Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Loreal Million Lashes Mascara, Charlotte Russe shoes, and a new FAVE concealer!

Loreal recently came out with a new mascara that I lusted to try. After some internal debate about whether or not to get it... I decided to be bold and get it =P Maybe it's the pretty packaging? Or the sleekness of the design? I usually try to wait for reviews on mascaras before falling into the hype of the tacky mascara commercials. Turns out the models wear false lashes and/or have extensions or photoshop them in. I sorta knew that already, but I can't help but wish I had the voluptuous lash look as well =P

I didn't really like it too much. The mascara doesn't hold well nor has enough volume power in the formula to amp up my lashes. I also didn't like the brush either. I'm not a fan of the flexi-rubbery, stiff as hell lash brushes. They don't do anything for me except emphasize the straightness in my barely there lashes. I much prefer my brush to be made of soft bristles or the curved brushes that help bring the lashes up. What do you gals prefer? :)

And a new FAVORITE I've been using for weeks now. I finally found an HG concealer that I can vouch for. It TRULY truly works!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The Maybelline Mineral Concealer :)
 One of my good friends recommended this to me awhile ago, and I always meant to go get it when I went low on my supply of concealers. It went on sale at the drugstore, so I got it and I freaking LOVE it. It's better than all my Lancome, MAC and Elf ones combined.

Here's why!
The intensely creamy formula really packs a punch. I got the shade Ivory 2-3 and it really lightens dark circles and highlights your eyes. I REALLY love this product like there is no tomorrow. Texture is also really soft and not grainy. It's highly moisturizing and doesn't have a weird smell at all. I'm really happy that I finally found a concealer that really brightens and not just conceal. It's a 2 in 1 that's in a convenient tube thing you can take anywhere, much like the ELF one that I reviewed.


Eye Products (after 10 hrs of wear!)
Loreal Million Lashes Mascara
Maybelline Gel Liner - Blackest Black
Maybelline Mineral Concealer - Ivory 2/3
Brown eyeshadow

Before work:




 After Work:

I started using Loreal's True Match blush Subtle Sable and you can really see the warmth on my face (and in the pictures). It's a really nice shade and I adore it!! :) Blushes usually wash out in pictures for me but this one seemed to be fine. It kind of faded after work but you can see the hint of it there. I think it oxidizes and blends into your skin to give you a flattering glow. I've seen other people wear the same shade and it always looks different on everyone. Maybe that's why it's called True Match? haha Who knows? =P It's good stuff!!

Remember I ordered shoes from Charlotte Russe? 


My order came within a week. I also got the 10% off so my boots were $25 and the braided t-straps were $8! I just ordered two coats from them today and I hope to get them in the next week or so! :)

Alright all :) I hope you are all having a nice week so far. Goodnight! :)

29 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oooh! Love the bangs <3 and the new shoes :) I just tried the Maybelline instant age rewinder concealer :D It's a dream; you should try it lol!

Unknown said...

love the furry boots! Whut...the Maybelline Mineral Concealer is that good?? I have to try that out then....which is the 4th concealer I've tried in 2 months, and I'm starting to think I'll never find a concealer I like...

I havent tried many mascaras so I don't actually have a favorite...but too bad about the Million Lashes, the packaging looks really nice...

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Thanks for the review on that mascara. I wanted to go buy it and try it but I have only read bad reviews about it. So I might not waste my money on it.

Thats my fave concealer too! Love how it is moisturizing for under eyes. :)

Charlotte Russe has great shoes! For great price! Love those fur boots you got! SO stylish!

The bangs looks great on you BTW! ^_^

Mindy♥ said...

omg I was tempted to buy that mascara because of the pretty packaging. LOL. Looks like I may need to keep myself from buying it. Sweet boots!

Mara said...

I love that blush on you. Truly natural looking and gives you just the perfect amount of flush on your cheeks. I'm using the mascara you just purchased and it's ok. I use it mostly to separate my lashes when they're clumpy from too many coats of volumizing mascara. BTW thanks for entering my contest. :)

Tammy said...

