Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Leave-in face mask, mini Lancome review and summer pick-me-ups

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a nice 4th of July weekend! I had the best weekend ever. I rested a lot, spent lots of time with loved ones and had a great time overall :)

Last weekend, I attended SF's Gay Pride and saw the Backstreet Boys! LOL It was OKAY. They performed two and a half songs and didn't do a very good job at it. But it's okay, at least they were there I guess =p What sucked even more that weekend was that I had a bad case of sunburn on my shoulders!


 I wore Lancome's SPF 50 sunscreen all over, but I don't think it was enough. It was pretty warm that day. My arm is better now, but now I am unevenly tanned in some places... haha Well, it's peeling now and I see that it's getting lighter again. I've been putting aloe on it daily and taking good care of it with ice packs and whatnot. But the sunburn sucked!


And now I am back to do a review of a product that I really like - Body Shop's Vitamin E Sink-in mask.


I've probably written about this numerous times when I first started blogging here =p I don't think I've  noted exactly how much of a replenisher this is when your skin is in need of deep hydration.


I usually wear it a few times a week. Since it's a leave-in mask, you don't have to wash it off at all. When I wake up in the morning, my skin feels radiant and pampered. It softens up your skin like no other. And since it's mostly Vitamin E (which is really good for the skin) , the intense hydration does not go unnoticed. The pale pink formula is cooling on your skin and does not feel tacky, although it feels thicker than a lotion. Think thick, rich night cream consistency.

The only thing that I don't like about this is the strong smell. It has a strong baby smell...=p It's like baby body wash and baby powder (probably mixed together). I don't know how to explain it, but it's a strong smell. I've overlooked the smell because of the mask's benefit on my skin but the smell is very strong. Beware of that =/

Anyway, I started using the Lancome Ageless Minerale translucent powder. It controls oil very well! Below are some pics taken over the weekend. I used Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer Liquid sunscreen in SPF 55 and dusted some of the mineral powder over it.  The night before, I used the Vitamin E mask/cream.


I plan on reviewing the sunscreen as well. I really like the formula. I'll review it after a few more uses! :) The Lancome powder has a very soft focus finish and has a subtle pink glow. I really like it because it feels so light and has no funky mineral-y smell.


Here are some cute skirts I picked up at H&M awhile ago! I really love florals. This is actually shorts but in a skirt way. Skorts? I don't know =p



A purple-ish skirt I picked up at H&M. I imagine wearing this with a plain white top and a cardigan. The pattern is kind of busy, but I hope a plain top can balance the focus.



I also picked up some PJ's at Target! I love the colors :)




A dress I got at Macy's a little while ago. I love the simplicity of it and the loose fit. I imagine it can be worn day and night with the right accessories.


Anyway, that's it! That is all I have to post for tonight. I shall be back very soon to review other things in my list of things to review =p Til then, have a happy remainder of your Tuesday!

29 comments:

Denysia Yu said...

Awww... it sucks getting sunburned!

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

your pictures look slightly bigger! they're awesome :) hehe i love the ones in which you're laughing - so cute

i'm sorry you got a sunburn :( my dad makes me go outside in long sleeve shirts so i won't gripe about getting all red and tan xD haha good dad.

Ricademus said...

When my wife and I are headed to an outdoor festival I try to get her to wear one of my t-shirts so her shoulders will be protected. Sometimes she does--and she looks just as cute that way. I'm sure you would too...and no burn.

Mai said...

Awww sucks about your sunburn but wow Backstreet Boys, they certainly bring me back

I was more of an N'Sync fan though :P

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

Aww thank you :D ! Haha I ran my straightener through my hair a bit to curl it. Normally my hair can get pretty wavy naturally but it looks really messy and uneven :3

Susie said...

Holy cow look at your sunburn! SPF 50 too!? Craaaaaaaazy! You better put on hella' aloe vera :P

Cute skirts btw! :D

Anonymous said...

That body shop vitamin e mask looks intriguing! Sorry about your sunburn :( Make sure to keep it moisturized so you can peel as little as possible! x

Unknown said...

omgoshh poor you! that looks like a pretty bad sunburn!! hope it doesn't peel on you!!

strong baby smell?! i love baby lotion and baby powder! haha i probably would love it :D thanks for the review!

you are sooOo cute! your pictures and so "fresh faced and young" :)

i really like the H&M skirt you picked up! it looks super flowy for those hot summer days :)

MissS.elle said...

OUch your sunburn! >_<" But omg you saw the BSB!!! I've been a fan since I was 6 xD Your skin looks awesome! I've been using the ultra sheer liquid sunscreen too and it's the best face sunscreen I've used on my face so far. Except that it's still a bit greasy on me but I blot it away and I'm ok for the day :)

Leenda said...

Oh man! That sunburn looks like it HURTS! =( Hopefully it will heal sooner than later. hahah You got some really cute clothing items! I wish we had an H&M in Houston. Boo.. Your skin looks so smooth and soft in the pictures. Nice!

- susy - said...

oooooh boy, your tan line looks like mine! i hope it is all recovered before this weekend. see you soon!!! you are coming out right?

ChyiX2 said...

Oy! That sunburn looks painful. Put some aloe on it. I hope that soulder will feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Omgoshhhh that sunburn looks like it hurt!! >< Glad it's getting better though!

s said...

Oooh those floral "skort" are waay cute!!

And your pics are adorable :) Love the top left one haha.

Crystal said...

Cute skirts, and I really want to try the mask now, haha, I heard the eye cream from the same line is good also.

Lilladylife said...

whoa ur burn oh my plz feel better soon!!! haha the back street boys! =D

MadsaboutU said...

Good Gawd your sunburn is crazy! That's how much fun you had! It will make you remember how you get it for a while. I still have my sunburn from a few months ago and it itched for weeks after I got it. I love the skirts...now I need the sun to come out so I can wear some around here! I can't wait for you to post your pics wearing them.

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

hehe thanks :D it's def a great lipstick!

Nunu said...

Ouch! what a painful sunburn!
You should try putting some aloe gel on it, it's suppose to really help with sun burns.
The Alice palette is pretty, but it's really not that versatile - I've barely touched 90% of the shadows and I've had it for over 5 months!
I love that floral skort (haha) that you got from H&M!

Jess said...

You look so pretty in the photos! So fresh and natural!

Btw, how did you arrange two pictures side by side here at blogger? I can't do that with my layout I think...

Anonymous said...

That H&M floral skirt/shorts is so cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

ouch a slap of aloe should help! i like a laughing smiling pic, v pretty :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, your sunburn looks painful! I'm glad your arm is doing better though.
Wish I could've seen the Backstreet Boys! Hahahah, brings back memories :)

Unknown said...

gosh...the sun burnt must be very painful...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment while I was on holiday. I used Sally Hansen Maximum Growth in Pure White Tip in my preparing nails post.

Gizelle Faye | Vanilla Ice Cream said...

i used to get sunburned a lot when i was younger...and the worst i got was when i could no longer move my arms because it was so painful to move with my skin..hehe. i've been slathering on sunblock every 30 mins since...

love the floral skorts!

♥ vanilla ice cream ♥

rene said...

You look so cute in the last 2 photos!

I love the floral shorts from H&M!

Unknown said...

ouch that's very painful! know how you feel girl!
but the other pictures are really cute : )

http://lovesljd.blogspot.com

Mandy said...

ouch to the sunburn! i always get sun burnt in summer cos i beach a lot. Apparently you're supposed to put on sunscreen every 30 minutes :S
of course i never do that :p