Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Charlotte Russe Coats, Peach Petal Gloss, and others :)

Hey everyone!

I recently joined 24 Hour Fitness and I've been working out non-stop. It's not even to go and lose extreme weight because I don't consider myself fat but it's the feeling of empowerment after accomplishing something like running 2 miles in 15 minutes =p Do you gals know what I mean? I started having a better self image of myself within the past two weeks of detoxing my body and just working out to feel strong. I feel like a potato at work since I use my brain and not my body =P

Anyway, remember I mentioned I ordered some coats from Charlotte Russe? It arrived today and I was super excited. I've never really bought a coat before so I wanted to try a few inexpensive ones before I make the big splurge :)

Here's what I ordered! :)


It's a little roomy but I love extra room. It's snuggly, but not overly so. It's really soft and doesn't have that coat-like sturdy material that I wish it did, but it's CR =P I expected it to be greyer in person but it's just way dark. The quality is also not too bad for being only $25.  The buttons are a little lame though, but I think I can easily replace them with better ones. Thumbs  up!

That's my cat Bacon in the background sleeping in her cat bed :) 

Close up of the coat. It's actually black and grey-ish but my camera washes it out (of course). =p


I really liked this one in the stock photo!! I love how it goes all the way to your neck. If they had this in grey, that would be the best but they only had it in one color. LAME! =P I still loved it. It's less textured than the first coat but it's still pretty sturdy.

Sorry for the funny pose. These 10 second timers... so lame! =p


Overall, I really like the two coats. I like them both equally.. can't pick! They were really inexpensive. I got them both for $60 including shipping which is $5.99. I had a $10 off $60 code that I used at the checkout and 9.25% sales tax which made it even at $60. Now, you can even get cash back on eBates. Not too bad? :) Oh! The blush I am wearing is from Prescriptives! It's called Apricot! It's the top left hand corner. I really love the shade. It's amazing!



I finally tried the Revlon's Peach Petal lip gloss. At first I really didn't like it because I wasn't used to pale lips, but then it kind of grew on me when I thought of all those pretty Asian models in the fashion mags =P They always have the prettiest pout, don't you think? :)


It's a nudy pink shade that's on the sheerer side. You can totally build it up but it gets really blotchy. I had to use my finger to smooth out gloss.





Okay ladies. Enjoy the rest of your week! I'll talk to you all soon! :) Goodnight! :)

44 comments:

Catherine said...

The two coats are really cute and that blush looks amazing on you!

Georgina said...

cute coats! i like the second one, the texture looks so rich. :)

oh you have such cute lips! the gloss really suits you!

Anonymous said...

thats a cute coat!! you can never have too many jackets and coat.

the nudy pink gloss looks fab on you! i think my lips would look too pigmented for it :P

Nelah said...

Wow the second coat looks great on you. I don't think it is lame at all. I love shopping at Charlotte Russe, they have cute at affordable prices. I want to get your second coat.

You lip color is so natural and kissanle!

Kileen said...

both of those coats look really nice on you and i like the fit -- roomy is good considering you might have heavy sweaters and lots of layers on underneath!

the revlon gloss looks gorgeous!! love the pale pastel pink. definitely fashion mag worthy. :)

kileen
cuteandlittle.com

Gloria said...

Wahhh nice coats. I love wool coats and have been wearing for many years for the winter (even though they are nothing warm enough for the cold winters). I have decided to take a break from the wool coats this year and opted for a parka instead. I too, also love how the second jacket goes up to the neck. It stylish AND functional when it gets windy :)

I also love your makeup :D I was going to ask what blush you were using but teehee you already stated that. The lipgloss looks really good on you (just like the asian models >.<) I took a look at the Revlon display the other day for peach petals lipgloss but I couldn't find it :( Not sure if that's in the states only as well (We don't even have certain shades of the colourstay foundation). It seems the full line is hard to find here. Perhaps I'll try another store.

Stephanie C said...

Those coats look super cute on you! I love the second one. I also have Peach Petal, I didn't like it at first, but as it settles I think it looks quite lovely. I think it looks great on you!

Mindy♥ said...

ooooh great purchases!!! I love your hair in your pictures! and yayyy for exercise! LOL. No one can go wrong with more exercise, right?? :)

s said...

Wow the 1st coat runs big! But I do like the 2nd coat.. the neck is soo cute and it's more unique style!

I've had my eye on the peach petal gloss but never bought! I think it's pretty, and makes a nice, simple lip :)

I love the blush you're wearing!

Amy said...

That Peach Petal gloss looks great on you! Much better than it looks on me. :X You make me want to try it out in different ways now...

very♔aimée

Aney Mei said...

The wool coat looks gorgeous on you dear. Hope it keeps you warm! :)

Liana said...

ooh i like those jackets! i think i like the second one better though...and that lipgloss looks really pretty on you!


