Boogie Nights. Boogie Nights is a shimmery fuchsia shade. A little vampy, but as with any intense shade, very sexy.

I hope you all have a very warm Valentines Day weekend :) I know I'll be grubbing every minute of every second! :)



Products Used:
Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream 21 (see it here)
Lancome Eye Palette
MAC Dainty (cheeks) - Possible dupe for Nars Orgasm? Full review to come!
Revlon Soft Nude Lipstick (see it here)
NARS Giza lipgloss (see it here)
Loreal Collagen Mascara (see it here)





Enjoy your Valentines weekend everyone! 

36 comments:

sugar sugar said...

you have very pretty lips and i really like your makeup because it's so subtle. :3

Anonymous said...

Your hair cut is cute! I love the feeling after I get my hair cut, and my head feels a hundred times lighter.. Washing is definitely easier! I have Soft Nude. Originally, I didn't like it with my skintone, but it has really grown on me. Thanks for letting us know about the dupe!

Unknown said...

You have such pretty lips! The lipcolor looks gorgeous on you, and I love the eye makeup as well - I love natural, fresh faced looks too :)

Stephanie said...

You have gorgeous lips! I love that baby pink on you ;)

Eva said...

Pretty! I love the lipstick!

Tracy said...

It's annoying how harsh chemical processing does to your hair! I know how you feel about it, cos I also chopped my ends off. Initially, I hated it but it's healthier overall and the ends don't feel as crunchy. You look great in straight hair though!

Edwina said...

Really nice and soft look, love it! :D

Props to you for chopping off your hair yourself! I do that with my bangs haha, just trying to save some $$! lol

xbbkay said...

you have such pretty LIPS. Can we trade? lol

I think your hair looks gorgeous, and it suits you very well, especially with the bangs. I can imagine that if your crimped your hair it would look very cute. My hair is SOO damaged right now too, but i REFUSE to chop it. Im not brave enough to part with my fried up hair.

.....look like an absolute sweet heart,

Cynthia said...

I really like this look. I'm craving to cut my hair short again. Also this fresh looks is gorgeous, less is more. Thanks for sharing this.

Gloria said...

You are glowing and the look is stunning. I too love clean makeup even with pops of colour. I like smokey looks less and less now. It's not that I don't like the look, I wear it sometimes too, but it's too common and dramatic even if it's a 'subtle' smokey look.

Your posts always make me want to check out all these lovely pinky/nude lip colours XD. I never did buy the Peach Petals lipgloss (still on my to-get someday list though.

Unknown said...

I love this look. You look so fresh and pretty! I can't believe you cut your own hair lol. That's so cool!

Unknown said...

you got a haircut! looks so cute! I read really great things about the Revlon lipstick but haven't had the chance to try it yet...I really got to get it soon! hehe Happy Valentine's Day!

Candice said...

Your hair is totally adorable, and I'm loving the sweet and flirty Valentine's Day makeup look; you're beautiful, dear!

l-article said...

I think the shorter hair looks cute on you!! As for me I'm still growing out my hair...after having it really short for 5 years hahaha...
Ah! And I love the nude lips too! The simple vday look is great! :D

Amy said...

yeah you have super pretty lips~ I'm so jealous!

xNTA said...

So gorgeous~ That lip colour is DIVINE!!!
Have a great one! x http://xnta.blogspot.com/

Lisa said...

love your v-day makeup look.. it's so soft and romantic looking!!

나니 said...

The lips look amazing! : D Love the look! Very neutral and subtle..

.blushfully. said...

Nice and fresh and sweet look! Nice lips hehehe it looks nicer on your lips than the swatch haha

Donna said...

i love this look. very soft and sweet :)

yourstrulypam said...

Your haircut is so cute! I also love the Valentines look. It's simple and not too dramatic. :)

Vicky said...

You look so pretty!

Melissa: Write it in Lipstick said...

I like the nude lips and I like drugstore brands. I have a hard time spending more then $6 on lipstick/ Gloss

Write it in lipstick

cocoabee said...

aw thanks (:
i had no idea revlon soft nude was a dupe of nars giza! i heard the shade was really nice though

Irene said...

Aaaah...firstly, your lips are so pretty!!! They must be naturally pinky because nudes always look way too flesh toned on me - but this color looks soooooo pretty on you!!!

Love the look...should have taken a peek before I spent over 1 hour on dolling up for V-day. :) Simple, classic, pretty!

DeBi said...

thank you for dropping by my blog. i love the look by the way. :)

*~kAy~* said...

I love your makeup!
Looks so fresh and really brings out your eyes! <3
Happy Vday! <3

cryskay said...

cute look! i wish i had somewhere to go on valentines besides work. love the lip color. xo

Stephanie C said...

Beautiful!!! I love it. It looks so fresh and your face looks flawless!

Mona said...

very clean and pretty! happy vday!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey now, choosing the right brushes to use can mean a world of difference haha. Love the look, very pretty. Hehe, now I don't feel so lonely with short hair XD

나니 said...

Aw thanks for the sweet comment <3 I'm thinking just the haircut. Can't afford getting it dyed and I finally grew it out (my own haircolor), so I'm not gonna screw that up already ; D haha. Thanks for the feedback<3

Mara said...

Oh, look at you. :) Already for Valentine's. I didn't do a valentine's FOTD, but yours looks lovely.

Unknown said...

Baby pink lip colors suit you so well ^_^ I hope you had a great valentines!

Hanna said...

Thanks for this one! It looks really great:D And I think your hair is really pretty 0:)


Don't forget to enter my Giant Vintage give-away!:D

Aya said...

Simple yet so pretty! :D

Following you now :D