Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday Morning Stuff

Hi everyone :)  I hope you all had a manageable week and ready to start the weekend!! :)

Recently I picked up the Revlon's Peach Petal nail polish and I fell in love with it. Then I saw the Peach Petal lipgloss at Walgreens and it was on clearance... and I had to get it  :) I love the peachy petally shades! LOL I got it for $1.20 or something. Why it was on clearance... no idea. It was sealed of course. I guess they're trying to get rid of their inventory to make room for newer collections?

Isn't it really pretty? I haven't used it yet, but I did swatch it on a clean paper  =p I can tell that it's a really nude shade that will look striking for people with pigmented lips like myself. I just hope it won't look frosty... that's the worst!! I hate the peal of looking like a clubbing style lip whore when it's inadvertently in overshine. Know what I mean? :) That's how I feel about frosty shades. YUCK! Anyway, I can't wait to try this :) High hopes! To be quite honest, I'm not a huge fan of the formula. I feel like the glosses just stay on the surface and never really penetrate and nourish the lips. But that could just be the shades I have since they are significantly older.

Yesterday I went to the Korean part of town (El Camino Rd in San Jose for those who are familiar) :) I had Korean food... YUM! :) In the plaza, they also have the Face Shop where they sell a myriad of Korean skincare and makeup. Tons of cleansers, BB creams, cosmetic stuff. It's a dainty little store that has a lot of their popular items sold in Korea. Not too far outside the plaza, there is another one near the Galleria market... where they sell skincare and stuff.

Have you gals heard of this brand? The SA convinced me to try this since I ran out of my moisturizer. I couldn't find any reviews on it online. She said it's really popular in Korea. Ahh, I don't know :p I'll have to try it... not sure if I can return it. It was a small store anyhow. I'll review it soon enough :)

I recently acquired a Miss Sixty leather jacket. The arms are huge which I don't find flattering. Sometimes I think I can make it work... I haven't found a way yet, haha. I

12 comments:

kali said...

Great haul! And I have that Revlon gloss and love it. =) Also, I like the jacket on you!

Cassandra said...

Love the lipgloss!!:D

<3Cassie

Unknown said...

omg they have the face shop in America :O! Lucky~! And great deal on the Revlon gloss, if you like it may try to hunt it down too (I actually got NYX Indian Pink b/c of you ;) ).

Mara said...

I don't have that gloss in that shade. Such a pretty nudy color. Darn it! Cute boots, I love.

나니 said...

I love the leggings, you're wearing! And I got 3 of the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipglosses. Just ordered the one in Pink Whisper and I LOVE them!

Lilladylife said...

love the outfits!

Gloria said...

Peach Petal has some really good ratings. I second you on the frosty lipglosses and the formula of this lipgloss. I've tried two of the lustre glosses and they are thick and always sting my lips. I have the shade pink whisper because I thought it would wipe out my pigmented lips and give me that gorgeous pink lip all the Asian models have haha, but I was sad to find out it was so frosty.

Mana said...

I really like your third outfit! It loks comfy and classy~ I hope the lip gloss works out the way you wanted it to! I hate when makeup doesn't perform to my expectations because then you have this piece of makeup that you don't even want to use anymore! Especially lipsticks/glosses and mascara!

Anonymous said...

It does look like a pretty colour though I'm also not always a huge fan of gloss for the same reason. Plus it can often be really sticky ! I've never bought anything from Miss Sixty but I think it looks alright ! Perhaps pair it with a wife-beater ? ;-)

♥Bunny♥ said...

Cuuuuuuuuuuuuute! I love the jacket!
and you're so lucky to find that shade so cheap! That looks likea nice color!

Leenda said...

Yea I know what you mean about frosted lip gloss. I don't like them either. hahah It makes your lips look fake! hahah Anyway...I really like your leather jacket! I think it looks good on you! I'm pretty sure you can find a way to work it. =]

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

wow, so envy the leather jacket and the boots!
us people from tropical countries can only drool..hehe.

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