Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Spotlight Watch: Yes to Carrots Body Scrub... or is it a face scrub?

It was one year ago this month when I heard of the Yes To brand that combines Yes to Carrots, Yes to Cucumbers, Yes to Tomatoes.. etc. During the holidays, I bought a gift set that contained a body scrub, a lotion and a loofah. Somehow, not sure why, but I thought the body scrub was a facial scrub... and used it on my face for weeks O_O Yikes, right?! Nope! It was the best thing I had ever done for my dull skin. It really brightened my skin, and made the rough spots really soft and it remains so today. I haven't even finished the first tube yet!


The ingredients are as good as it can be. Lots of oils, and good moisture binding ingredients for your skin. I use this once or twice a week on face as a in-shower mask and wash it off just when I am about to step out. After a whole year of using it, I really came to appreciate how the oils aided in softening my skin on my face and neck. It smells of light baby powder.


The first picture with the product just out of the tube and the second one drenched in water :) There are little granules that help exfoliate the skin and the oils that make up the scrub moisturize your skin. Once I wash it off, my face is incredibly soft and has none of that drying stuff that occurs in other products I've tried. I bask in the afterglow for awhile! :)

I'd totally repurchase this when I run out. I am currently at the halfway point from one year ago. It is an effective, economical and multitasking product. I bought my set for $10 a year ago and I started seeing them on the shelves of Target and other drugstores now. I conclude that this is the best skin mistake I've ever made!

Have you tried the Yes to brands? What do you think or recommend?! :)




Disclaimer: Personal review! :) Was not contacted nor am I affiliated with this company.

17 comments:

sizbelle said...

i tried this but find its rather oily after use on my skin so i finish up the rest on my body instead.

but i think it would be a perfect choice for winter!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

i've always seen this brand and wondered. it looks awesome hehe. so this is your secret to glowing skin! does it smell weird?

Unknown said...

I've been hearing about this from missglamorazzi and I've been getting really curious about it so I am SO glad you did this review :D!! I love the ingredients - so wholesome. It's weird that I haven't seen it anywhere tho - not at CVS or Walmart...perhaps Target?

Stephanie said...

I use a lot of Yes to Carrot products too :) include the scrub you talk about :D

I have some Yes to Cucumber face items but I don't fancy them as much as the carrots :D

Mindy♥ said...

Oohh! Yes to Carrots! I've heard a lot about this! :)Do you know if this does anything for acne-prone skin? Thanks for the review, hon!!

Catherine said...

Woah! I love the idea of using it as an in-shower mask! I might have to try this. :D

PinkOrchids said...

Thanks for the review, never heard of this product but i am looking for a face scrub, if this makes your skin glow i'm more than ready to give it a go =) xX

SiSi Sparkles said...

Yes! I love their stuff :D I've tried their lip glosses, shampoo, conditioner, and daily facial cleanser. LOVE all of them! They're all so affordable too, for some good, natural stuff.

Thanks for reminding me, I've been meaning to try out their moisturizer :]

Unknown said...

Angie: Secret to glowing skin? I only wish! :p It totally has glowing properties! :)

Elle: Target has them! :) Or you can find it online at their website, but it's marked at a higher price.

Steph: I like the carrots more too! The cucumber actually gave me hives!! :p Darn body butters!

As always, thanks ladies!!!!!! :D I hope you all get to try it :) If you've ever tried any of their other lines, do share! :)

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

Hey Jen~ I hope you are using this scrub once a week only right? :)

Gloria said...

:O A mistake gone right! Now I'm interested but I always feel too lazy to exfoliate (I'm an unbelievably lazy bum). The only product I've used (still do) from them is the Yes to Carrots Eye Contour Cream and I love it!

It doesn't do much in terms of helping dark circles, puffy eyes and all that (I guess that's what most people look for in an eye cream), but it is a-mazing at moisturizing the eye area. The area feels so soft after I use this, and the best thing is that you get a lot for the affordable price. The price is about as much as another drugstore eye cream but the amount you get is twice as much :D

Totally recommend for someone looking just to keep the eye area soft and hydrated.

Jean said...

Oo, I'll have to check this out at Target. I've never used a face scrub because I'm afraid it will scrub away any signs of a tan but alas I haven't had a tan in a year : ( Even better that it works on the body and the face...I've got some dry skin cells that need to be scrubbed off, stat!

Btw I saw your comment on DSK Steph's post and my heart literally swelled with happiness, lol! You are such a sweetheart : ) I always enjoy stopping by here to see what tips, tricks, or purchases you have to share.

Popcorn said...

LOL i haven't tried this brand yet~
hahaha the just looking at it's name is really interesting/funny.
i'll be sure to look out for it next time i go to target. :D

Anonymous said...

Haha, yeah I think I kind of go overboard with my skincare routine =X

Fashion Fabrice said...

This is a great post!thanks for the review.. I had heard about it but havn't seen a review yet! Im really happy I ran into your blog! it's a great read and i like your style:)
Im gonna follow your blog!

Hope you visit me and follow me back! That would be aamzing:)

love
fashionfabrice.

Have a fabulous day!

Unknown said...

i've never heard of this brand. thx for the post. i'm gonna check it out :)

SAVING BETTY said...

mmm i was debating between this and murad at sephora.. but i ended up with Murad! i think i will try it when my bottle runs out, but i really really like the Murad one. XOXO