Thursday, June 3, 2010

Effortless Weekend

Happy Thursday! This week has been very hectic for me. Lots of deadlines to meet and things at home to take care of. Over the Memorial day weekend, I took a last minute flight to visit my family. It was nice being at home, lounging around in my room and feeling content in a very familiar surrounding. I don't go home often enough but when I do, it's always nice to bring back a happy memory for me to dwell on when I'm here. You know how once you move out, relationships with your parents change? Mine seems to have changed for the better and I enjoy shopping with my mom and eating cheese with her =)

I also came back with some goodies! Remember my last post about L&S skincare from Korea? I have found zero info on it through Google which I find a little odd. Wouldn't you think so? o_o Anyway, my mom's friend bought it for me since she knew I loved cosmetics and creams.

I haven't really used this BB cream yet. I also have a sample sized one of this too, which I will start using sometime soon. It's very nice, and covers quite nicely. It has a sheer finish and  feels nice and light on the skin. From my experience, BB creams are creams that multitask in a variety of ways, from priming the skin to treating acne and breakouts. It used to be used by dermatologists to treat problem skin and to cover scars, but since then BB creams have evolved into the cosmetic market as miracle creams. These miracle creams are still somewhat new to me, but it seems they function all in a relatively similar manner which is to be the cousin of the foundation. This product that I used (although i couldn't find any reviews or anything at all on it) seems highly moisturizing and balmy. Since it provides sheer coverage, the consistency is a little watery but it works great as a tinted moisturizer. I apply it with my fingertips to highlight my face and to give it a brighter glow especially when you wake up really tired. And it has some SPF in it which is a plus :) Always. I think it works for most skin tones that range in a pink to yellow undertone, and it eventually molds to your skin's natural color, enhancing it at best. Setting it with a powder makes the product last longer and softens your face instantly.


A matching powder to go along with the cream! The design of the compact is fantastic. It has a little plastic separator for the sponge to go on top without touching the pan. I really liked how it looked, kind of the traditional square compact, the gold colored rim,and the soft applicator you may or may not use. The case was not flimsy and it's light and portable. The shade looks a little too light when swatched that way but it really gives that nice, luminescent glow. I used it when I went to dinner with my family and after I came home, my makeup was still set. I also noticed the very pleasant smell.. it's so hard to describe, but it has a sweet, musky floral scent. It's very pleasing, I wish I could let you all scratch and sniff it on the screen! =p  

I haven't used it long enough to rate it fairly but I do love how it wakes a dull face :) The powder is very fine and compressed with a nice, very silky texture. I just wish I could find more info about this brand. All I know is that it's made in Korea, from what it says on the box =p

And lastly, my thoughts on the Lioele BB cream!


Intense stuff right? I originally saw the review from another blogger and really wanted to try it. SO BAD. I finally ordered it and it was shipped to me from Korea =P It took 10 days, which is pretty good. It survived many weather conditions I'm sure. Anyway, from the look of the swatch, it's pretty obvious to say this BB cream is the mother of them all. It's very foundation-like and is very thick. Provides heavy coverage for me and has no indication of SPF although it says that it blocks UV rays. I loved the packaging of it, but I worry since it's on of those press and squeeze tubes, I may have to cut it open when it starts running low. But I'm sure I won't be low anytime soon because a little goes a long, long way. The result of half a pump is what you see on my hand! Crazy. I really like this product. It delivers really nice results and covers like a hardcore concealer. It's like my Dior Sculpt foundation that I rarely use because of its heavy coverage. I plan to have some before and after pictures in my next post. Brace yourself for that =p Overall, coverage is great and I love the creaminess of the cream. It gives a dewy finish and is very moisturizing. The smell is a little medicinal for me and it may be heavy for some people. I didn't mind the smell though. I just hate products that smell of rust and metal. And believe me, there are some. Especially minerally SPF ones.

I plan on trying the Dr Jart one that many gals recommended me to. I'll give it a go when I find it =D


<--- I used half a pump of the Lioele BB cream. It covered my dark circles pretty thoroughly and evened out my skin tone so much. I was running on 4 hrs of sleep and had really dull, blotchy skin. I owe it all to this amazing cream. I love it =D Hopefully it works well in the hotter months coming up.











Happy Friday to you all tomorrow! Thank you all for your lovely comments :) You gals flatter me with your infectious personalities. And you all draw inspiration to my daily life. I was such a bum before I started blogging but I've become more keen on fashion and beauty from reading all your reviews and tips and favorites =) It's endless and infinite how much I appreciate the blogger community.

When you gals have a chance, I want to introduce my very quirky best friend. I convinced her to start a blog so she can record recipes and share tips with me. She's a lemon bar - loves to bake and cook whenever she has time :)

10 comments:

Tiptoe21 said...

Thanks for the review! I think i'll get the Lioele BB cream for my dry skin days. I've been drooling over that product for the longest time now!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

omg now i'm just so tempted to get a bb cream. i've never tried one ever!

Mai said...

Man I've always wanted to try BB creams, but I just know that they're way too light for my skin, especially now that I've tanned.

Thanks for the reviewww

Susie said...

Yay, I love BB Cream! :D

rene said...

Thanks for your sweet comment!
U know what? I don't own a BB cream! haha!
But I'm eyeing one now. I'm gonna get it soon! It's the skin79 gold caviar one! =))

Unknown said...

i still haven't tried any BB creams yet :P i'm still a no foundation girl because i hate the feeling that i have something all over my face especially in the summer! but i'm pretty sure i'm going to use BB cream before i use foundation because it seems a lot lightweight!

i'm enjoying the blogging community too more and more everyday :)

going to follow your friend now!! :D

ChyiX2 said...

Wow, the Lioele BB crem looks really good on you. Up until now I've resisted the urge to buy BB creams but seeing this makes me want to try it...so bad! Which website did you get it from?

Lilladylife said...

i love bb cream!!!!!! the liole one looks so good on you! wow u look amazing for 4 hrs sleep i look like i survived a plane wrech haha, thanks for posting~

MadsaboutU said...

You look great considering you only get 4 hours of sleep! I don't have any of this cream but will google it and figure out how I can get my hands on it, haha. thanks!

Crystal said...

Hey thanks for visiting, I'm following you also!^0^ I am doing a general sales internship. I am a freshman, so there's really not much I can do, haha!