Saturday, December 11, 2010

A Day's Outfit and Revlon's Midnight Blue Polish

Good morning everyone! This past week has been extremely busy for me as I've been planning for holidays and things on top of getting my deadlines in for work! =P I haven't had much time for myself to blog, but I've been catching up on your blogs all week :) 

Here is an outfit I wore sometime last week. I bought the olive colored cardigan because I loved how it looked on Jean from ExtraPetite! Mine is from August Silk that I picked up at Nordstrom Rack not too long ago :) I'm so in lovvvee with olive colors at the moment!!!! And gold shimmers for blushes and lipsticks!


Below: Brown cardigan, same look.


Revlon's Midnight Blue: It's a beautiful deep blue shade. I really like the intensity of the color, but it takes about two or three coats to achieve that opacity.


I'll be back to my makeup forte in my next post :) ie, Loreal Naturale blushes! I've been wearing them all week and I'm loving it! Pictures to come.

I'm going to get a hair consultation today for Yuko hair straightening. If you've never heard about it, it's a Japanese hair straightening technique that really protects hair and leaves it straight for 8-12 months. I've done it once and I loved the results. It made my hair really healthy. Ironic right? How can permanent hair straightening be healthy? For one, it's better than using a hot iron on a weekly basis, and they restore the keratin in your hair to keep it extremely shiny and bouncy. The downside of this is the time it takes! It took me close to 8 hrs last time, and the price! Costing about $500 :( But if you remember my ramble here, you will know why I need this! From that pic, my hair is actually longer now! =p YIKES!!!!!

Anyway, if all goes well, I hope to get it done either today, tomorrow, or next weekend. Talk to you all soon!!!!

27 comments:

kali said...

Love your OOTDs -love the olive cardigan on you. And Midnight Blue looks so pretty!!

Tammy said...

I love the olive green cardi on you too, it's such the colour of the season hey?!

Mindy♥ said...

Aww girl!! You're looking sexy in that outfit! I love olive everything... olive shirts, sweaters, bags, etc. and those nails! Perfect for the holiday season I must say! xoxo

Penelope said...

Love your OOTD, the top is so gorgeous!

aki! said...

Love the olive cardigan! If I didn't have so many, I'd pick one up myself.

I've never heard of that hair treatment, sounds interesting though! Unfortunately, out of my price range.

Unknown said...

Love the outfit! Ruffles and a cardi is such a great feminine look for the office. I've contemplated getting the Japanese hair straightening, but I don't think I could bear to part with the time or money for it haha >.<

Leenda said...

Very cute outfits! I'd say $500 is worth it because you save lots of time on not doing your hair everyday and it is healthier! I'm all for more lazy methods of looking better and healthier. hahaha

Toni Tralala said...

This is an outfit that I'm in dire need of for work! :)

That nail color looks great! <3

FashionableAsians said...

Great OOTD, love the cardi and ruffle top, so work perfect ;)

Susie said...

I love that top you have on!!

Saving Capulet said...

I love the nail polish color <3 and very well put together attire! I really suck at corporate wear :<

Gloria said...

Your outfit looks great! I especially love your blouse (the collar looks so ruffly <3)! I secretly wish I worked at an office just so I could wear office attire...

And coincidentally I was planning to paint my nails that colour tomorrow ^-^

Lilladylife said...

seeing this makes me want to get something olive too, nice break from black and grey!

Unknown said...

You look super chic and professional :)! The hair straightening treatment sounds so intriguing, definitely let us know how it goes!

Kileen said...

those cardigans look great on you -- i'm loving the olive color now too cause of Jean! and i'm really curious about the Yuko hair straigtening now too. your hair looks great!

cuteandlittle.com

Elizabeth Chang (Skyla Arts) said...

i need to go to nordstrom rack sometime and keep building my professional wardrobe~ *sigh* it's so expensive! ! even though it's not like each piece is hundreds of dollars as it can be, but then if you really create an outfit or buy 'investment pieces' it's $$$$!

alison*elle said...

I really like that lacey top you've got on. And of course, love the olive. I recently got a pair of olive skinny pants that I am totally in love with.

xo, alison-elle.blogspot.com

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

i'm excited to see your straightened hair!! i thought about doing that myself but i think i'm going to go wavy :) love that gorgeous olive on you

Anonymous said...

hello! i was here... would you like to follow each others blogs?? =))) you can follow my blog by clicking here. *winks*

Unknown said...

Your office outfits are cute :)

and I can't wait to hear about your consultation! I envy people with super straight hair >P

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for following my blog. It's cool that you live in the area. Finally, someone who understands all the Vietnamese food I blog about.

Fifi said...

cute work outfits!
and I want to straighten my hair too so I don't have to flat iron it every morning. I'm just too lazy like that, lol. XD

Nunu said...

Oh I love the outfit! the top is so cute xD I love anything with ruffles on it haha!
Oh wow, I didn't really know that Asian people can get really curly hair! I'm actually quite jealous, I have straightish hair with a very stubborn strand that likes to stand 45Degrees from my head on the left. I can understand why you'd feel like it's a chore to straighten it though cos I have very thick hard hair and it takes me ages to straighten it with a flat iron :(
I hope you show us the results of your treatment!

Anonymous said...

I love your blouse ! Very stylish look. I wish I could look that stylish at work but I end up looking very office-y and boring (my fault because I wake up too late to be able to think about it.. ;-b).

I've never heard about this technique before but yes it's fascinating that it leaves your hair more healthy than before ! But EIGHT HOURS ?! Wow, did you bring a good book with you ? X-D. I'd love to see a picture of the end results but I'm curious !

Unknown said...

24 hour mall? Like one open 24/7? hmm I'm actually not sure ^_^ but if there are I bet it'd be Shinsaegae or Lotte world malls, they're huge!

Vinda Sonata said...

gorgeous outfit, and i LOVE the color of your nail. very nice!!

Meredith said...

ooh, love the nail polish! fun shade for sure;)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS