Thursday, September 23, 2010

ELF Concealer/Highlighter, Milani glosses and Accessories

I know I've probably reviewed the ELF Concealer/Highlighter Duo before, but I started using it a lot these past weeks and I am loving it more and more each day. It's really an awesome value at $3.00 and while you can get it for less if you get the 50% discount, the $3.00 price tag is pretty awesome. Shade is in Light/Glow.

It works really well for me and has slowly become a favorite of mine. I bought it thinking it will just be good to travel with but the formula would be sheer, and not mediocre. In fact, it's the opposite for me. I guess to some people it may still be crap, but I honestly love it. It covers well, opaque enough and lasts all day. The highlighter is ehh for me. I don't care for it. I only like the concealer part :) The best part? Inexpensive and effective. It was the best $3.00 I've ever spent on a random concealer =p I just felt like raving about it today. I've been getting minimal amounts of sleep and this has been an eye saver :)


Over the Labor Day weekend, I also bought some Milani lip glosses from all the hype I've heard about them. R-L Whisper, Hush Hush.


My verdict? They are a definite no. These lip glosses are terrible, possibly the worse I've ever used. The colors are horribly sheer and and very sticky with a very strong synthetic vanilla scent. I expected Whisper to be a milky pink shade because it looked pretty opaque from the packaging. But no go, there was barely any color. And whatever color there actually was, the gloss in itself was a big goopy disappointment. Hush Hush is completely unwearable. From the packaging, it looked like a bronzy pink, but it was over the top frosty and really skanky looking. Can lip glosses even be described as skanky?  =p And the smell is unbearable. I usually love scented glosses, but these... these were nauseating. This is an understatement.

Anyway! I also ordered some accessories from Forever 21. I think I'm starting to become obsessed with shopping online! My order came in less a week, with free shipping and everything packaged so neatly that I didn't have to browse through the messy, crowded shackles of the mall to get into the even more messier, tween laden store.

I also got a white scarf that I somehow didn't get a picture of.  The accessories are casual. I especially love the hair clips and the clock necklace :) The last picture is crap. It looks a lot better in person :)

I also got some new jammies for the Fall :) I love fuzzy sleeping pants. There's something so youthful and quirky about them.


Makeup:

Revlon Photo Finish in Nude
ELF Concealer/Highlighter in Light/Glow
Sephora Palette for eyeshadow, blush and lip gloss - I used the first blush. Isn't it extremely pigmented? One swipe and I had to soften the color. It was way to sharp for work. 

I hope you all have a wonderful Friday tomm. I'm off to catch up on blogs now :)


35 comments:

Nunu said...

haha! a skanky lipgloss xD
Those hair pins are so cute! I might have to brave school girls to get them! I've always wanted to wear pearls in my hair xD

BARESTUDY (Janelle) said...

i have the same sephora pallette. i love it, but yes, it's very very pigmented. oh well.. great deal. :)

it's sooo easy to get addicted to online shopping. i'm guilty of it too. i actually do want to stop shopping for a little while just to give my credit card a little break. haha!!!

Mai said...

Oh my gosh I NEED to get that retro bicycle necklace!

Unknown said...

ok, I'm totally getting the ELF concealer ^_^ I've been looking around for a cheap concealer and this one seems really promising! and thanks for the tip about Milani lipglosses :P I

also u look adorable in those PJs xD~

kali said...

I actually wore this concealer today! And I loveeee the clock necklace. =)

s said...

I saw that bicycle necklace on F21!! It's so funky and unique, cute!

I may give that ELF concealer a try! I like that you find it opaque. I have a Milani concealer, but it doesn't do the job.

Hehe cute jammies! I find them youthful too :) I like to sleep in A&F shorts&tees and pretend I'm still young :p

Hey btw we're thinking of having a girls night! Not sure if SF or South Bay.. but I think SF :) Let's try to coordinate!

Mandy said...

love the necklaces you bought!
and nice jammies!

♥ c.angie ♥ said...

You got me wonder about the elf's concealer/highlier now hahahaa it really reminds me of the Maybelline Age rewind concealer but this one is better since it's cheaper!! i wantt it lol btw, you still look super gorgeous in pj haha

Unknown said...

Nice jewelry purchases! I like shopping online too, and I noticed they lowered the free shipping requirements from $75 to $50! XD

Oh and I'll have to try the Elf duo! I used to love using highlighter...haven't used one in a long time but I do think they're useful if I need to wear a lot of make up ;P

Maggie said...

Love the accessories you got! Especially the old-fashioned bicycle! :)

Petite Gorgeous said...

Love the bicycle necklace!