Fashion Bag 411

Diana said...

super cute coats loved the second one the best! :D

Unknown said...

I love your purchases ^^ The 2nd coat espcially, I totally am digging the cool collar xD I think your pics are so cute eheh esp the miffed expression you have in the 6th one :)

amynaree said...

the blush looks so cute on you and so does that gloss!

PetiteXXS said...

I vote for the 2nd coat! Looks like it fits you much better, and the neckline is more interesting. Can't believe they were so inexpensive!

Leenda said...

I really like the second jacket! I like how it goes up to your neck too! The blush really suits you. The lipgloss looks really pretty too!

Tammy said...

Aww congrats on getting started with the gym :) I always feel better when I'm working out but it's so bad because it's so easy to stop and harder to get started again >.<

The two coats are so pretty, I especially like the second one with the top flap that flips down :]

Anonymous said...

revlon is a good drugstore brand.

SAVING BETTY said...

i know exactly what you mean on working out.. its not even about dropping the weight but feeling good about your body and how far your body can go.

great blog <3

Unknown said...

Thanks ladies :) I can't wait to wear it on the weekend! :p I agree, the 2nd one is much more interesting! :)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

you look so gorgeous in every photo! you have such mad skills :) the coats do look snuggly hehe i used to shop at CR all the time.

Mary said...

nice! love the coat! too bad its still to hot here!

Jen said...

I think the second coat fits you beautifully! And it's so awesome that you're working out a lot. It IS so empowering and now you've just made me feel really lazy because I haven't truly exercised in months!!! I want to go for a run now... so thanks! Hahaha.

Have a great weekend girl!
Jen

Sharon said...

I personally really like the Peach Petal lip gloss! It's a very pretty nude matched with a smokey eye!

Mana said...

cute coat! I love the collar on the second one but the I favor the style of the first one more =) Oh your kitty looks so comfy, all nice and snuggled up in her bed! Sometimes I think that their beds are more comfy than ours lol, if only my dog would stop chewing up the beds we buy him! the revlon gloss looks great too! I've been hunting for a nude gloss that won't make me look too tan or washed out and but I've yet to find one! Have a great weekend!

Jenni said...

hi :) thanks for following! i just started to read your blog and am following you of course :)

you should def. get your hands on some Japanese makeup if you have the chance to ! ^_^

MissEmy said...

Love both the coats! THey are super stylish and they would probably go with most of one's wardrobe. :) I still need to buy a jacket like that for the winter... just haven't found the right one yet!

Blovet Beauty said...

i really love revlon lip glosses. looks so good on ur lips ~ pretty

Carrie Tai said...

love the coats...i will look very tiny if i wear such coats.... :(

ashura said...

i like the 2nd coat =) it makes u look cool~

Cylia said...

hey girl:) thanks for your sweet comment:D really appreciate it. I like your second coat the best:)! isn't my zara jacket great? haha.. not to be cocky or anything.. i just love having new clothing haha.. have a great week!

xx

Cylia

SiSi Sparkles said...

What a gorgeous blush color! I love it :]

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what lovely new coats you got!! Love em, looks great on you!
Yes, I know the feeling of empowerment! It's great that you're exercising and feeling better about yourself, good for you! =)

All Made Up said...

I always feel fantastic after a trip to the gym! Even just going for a run usually leaves me feeling great. The strange thing is that it takes serious effort to get started but once I do its always worth it!

Love the coat - it looks gorgeous and is a great shape. The lip gloss is lovely too, really like the shade you've gone for :)

Stephanie said...

Girl..Lancome Artliner is LIFE! I love it so much :D

How was your weekend?! I can't believe Monday is already tomorrow :(

Anonymous said...

I love Charlotte Russe. That is my store. I always find great things there. I will definitely visit them soon.

Hope you visit my blog. Follow if you wish and I'll return the favor.

http://mypretaporterblog.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

My momma had lasik! It must be nice to wake up and see everything clearly lol

Winnie said...

It's a great coat and awesome lipcolour too!

Nunu said...

Thank you :) Yes I got "shackled"!!!
I love winter coats, although I hate the cold! A black woolen trench coat is so classic you can probably wear it for years.
Love the peach gloss!

Linh N.L. said...

Really nice jackets, it looks great on you! Totally digging the second one tho! Wonder if they still have it in stock at CR, wouldn't mind snagging myself one. =]

Lesley said...

Wow, Charlotte Russe is really stepping up their game. Love that jacket!

Xailar said...

revlon is a really good brand fo sure http://loonaas.blogspot.com/

cotton lab coat said...

your right, your not fat on the picture, actually your sexy, that's why the coats are perfects fits for you. anyway, the coats are pretty, and also the the blush on