Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Seven things, and other things

I've been having so much fun reading people's tags and learning about my favorite bloggers in their everyday, normalish lives :) Since I was tagged by the lovely Angie, I decided to compile seven (hopefully interesting) things about myself as well.

1. Severe Thirst - I am a tea addict. I've been known to make 7+ cups a day, in all different flavors and varieties. I've had this habit since I was a Freshman in college 6 years ago. I collect artisan teas and admire all the complicated flavors out there.  My current favorite at the moment is Mighty Leaf's Green Tea Tropical. I enjoy the fruity elements of the tea and the classy silk pouches. Yummy! :)

2. Awkwardness -  I was a total geek in high school. Not necessarily smart, but I had the physique of an awkward teenage girl. I had thick glasses, braces and a huge head of curly, unflattering hair and bad pimply skin. Yikes! Some of my classmates don't even recognize me! LOL

3. Books and such - I'm kind of a book worm. My love for fiction has gone from imagining character plots to reading and writing fan fiction. I have a not so secret love for Twilight fan fiction. I know! It's a teen series but I enjoy it with reckless abandon. I also enjoy lots of other reads and have a deep appreciation for classical literature and enjoy the works of William Blake, Wordsworth, Jane Austen, Shakespeare, John Keats, and so many more.

4. Telling a Story - I collect many vintage dresses by scouring through thrift stores, flea markets, yard sales. I don't really do it online because I just like the feeling of finding it myself somewhere. So far, I have a good bunch that I've restored to like-new condition. It's a nice staple to have in my closet because I love how clothing can not only make a statement, but tell a story.

5. Denim - I just started getting into jeans. I've never cared much for jeans before because I can never find the perfect fit, but it's now intrigued me how you can dress up or down with these causal bottoms. I have a few pairs of skinny jeans that I wear occasionally, but I've gotten into boot cuts and straight leg looks as well. What do you gals recommend?! :) Do tell!

6. Music anyone? My all time favorite band is Iron and Wine. Their music is oddly soothing to me and has helped me write creatively for years and years. Their music really sinks into me and guides my mind to register feelings of love and loss through a song or melody at any given moment. I love the tempo, textures and song writing abilities of Sam Beams (lead singer). His music is strikingly different and draws from ambiguity and mixed feelings. I love! Of course I enjoy the occasional "hit" song :) I'm digging Taylor Swift's music!

7. Hobbies and such - I've been sort of dabbling into making my own lip balms and oils. I'm still in the learning stages but I hope to make something special using nourishing ingredients and oils from all over the world and ultimately creating something that I can be proud of. My readers will be the first to know of my experiences! =D haha

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I recently acquired a new bag! :)

I've always wanted a buttery leather bag! I'm super duper excited I finally have one!! I bought it at Marshalls not too long ago and have been using it non stop since. It's divided into two sections inside and has nice compartments. I didn't take a picture of it inside because I was so excited about the outside. And the color! I love :) It's really soft, but very sturdy!

And some Loreal blushes that I picked up over the weekend. They are CRAZY pigmented! Since I've had a wonderful experience with the Loreal True Match blush, I was really excited these were on sale for $3.00 each at CVS.

L-R and top to bottom, Rustica, Mocha Rose and Mauvelous Mauve.

Aren't they pretty?! This is one swipe. ONE! It's extremely pigmented and really soft. The blush is milled really finely and silky to the touch. I am amazed by it! :) I'm so happy they were on sale! There weren't many left. 


I was afraid these blushes will look too dark on me but they are surprisingly really pretty. I'll have more pics of me wearing it soon. I already took off my makeup =p



Alright everyone... goodnight!

37 comments:

Saving Capulet said...

omg i am also into books and fanfiction, i am a writer for ff.net, but i write about anime series :)) I love Mauvelous Mauve shade best! can't wait to see you with them lovelies on <3

Unknown said...

I love your new bag!! I've wanted that color too! <3<3 Is it real leather?

1. I swear I drink more than you lol I drink a lot of coffee, which dehydrates, so I have to drink a ton of water everyday to balance it out. I'm always running to the bathroom and to get more water haha XD

3. I love fiction novels too! XDDD I read Twilight in no time...like the entire series in a week or something. And I think a good series has you totally immersed in its fantasy world while you're reading it, and for days and weeks after you're done with it :) I love that lingering feeling. Do you have any recommendations? I've been dying for a new series...though I have a few longer ones that I haven't finished yet.