May I suggest you do a post of all the ELF products you recommend? I was looking at the website and there're so many products. I felt overwhelmed and ended up not purchasing anything heh.

sssdawna said...

thanks for the review of the milani lip glosses! i'll have to check out the sephora kit if it really is pigmented : )

Ping said...

i love all the accessories you got...i been getting a lot of necklaces, earrings & hair stuff from them too. can't wait to see you wear them with an outfit!

Stephanie C said...

That's so weird, I've tried those Milani glosses and they were vanilla-y but not synthetic smelling. They reminded me of mac lipglasses, maybe it depends on the colors?

Anyway lol I love ELF stuff! I think they have great quality for cheap prices

The bangs look super cute on u!

Sarah said...

sounds good, i wonder if i can get this in the UK!

That bicycle necklace is SO AWESOME! xxx

Anonymous said...

Love all the stuff you bought, I'm a big fan of ELF great products.

Liana said...

great haul! ive been wanting to try that elf concealer, i just may have to now..thanks for the review! i love fuzzy pj's too, makes me feel like a kid again :)

Unknown said...

thanks for the review! need to purchase that ELF concealer/highlighter next time i make an online haul! :P i love F21 accessories too!! i actually bought some the other day...it was tuesday, and my package arrived thursday! can't wait to go home this weekend and open it! and i love your jammies!! i would live in jammies if people didn't judge me :( haha

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

you look great! hehe i use the same foundation and have the elf concealer too but i like elf's stick concealer better. i love your healthy glow and fuzzy pj's!

haha tell me about it. i'm so obsessed with shopping online D: it never ends! f21 online def beats wading through the mess in stores

Tammy said...

Hey Jen! Hehehe you look so cute in your photo with the jammies^^ I'm really obsessed with shopping online too now. I think I'm actually more weary of shopping in stores now than I am online, really screwed up hey? The accessories you ordered form F21 are so cute!

I'm really trying to break away from my sheer and nude baby pinks and venture into some bolder colours :D

ashura said...

I love your accessories from Forever 21! And the lipglosses sound horrible. Can never imagine a lipgloss being so horrible! Your jammies look very comfortable too. They are from Forever 21?

Sharon Lei said...

What fun necklaces from F21 :)

xx Love & Aloha

Leenda said...

You picked up so many wonderful accessories! I love them all! They look like ones I would pick up too. lol

serenadeveryday said...

I LOVE your makeup jen! You're getting better and better at posing for your photos. =] You look so pretty.

I've actually seen that ELF concealer and thought about buying it but didn't because I have product I already need to finish. Now I'm tempted to give it a try...after I finish what I have. =P

Shopping online is so addicting! Once you start it is so hard to stop. You get all clicker happy huh?! I still shop online once in awhile but I've been good. Good with online shopping but bad with shopping IRL. Can't wait to see the outfits you wear these accessories with.


<3s Serena.

PetiteXXS said...

I haven't been getting enough sleep and desperately need undereye concealer these days to not look like the walking dead! Will definitely try this out if I ever find a store that carries ELF!

Jess ♡ said...

I saw that at Winners (the highlighter/concealer duo) and was tempted to get it... but wasn't sure! Now I'm definitely going out and snatching that badboy.

I LOVE THAT BICYCLE NECKLACE. Watch out, I might steal it ;)!

Cylia said...

ive never in my life used foundation or concealer.. :o It's so great you put your passion and effort into your posts:) your awesome!

xx

Cyliaaaa.blogspot.com

KRISTY said...

Ok first of all, THANKS SO MUCH fore reviewing the ELF Studio line concealer for us. I have a bad case of dark circles and I'm still in the search of finding the concealer that can actually work on my dark circles! Since this is inexpensive, I might as well just try it ;)

Second of all, great loot from F21! I really love their accessories :) My favorite one is that old bicycle necklace. How adorable!

www.monochromachic.com

Diana said...

I love fuzzy sleeping pants to, makes me want to stay home all day haha. Forget about work and school!

Mara said...

What an amazing haul. Damn, makes me want to go and get it all. I really like the color of that blush you used. So pretty and pigmented. BTW that ELF concealor for $3...what a steal. Anyways, I'd like to tagg you to do the 21 picture post when you have time. Since you enjoyed my post, I'd love to read all about yours. :)

Anonymous said...

I think the timepiece necklace is so cute! lovely pick :)

you look adorable there!

Anonymous said...

I LOVEEE shopping online haha! There's just something about the feeling of anticipation and then when you get it... the opening is just SO much better than just going there and buying it haha.
Love the accessories, all so lovely~

Jennet said...

The watch necklace is so cute! I think I saw a similar one at UO, but it was kinda pricy, lol.

You look fresh and glowing, even in your jammies! :D

Anonymous said...

hi,may i know where you got the elf concealer

Unknown said...

Anonymous - I bought the concealer @ Target! :) I didn't want to pay for the shipping through their website :p Sometimes they have free shipping though :) Retailmenot.com has codes!