Thursday, June 17, 2010

Skin insecurities

The other day when I was strolling to work in the morning, I found my face getting a bit sunburned :( My cheeks were irritating me and my face was all itchy and blotchy. I bounced out of the apt with a little sunscreen... SPF 20 I believe. I  normally use SPF 50, but somehow I just had forgotten =/ It's healed considerably now, but the fact that my skin was so sensitive that day is beyond me. It made me feel all vampy for getting burned in the wee morning hours... 8am-ish. It wasn't like I walked a 10 miles or anything... only a few blocks.. LOL

I tried really hard to cover the redness... but it looks pale and dull.



Yuck! =/

But now it's significantly better! I just have to be more careful my skin. Maybe I had an allergic reaction to something.


Anyway, I used Bare Escentuals foundation in golden medium in attempt to achieve a little glow. I trimmed my own hair a little, but I have so much hair that you can't really tell the difference. I love these blue chandelier earrings. They are so flimsy and wearable. I bought them a long time ago in a street fair somewhere. I plan to wear it tomorrow with a loose white tee and pulled back hair. I'll take a picture if I could. My camera handling skills are beyond embarrassing. My biggest achievement is cropping the photos =p

I won't give up with the Physicians Formula blush/eye shadow palette. I'll take you ladies' suggestion and try it again :)

12 comments:

Miss ♥ Nikka said...

Awww girl..I feel ya! I remember going on a vacation and having a complete sunburn head to toe. LOL. What moisturizer are you using? I need to change mine, I use clinique gel moisturizer, it has no SPF! D:

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

thanks! i think you look fine in the first picture - i actually like the pale skin contrast with your dark hair. however, yes it is much healthier looking with your foundation magic :) gorgeous!

Tammy said...

Aww sorry to hear about the burn :/ Maybe it's not use to not having an spf covered overtop all the time lol

Good to hear that you're giving the bronzer a try again^^

Anonymous said...

I also wear 50SPF! i dont feel safe without it lol.. glad to hear your skin is healing up! you did a great job covering the redness.

Ricademus said...

Some prescriptions make our skin more sensitive to sunlight. Maybe there are foods that do the same??? It's just a guess.

The earrings are pretty.

Leenda said...

Sorry to hear about your sunburn/allergic reaction! That is so weird! Hopefully it will heal quickly. =]

Irene said...

:( Burning sucks...but at least you don't have built-in redness like me! I'm glad you are 100% healed now, your skin always looks beautiful to me! Very lucky....

I love me some SPF - always at least 25 though unlike lots of gals, I actually want a tan this Summer :D

Tiptoe21 said...

i also need to wear spf 50!! I'm sorry about your sunburn. I don't see any redness, so don't worry too much about it!

s said...

Aww sorry to hear you got burned! My entire childhood I a always got sunburned :(

Those earrings look great, I can totally picture with a white top! You look so golden and glowy, love it!

Unknown said...

Maybe you should get the ones with UV protection...? I use the Japanese Biore one with SPF 50 and PA+++.

Oh and I love how straight your hair is! XD Do you straighten it or is it naturally like that?

Beautiful earrings too.

Lilladylife said...

spf 50 is the way to go!!!! if i dont wear sunscreen i get hot on my face ASAP! love the last picture of u!=D

Liana said...

hi!! i thought i was already following your blog but i guess i wasnt-but i am now! :P you can't even tell you're sunburned, you look great! :)