Tuesday, November 9, 2010

When the Days are Longer

This week is floating by so slowly isn't it?  I just keep telling myself, mind over matter... mind over matter. The weekend will come soon and that will be the answer to everything. Yeah, that's it. Now that the clock's moved back, I enjoy waking up to sunlight but I hate the god awful darkness already at 5pm. It's spooky and I imagine all sorts of deadly scenarios. Not sure why, but I always play a whole scene in my mind and space out for at least 3 mins. It's weird.

Anyway, I wanted to do a super quick review on Mac's Studio Sculpt Foundation. I've been using it on and off for the past year. I ordered backups for it too. Unfortunately, I don't have any proper swatches... I just finished the bottle this morning and am waiting for my backup (so much for backup, heh) to arrive this week. I'm sure everyone and their mothers have an opinion on their foundations. I have a strange infatuation with foundations and BB creams because any look you are going for requires a polished face and a certain type of finish to ultimately achieve that look. I keep on hoarding foundations and BB creams like there is no tomorrow o_o Okay! Review.



I'll start off by saying that this foundation has medium to heavy coverage, and not sheer in any sense. The consistency is extremely thick but very VERY blendable. The blending properties of this cream (literally what it is) is great, although when it oxidizes, it turns slightly darker than the shade it once was in the bottle. Not sure why it does that? Their website says it's a gel based formula, but it doesn't feel gel-like at all. It also gives a tired face a lift because of the silicones in it that plump your face up when it's dull. Overall, I really like this foundation because it does what it's supposed to. It gives instant results and applying it on lightly will prevent you from looking like you are bearing a mask :)

Here is my look in the evening :) Dim lights at home and everything... LOL


I used flash. Notice there is no ghostly sunscreen affect? I layered on Shiseido's SPF 50 face cream before applying the Studio Sculpt. Usually when I wear another foundation, the SPF is really apparent. This foundation tones down that horrendous affect even when you have a high sunscreen underneath.

In the morning and evening!




It lasts all day! No blotting for me whatever. I have nothing but praise for this foundation. It's very comparable to Lioele's Beyond the Solution BB cream (see my reviews here and here) Again, I love creamy foundations. I'm not so much into liquidly ones because I feel they are too runny and get oily fast. =/


Products Used:
Loreal True Match blush in Sable 
Maybelline Lipgloss - Hooked on Pink (LOVE THIS!)
Maybelline Colossal Mascara
Palladio eyeliner

I turn 24 tomorrow O_O eek! I have mixed feelings about this because I don't want to age. But it's inevitable so.. =p Have a good night everyone! I appreciate all your feedback in my last post about the Charlotte Russe coats. I, too liked the 2nd one better :) And both are just awesome to wear.

Night!

27 comments:

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Thanks for the review! I dont hear so much about this but Im always on a hunt for a new foundation. I have like 6 foundation at the same time..nooo good! lol.

And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! :) I know it's tomorrow but better early than late. Don't worry..you dont look nothing like a 24 yr old. In a goo way ofcourse. :)

Anonymous said...

so Pretty! Happy Birthday! :)

-Mia
http://miafied.blogspot.com

--Dao said...

Thanks for the review! I just started to use foundation recently and wanted to know which brand was good. I notice a lot of makeup bloggers uses MAC, but wasn't sure what it's good for. I'm excited to order mines next week now. =)
P.S. Happy Birthday.

Gloria said...

My my, I think I will have to try this foundation because your face looks flawless and glowy (though you probably have clear skin to start with anyhow) I have so much hyperpigmentation that needs covering.

Happy birthday as well! Like I've already mentioned haha, your skin surely does not show aging! I'd say don't worry and enjoy your day!

*goes to look at MAC website now*^^

♥Bunny♥ said...

Looks gorgeous! and Flawless!! Lucky you can use liquid foundation, I start to feel itchy... And Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!! <3

Ping said...

the foundation looks great on you. it looks very natural! i can't believe you wear spf50!!! i wear that when i go on vacation and somewhere really sunny...

oh yes, i agree with you that it sucks that it gets dark at 5pm!!!

Stephanie C said...

The foundation looks great on you!! Happy Early Birthday!!!!!

Candice said...