Thx for the mascara review...I'm always wanting to try new ones out too. And I'm def. going to try out that concealer out. I use to use Lancome's Effercernes and I liked it a lot but it was too expensive to keep up :X

Liana said...

omg you totally have me wanting to try that concealer now! you enabler :P too bad that mascara didn't work out for you, ive been kinda interested in trying but now i don't know...i love the shoes you got too those boots are great!

Unknown said...

Oo...nice suggestions! Now I'm going to have to go find the products you mentioned, I'm especially curious of the "true match" blush!

And I love those fur boots! <3

JESSU @ Defining Beauty

Petite Gorgeous said...

The brown sandals are very pretty! Do you recall how many shades the concealer comes in? My problem with buying drug store makeup products is that I can't try them on before purchasing. So it's not easy for me to find a shade that matches my skin tone without having to buy 2 or 3.

Anonymous said...

I love the glow you have there!

the concealer sounds great, i would like to check it out in the UK as it much cheaper there.

Your boots are cute, i've seen some hideous furry ones but I like the ones you've chosen :P

Gloria said...

I've had a hard time deciding whether to try the mineral or the superstay concealer when I'm done my current one. How is the concealer for covering blemishes?

I'm also very jealous of your Charlotte Russe haul ;)

s said...

Jen~ how do you always look so glowy and gorgeous? Love it! I've also seen other positive reviews for that concealer~ I'm gonna have to pick one up when Walgreens has one of their deals!

Can't wait to see your CR coats! I was eyeing a couple.. I wonder if you picked any of the ones I was interested in :)

Ping said...

super cute heels and boots jen! i love the fur on the boots. you have to wear them at our meetup!!!

Amy said...

A good drugstore brand concealer? I definitely have to try this :)

The Charlotte Russe boots are adorable. You should post an outfit with them!

very♔aimée

Jess said...

Thanks for the mascara review! I used to be a mascara addict, hehe...

You look fabulous as always! And I love your furry boots a lot!

amynaree said...

loving the furry boots you got, so cute! i've been looking for one like that as well

Gaby Fauchon said...

Aww that's sad that the new L'Oréal mascara didn't work well. I wasn't really tempted to try it since I'm not a fan of L'Oréal mascara, but now I'm glad I didn't.

Unknown said...

I agree, I hate the rubber bristles too; I much prefer the traditional mascara brushes. And the concealer looks really good; you can't see any bagginess or dark circles at all in your pictures. I think I'll check it out when I am at the drugstore next time :)

Petiteélégant said...

I like the furry boots. Are they comfortable?

hawaiiattheheart said...

stalking you still. just in case you didn't know. :) LYLAS always & forever. vacay soon?? miss && love you to bits!! :)

♥Bunny♥ said...

Sad to hear about the mascara :( But the packaging definately look so pretty with Gold :D
I like the maybelline's mascara. Forgot what's it called but its the green packaging! Its my altime fav and it definately gives volume and length!!

and love the boots!! Its soooo cute!! and fluffeh > <

Nunu said...

At first when I saw that mascara I went into magpie mode, "oooh shiny!!" then I saw the big fat plastic brush and realised i'll never be able to use it on my puny eyes.
Those furry boots are so cute!!!

Candice said...

You look so pretty! I love those braided sandals; so cute!!
I'm going to try that concealer now!

Unknown said...

The bangs look so cute :-)

Susie said...

I used to use that concealer too! It's great =) CUTE freaking shoes<3

Winnie said...

It's a great concealer, do you follow bubzbeauty on youtube? She compared the concealer to a Shu Uemura one I think, definitely a great buy!

Unknown said...

that concealer will be my next drugstore purchase. I've been wanting to try it. It looks so good on you and the coverage is great!

and i'm sorry the mascara didn't work out too well!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

what a steal on those shoes! i love the fuzzy boots :D i think i spotted a new concealer to try ! yayyy

<3 angie
Pandaphilia

Ebru said...

Hey girlie, thanks for your comment on my post! I stopped by to check out your review on the Maybelline concealer :) It looks a very good product, I think I'll give it a shot! Maybe it's the one I've been searching for all along? Hopefully! ;)