Pammy said...

That bag looks pretty awesome! I like buttery soft leather bags too. Those blushes look pretty too and for $3 each, such a great bargain. :P

Mindy♥ said...

Whoa!! Those blushes are pigmented to the max!! LOL. I love your new purse!! Buttery leather is the best!! ^o^

Pretzel said...

I like the bag you got there!

PetiteXXS said...

I'm definitely a tea drinker as well. Not so adventurous though, just the usual greens and blacks. Our current fav is the Mighty Leaf Earl Grey. Thanks for sharing! I love learning more about everyone through this tag :)

Unknown said...

wonderful bag!
HI!my name's martina and I come from Italy..I would like you visit my blog and if you want...follow me!I wait you! kiss kiss ^^

Tammy said...

Your bag is so pretty! The shape and colour is really unique :)
Wow I'm pretty impressed with how pigmented the blushes are. I'm so envious because the drugstore makeup in the States are always SO much cheaper than over here. We don't have CVS and not in my life have I seen blush for less than $5-6 (and that's on the cheaper end already!)

s said...

I too am a total nerd and a bookworm!! Lately I have no time to read, but if I had all the time in the world I'd be snuggled up with a good read :)

Super pretty blushes! Can't believe they're $3 too!

I'm off to check out "Iron and Wine"!

Vicky said...

Yay, now I can read the words! :) Thank you.
I am a fan of Twilight series as well. Read all 4 books. Watched all the movies that came out. I don't understand why I'm so into these teenage books, but then I am also into Harry Potter. Haha..

Isabel said...

Mauvelous Mauve looks real pretty ^^ I heard a song from Iron & Wine in one of the Twilight movies and I was hooked to it for abit =_= I put it as my ringtone so I could hear it even though it really sucked as a ring tone (too soft and I often got misscalls lol)

Candice said...

I love that bag!! So pretty :)

It's always fun to learn about the people behind the great blogs, so I really enjoyed reading your 7 things!

Hope you're having a great week!

Unknown said...

The blushes are so pretty! I've never seen them before tho...O_o stupid walmart...

I love to read too :D!!! I lean more towards scifi and fantasy AND I looked like an uber geek in HS too :P...glasses, frizzy hair, braces >_> *sigh* Funnily enough I actually had very nice skin though, maybe because of swimming ^_^? I started getting acne in my 20s -_____- I personally like boot leg cut jeans best. Skinny jeans give you a booty but I dunno, I reserve skinnies for clubbing and stuff.

Denysia Yu said...

Love the blushes! I've been meaning to go to CVS to see if they have any good drugstore deals! :)

amynaree said...

ooh those blushes look really nice on you!

SiSi Sparkles said...

I'm like you on #2 :]

I thought about getting one of those blushes, but thought to myself that I have too many already!! They're very pretty though.

sssdawna said...

1 + 3 we have in common! one of my nicknames when i was little was "library girl", i even worked in one in college. and i should probably be a barista/bartender one day : P

that's so cool that you can renovate clothing. and i love fan fiction too, what's your penname?

i'm loving the leather bag i got from tj maxx last week, that place is great! i also wear my loreal true match foundation on a daily basis. so i should probably try the blushes, they look nice.

Leenda said...

I like the tag that you did. =] Learned more about you. I was and prob still am a big nerd when I was in school. lol Ahh I love blushes. These swatches look so pretty and great! Makes me want to buy some more blushes, but erm...I have plenty already. hahah

Mary said...

Nice!! bag! Marshalls is always the place to go for affordable and brand name stuff! hehe

Thanks for sharing the blush pics! Awesome that you got them for a discount!

PearlsAndGreenTea said...

Hi! That was so fun to read! I'm a huge tea drinker too (hence my blog name!). I'm going to have to try that green tea!

jiye
http://pearlsandgreentea.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Hehe I can totally relate with you on points #2 and 3; if you're a fan of Twilight, you should look into Stephanie Meyer's adult fiction novel "The Host" - it's got a bit of a sci-fi twist, but it's got a great storyline and love story to it. Next to Pride and Prejudice, it's one of my all time favorites :D

serenadeveryday said...