Wow I am really impressed with that foundation..I always seem to get the ghostly effect in photos if I apply anything with SPF in it, but that looks great on you! Hmm..perhaps I'll have to pick some up for myself!

s said...

The foundation looks great Jen! Your skin always looks so fresh and flawless.That blush is soo pretty too!

Oh, gawd, you make me feel real old... I'm more than a quarter century T_T

Mindy♥ said...

Hey love!!
The foundation really makes your skin look flawless and glowy! I am obsessed with face makeup as well.. like BB creams and foundation! LOL.
I've been trying the MAC Pro Longwear foundation and it's amazing!
I have a question... does the MAC Studio Sculpt foundation break you out at all? I've heard mixed things!!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! <3

MissS.elle said...

Love the foundation on you! Happy Birthday in advancee! :D

SiSi Sparkles said...

Thanks for the review, would you say this foundation would be good for oily skin types too?

I cut my own bangs too, saves a bunch of money :]

SiSi
http://www.sisisparkles.blogspot.com

Liana said...

that foundation looks great on you, thanks for the review! im always looking for new ones to try, i might have to try this one.
happy birthday too! what are your plans?


Fashion Bag 411

Winnie said...

Oooh Happy Birthday! I had reservations about my birthday too, since 24 seems so much older than 23 right? But we're blessed with our asian heritage sooo...we look younger anyway hahah! You look gorgeous!

Leenda said...

I love it when you buy stuff and it just works out! Happy Birthday tomorrow!! I hope you have a blast on your birthday or at least on your birthday weekend.

Unknown said...

This week really has been dragging...Can't wait for tomorrow.

And I really appreciate this review. I have been thinking about buying this foundation but I was not sure if I should. Thank you so much! I think I will give it a try!

makeup,hauls, and anything under the sun! said...

awesome review! hhmmmm..regarding the oxidation thing, its probably because the skin's acidic, which means when a foundation is applied to the skin it becomes slightly darker, my makeup artist friends told me if that is the case get a shade lighter than your skin so that it will melt off to your real skin tone. :)

Stephanie said...

I've been loving studio sculpt too! :D i'm NC37 so dark! lol

Cylia said...

hey girl:)
how are you? thanks for your sweet comment:D yep. my boots are suede:)! they're the perfect boots i ever bought:) have a greaat week girl!

나니 said...

You are SO pretty in these photos! I'm loving the bangs! You rock 'em girl : D

Well, elf is VERY much hit'n miss, cause some of their products are AWESOME - and some are REALLY really bad. >_<" so yeah.. but the mineral lipsticks are nice - the colors are just wayy off the swatches online, so I ended up with really bad colors for my skintone. The texture is very creamy, but it creases VERY easily.. But hey, for £3,50 it's not that bad. :'3 they just don't really work for me.

Anonymous said...

Great that you found a foundation that works great! Happy Birthday by the way!! Hey look at it this way, at least your birthday falls near the end of the year. Mine's in January -.- Something to be proud of when you're in middle-high school but definitely something to look forward to when I'm older... like NOW haha!

Yes, it definitely IS draining keeping everything in! But I'm glad I'm able to be at peace now phew =)

Lia Waroka Putri said...

it looks great on u! I'll be checking it soon, great review!=)

Anonymous said...

aww happy belated birthday. 24 is still young :P age is just a numb... as long as you're young at heart ;)

the foundation matches your skin tone really well! I am sitting on the fence with MAC bas emakeup.. i was disappointed with their TM haha. but really glad it's working well for you.

I V Y said...

prettaaay!

Unknown said...

belated happy birthday!!! :D i'm not much of a foundation girl... well, actually i don't even wear make up that often but having it last all day is definitely great! btw - i've been considering getting my bangs cut straight across but i thought that it would grow pretty fast and i'd have to keep cutting it or getting it cut... i guess your comment confirms it... 4 weeks and it's too long! =/

PetiteXXS said...

Happy belated birthday! And 24 is still sooo young! Lol.. and I'm surprised the foundation layers so well over the Shiseido 55 sunscreen... I use that everyday and would imagine that it'd be hard to wear foundation over it, since it's so mattifying.

Mara said...

What a GREAT review. I've always wondered about this product, and I'm glad it came from someone I trust when it comes to reviews. Your bangs are long....you weren't kidding. Oh, and that blush your wearing gives you just the perfect flush. I like it. :)