Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Minimalistic

I absolutely adore highlighting creams. They are magical little weapons :)

My current favorite is the Smashbox highlighting quad.


I've gone through a few of these within the past few years and have been consistently loyal to this brand. I really like the colors in the quad, especially the pearly white color for the brow bone. There's some gold specs in there as well, added for extra shimmer. At first, I was really iffy because I am not a fan of ultra high shimmer, but I've grown to like how it lightens up your frame and brings you to life at your dullest moments. This stays on ALL day unlike my blushes where they fade fast into the afternoon. Mostly, I use it by itself. Sometimes I'd layer it on top of the blush to get a more prominent color, but most of the time, applied by itself works like magic.

Any favorite brands, anyone? :)





Milani HD Advanced Concealer - I really like this concealer. I bought it a few months back but haven't really been using it much, but I recently started using it a lot and I haven't stopped since. I normally use my MAC ones, but I find this formula to be ultra hydrating (more so than MAC - I use studio finish concealer), and light. The formula has a sheer texture and doesn't cover heavily by any means, but it's a nice lightweight concealer for the nose area or the mouth area where you don't need to cover as much. I got the shade in 01 Light and gives a nice, soft finish at the end. The concealed area looks brighter and much more supple. I highly recommend it!


=P


 Kat Von D Beethoven palette - Love this to pieces! :) Highly pigmented, wearable smokey shades. Has a mixture of matte and shimmery shades.




Products I used!
Milani HD Advanced Concealer
Smashbox Highlighter Quad
Kat Von D shadow in Tequilla
Translucent powder
Loreal Telescopic Mascara

 Pretty minimal, yes?

Hope you are all having a fun week!

20 comments:

Maggie said...

Oooh, I've wanted the Kat Von D 'Ludwig' palette for a long time. The Beethoven palette is pretty too, but Ludwig is more neutral...which is more me haha. I might have to check out some Smashbox stuff soon. :)

Jenny said...

You look gorgeous hun! Love the products and I LOVE YOUR BLOG! You're so down to earth, please update it more often :) Thank you for sharing!

MissS.elle said...

Wow you skin looks gorgeous as always! :D Love the eotd!

Jean said...

I really like your eyeshadow palette - so many "wearable" colors! Where is Kat Von D sold?

Unknown said...

PAG: Kat Von D is sold at Sephora! :) I've seen it at Nordstrom Rack once for a discounted price. Sephora carries it for around $34, but you can find better prices online :D

Liana said...

ooh i have the same concealer and i love it! i use it under my eyes after regular concealer to highlight and hydrate. :)

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

Yay for minimal makeup :) I really like a clean face without all that glitter and heavy shadow on my face. I also hate smudging eyeliner so my favourite days are when I only have foundation and mascara on :)

Anonymous said...

I like the highlighting quad, lovely colours.

Anonymous said...

The Kat Von D Beethoven palette is so pretty! They're all shades that I use. Definitely want to check that out! Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

ohh pretty swatches i have yetto try smashbox stuff. i think minal makeup for me is concealer and blush and nice pair of brows LOL.

-mztoots- said...

my fave part of this post is the food lol sigh im so fat

Crystal said...

I have really not been really into smashbox, I should probably give it a try. I love the blush on you though!^0^

Lilladylife said...

nice FOTD and plate of food!!! the smashbox quad looks cool! for blush have u tried layering a cream blush then a powder, it helps with staying power

Unknown said...

Wow! I wanted that highlighting palette! though I was going to get the more yellow tone...

DiWiMakeup said...

I never know what to do with highlighting powders. =_= I feel like they dont make a difference on me, or I just end up too shimmery. Any tips on applying?


Thanks <3 Diana

Unknown said...

Diana: I always feel that way too, esp during the day. Try highlighting when you go out in the evenings or on overcast days :p That's what I usually do!

*Anita* said...

great reviews! i love highlighters too, i think they really make a difference :) you look lovely with minimal makeup! xx

Unknown said...

love the natural look! you are so pretty! :) i want that milani concealer ever since you posted about it! i love the ysl-esque packaging! must remember to purchase it next time i'm in the states :)

Anonymous said...

I definitely want to try out the milani concealer, I have an ELF one that's similar but as soon as it runs out I'm going to pick it up :) xxxx

Anonymous said...

I love minimalistic looks! You look gorgeous =)