Can I steal your bag Jen? Please?! LOVE it.

I can relate to #1 and #2. I enjoy drinking tea like no other. Whenever I go to an asian restaurant I usually drink ONLY tea. No water please! I'm so glad it's the winter time. Excuse to bust out with warm teas. Have you tried Teavana teas? They are a bit pricey but they have such a variety of tea. I'm sure you'd love it. =]

As for the awkwardness. I had that experience in grade school. Thick glasses, braces, and wavy poofy hair I'd tie up in a really right bun. I looked practically bald! {*LOL}
I still can't believe you had really curly/ wavy hair. It looks so soft in all your photos.

Side note, your hobby sounds AMAZING. I think you're the first person I know who experiments with oils and such. Props!


<3s Serena.

<3s Serena.

Lilladylife said...

ah the blushes look really nice and 3 bucks is a steal!!!!! i drink 7 cups of tea a day too!!! =D

beneath the glass said...

it was great learning more about you. i totally agree with the first three! i've been drinking tons of tea lately; my sis and i were typical asian nerds, lol; and i looooove reading!
great bag too :D
suzy
Beneath the Glass

Gloria said...

I love your bag! I too crave a buttery leather bag but I think that will have to wait when I actually earn some money haha. It looks great and I love the colour of it too.

Those blushes are really nice too. And for $3! O.O me want.

FashionableAsians said...

I'm quite the tea lover myself, my faves are Chai and thai Iced tea, love the sweet teas :D and I love that bag, so lush and perfect for fall!! Also love Twilight but now I'm hooked on Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead, another great vamp series ;P

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

yay :) i'm glad you did the tag because now i know a lot more about you hehe. you should recommend some teavana teas if you like them because we have a store here
woohoo the blushes look awesome!

Cylia said...

It's always fun to peek into someone else's life even if it's just these seven things:) I like posts like this. makes the blog more personal;)

Anonymous said...

Very interesting post. I'm a reader but have never commented before ;-b First for everything ?

#5. I recommend Nudies & J-brand. They're quite pricey but the quality is there. Cheap Mondays aren't bad either and as the name suggests, they are cheap(er) than other designer brands !

#3. Me too ! I want to re-start my book club. I was a terrible host though, I need to be more organised but it can be hard to find a time where everyone is available !

#6. Iron & Wine are amazing ! I want their LP, if they have one ! Are you a last.fm-er ?

Tessa said...

Hi!

Amazing blog you got there :D I love it!
So I'm a new follower :)

Maybe you can check out my blog as well, some time, and become a follower? I would like that :)

http://tesjoesblog.blogspot.com

Thanks :) And keep up the good work!

Stephanie C said...

I haven't tried studio sculpt so I can't say =(( The longwear is pretty nice and the pump makes it super convenient to use!

Natalie Suarez said...

cute! i love the name of ur blog. two of my fave things: rainy days n lattes hehe! :)

natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

Toni Tralala said...

The Loreal blush looks amazing! I heard that there was a sale at Walgreens and majority of the make up was gone. Too bad I didn't hear about it sooner.

Good luck with the lip balm concoction, by the way. ;)

Anonymous said...

I really like no.4 about you! I am also a big fan of jeans! I highly recommend anything from Diesel, flattering and great cuts - I am a difficult shopper for jeans they fit me really well!

the blushes look super pigmented, you should do a fotd with it soon!

smilecusiluvu said...

I love reading too! My fav book is pride and prejudice and Im currently reading the great expectation.. I know totally book warm! I read twightlight 2-3 times.... I read the whole series in 3-4 days then after i realized that i finished it soo fast i reread it again right after haha.. but then when I was able to absorb it I find that the story was too unpredictable.. but then again i did read it twice.. hahaha.. Feel free to recommend me some good book maybe we can form a book club online =p

Anonymous said...

fun tag!

Toni Tralala said...

Thank you so much for the sweet comment you left me! <3

You know what, I'm going to take note of that Loreal blush since I need more make up! Cetaphil is a great moisturizer but thanks for the recommendations! I'll be sure to take a gander at Aveeno and the rest.

I use the Lancome moisturizer before applying make up because it works wonders! I had such a bad cold at one point and my nose was peeling so much that I needed to lather moisturizer around the creases of my nose. Surprisingly, the peeling went away sooner so I began using it more often.